• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake Up Call (201)

Visit the Episode GuideALPHAS SEASON TWO
    WAKE UP CALL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201

The team is fractured after Dr. Rosen is incarcerated in a psychiatric facility for revealing the existence of Alphas to the world. An incident inside Building 7 leads to a hostage crisis of super-powered proportions.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 25 September 2012, 02:07 PM.

So an interesting set up. Getting more and more 'x-men' in having a good team and a bad team.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      So an interesting set up. Getting more and more 'x-men' in having a good team and a bad team.
      Yup including the good benevolent doctor leading the good team against an evil brotherhood of mutants err alphas...
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

So Bill stayed on the team because he was a federal agent before but did Hicks stay because he had nothing else or because they actually wanted to keep him

Comment

Maybe he stayed because of 'devil you know'? maybe he hoped things would reset and be fixed?

sigpic

Comment

Disappointing, sadly it seem they undid all the great build up work the writers did last season. Rosen finally grows a pair and then suddenly they are cut off again and he becomes a government lackie, it only a matter of time before the government decides he out grown his usefulness and the season 1 last episode is repeated again in some shape or form.

This episode should have built on the huge world changing events of last season instead we essentially got the big reset button.

Which given that Syfy replace the writers with their lackies is not at all surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              Disappointing, sadly it seem they undid all the great build up work the writers did last season. Rosen finally grows a pair and then suddenly they are cut off again and he becomes a government lackie, it only a matter of time before the government decides he out grown his usefulness and the season 1 last episode is repeated again in some shape or form.

This episode should have built on the huge world changing events of last season instead we essentially got the big reset button.

Which given that Syfy replace the writers with their lackies is not at all surprising.
              I don't think so Rossen made it very clear that he was to work without the government telling him how to run things or else.
              The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

What are your opinions of the prison and control methods?

I dislike most prison episodes because "no prison would do that", like keeping everyone together so they can plan escapes, and a host of similar things.

Similar is the control methods where there is one failure point that is fairly obvious. Although what does it say about the Alpha abilities when apparently something can be placed in/near the spinal column to remove abilities (adrenaline restriction)? Makes me think there is one common element to most of the Alpha abilities.

Comment

When I saw them hooking up a wire to that girls head I was thinking "um..." and I was glad to see I was right.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                    I don't think so Rossen made it very clear that he was to work without the government telling him how to run things or else.
                    Which is not how the government has played in the past. An he made similar deals before.

It only a matter of time before the government moves against him again, an stick him in a mental institution or somewhere worst, and if he does not spend the next season preparing for precisely for that scenario then he a fool that deserve to be back stabbed, which he will undoubtedly be.

The government current prison is expose anyway so why not hand it over to Rosen and his team and move their experiments to another facility less known by the population. I am sure the media are not idiots and been investigating his story.
                    In fact I would not be surprise if the Government are setting him up to take responsibility for every that happen in the past at Benthington.

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
                    What are your opinions of the prison and control methods?

I dislike most prison episodes because "no prison would do that", like keeping everyone together so they can plan escapes, and a host of similar things.

Similar is the control methods where there is one failure point that is fairly obvious. Although what does it say about the Alpha abilities when apparently something can be placed in/near the spinal column to remove abilities (adrenaline restriction)? Makes me think there is one common element to most of the Alpha abilities.
                    Also what strange is how quickly the government seem to have come up with the device, was it said the Alphas are a recently discover phenomenon . It was suggested by Red Flag leader that the government knows more about Alphas then they have let on.

What I am certain about is that Rosen is nothing than a puppet for the government that will be dispose off when it usefulness has ended or he become to much of a nuisance.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 25 July 2012, 03:19 AM.

Comment

anyone try to record this? my dvr cut off at 17 minutes and wouldn't record it. Wonder if it was just me or if skiffy was playing dirty with anyone trying a digital recording.

sigpic

Comment

DVR without issue here.
                        I won't go into tens/hundreds of possible causes.

Comment

looking on skiffy's forums some people are having issues. multiple cable companies, time warner or cox, various models of dvr's or recorders (cept for vcr's of course)...only common theme is the network and the show.

everyone is getting a 'it's copy protected you can't record' warning.

happened this week too, right at the head of the hour.

sigpic

Comment

Does not seem to have affected the pirates of this world.

Comment

you know I have an older recorder htat doesn't respond to the 'embedded copyright code' (that's how I recorded Game of Thrones to watch until I got the dvd's), but it's just not worth the bother.

It's possible that it's a mistake, but it's affecting people on time warner, on comcast, on cox....and skiffy's 'official' line via craig engler on twitter is 'we can't stop your dvr from recording, your cable company must be doing it'. Yeah right, like they care. and with multiple companies involved, it's not them. and Skiffy can keep you from recording. embedded copyright code. HBO does it, especially with On Demand titles, cable does it themselves with rented movies and late last year Skiffy also started to prohibit recording off on demand (I liked recording off ondemand since the show wasn't all cluttered up with half page ads and bugs and I wasn't at the mercy of the cable company misswitching the breaks)
                              accident, or maybe it's some sort of experiment or trick. Dunno, likely never will. But a common theme amongst those experiencing the issue is 'if it's too hard to watch, I just won't'

honestly, Alphas is a way to kill an hour. It's no Dexter, it's no Game of Thrones, it's not must see tv...it's an average drama and about the only unique characteristic it has is the fact that it's one of just a handful of non-'pseudo reality' stuff that skiffy airs.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X