Fan Fic Writers Sprinting Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan Fic Writers Sprinting Station

A place for fan fic writers to meet and do "sprints"--30 minutes, 60 minutes, whatever. Based on the 1K1H (1,000 words in 1 hour) sprints on Twitter and the Saturday Sprints I started on Savvy Authors.

This is an open format. You check in, say "Hi" and see who else is on or make arrangements to meet at a certain time on a certain day. Tell us what you're working on. Go away for an hour (or half an hour) and write. Come back and post your results.

Make sure when you post your time to meet, you let people know your time zone, as well, since we live all over the world. For example, I live on the east coast of the U.S., so I might say, "let's meet Sunday, from 9-10 p.m. EST".

So, anyone want to meet tonight, Sunday, from 9-10 EST?
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Because of all the different timezones and -systems I thought it might be handy to use a site like this so you can check out how EST compares to GMT or use the specific links at the top of the page to check out the timezone you're in.

ETA:
    That unfortunately also means I cannot join you at 9-10 EST tonight, Whytewytch...
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Feel free to set up a time (and/or day) that works better for you. I may wind up doing what for me is early morning once school is back or even before then; might even do afternoons. Just for the first time I didn't want to start a sprint...now. Thanks for the lovely converter!
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Don't know if I'll be alone here or not this week, but I'll be working on editing the chapter of ITB that I finished last night, during a Savvy Authors sprint. See you in an hour!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm in! Novel, here I come!

Comment

Ack!!! I missed this altogether. I will, however, subscribe to this thread so I can participate next time.
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Well, tonight I edited ch 28 of ITB and got over 300 words in ch 29 written.

How'd you do, selene? Amara, you should've come!
              sigpic

Comment

So... we just post what we've produced here? I assume we're trusting that we won't be stealing anyone's ideas, right?

If it was fanfic I wouldn't care, but this novel thing is serious stuff-- stuff I'm not all that sure about, actually, in terms of proprietary/legality issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                  Amara, you should've come!
                  If I'd been paying better attention to the boards today I totally would have! Count me in for next time. Well, so long as I'm not priorly engaged. Online collectives are the next best thing to writer's rooms!
                  Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    So... we just post what we've produced here? I assume we're trusting that we won't be stealing anyone's ideas, right?

If it was fanfic I wouldn't care, but this novel thing is serious stuff-- stuff I'm not all that sure about, actually, in terms of proprietary/legality issues.
                    Nope. All you do is post your results--how many words you wrote, if you edited something, worked on a blog, whatever. It's just to set aside an hour only for writing and writing-related work. We can look at each other's posts and cheer each other on.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                      If I'd been paying better attention to the boards today I totally would have! Count me in for next time. Well, so long as I'm not priorly engaged. Online collectives are the next best thing to writer's rooms!
                      I'm trying to get involved in as many of these as possible--the more I have that "pressure", the more I'll produce. Tonight was just fan fic, but at least my wayward muse was chained to a desk with me for a bit. The more she's around, the more likely she'll start whispering original fic in my ear.
                      sigpic

Comment

So this is similar to "Creative Writing" tests at school?
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          So this is similar to "Creative Writing" tests at school?
                          It's working on whatever you want/need to work on in writing. Last night, on a different forum, I wrote my blog entry for the evening and finished a chapter of my fan fic. Tonight, here, I edited the chapter I finished last night and began writing another chapter. Next time, I may work on an original fic.
                          sigpic

Comment

It's working on whatever you want/need to work on in writing. Last night, on a different forum, I wrote my blog entry for the evening and finished a chapter of my fan fic. Tonight, here, I edited the chapter I finished last night and began writing another chapter. Next time, I may work on an original fic.
                            Understood, but the function is to put pressure on you to keep you focussed, yes?
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Nope. All you do is post your results--how many words you wrote, if you edited something, worked on a blog, whatever. It's just to set aside an hour only for writing and writing-related work. We can look at each other's posts and cheer each other on.
                              I see! In that case, I've edited and expanded. Not too shabby. Mostly just adding in details that make it read less like an outline and more like an actual fic. The characters are becoming more robust, and I'm considering the particulars of my plot points. It's coming together quite nicely!

This was fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X