Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Season 1 was good, season 2 was better.

I've heard 3-5 generally thought of as the show's best years.

I think Season 6 get unfairly overlooked a lot; it has a ton of quality episodes and does lots to move the show's main story arcs forward (perhaps more than any other season).

I found Seasons 7 and 8 largely pretty blasé, with a few bright spots here and there.

I thought Season 9 was a return to awesomeness and really brought the show back to life. Season 10 wasn't quite as good as Season 9, but I still enjoyed the crap out of it.

Still annoyed that it never got Season 11 and beyond.
    I think all seasons had good and bad parts. Didn't have a favourite or least favourite. As for Season 6, I agree, Daniel's missing isn't that bad and Jonas Quinn was awesome. Seriously, how can you overlook episodes like "the Other Guys" and "Paradise Lost"??
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I consider everything upto the end of Season 6 pretty damn good stuff. Once we get to the Lost City Tablet being found in Full Circle the series just lurges from "one ultra powerful advancement by either Anubis or the Replicators that can't be defeated until we find a Macguffin to the next".

Oh look Kull Warriors - they can't be defeated until we find Telchek's device. Oh look, we've found it! Anubis uber powerful? Let's find a Lost City Outpost to destroy him. The Ori? Let's just find a chest with magical powers to defeat them.

Season 7 on the whole is utterly atriocious water treading. It is clear from Full Circle that they have nowhere left to go until the Lost City is found, yet they've got 20 episodes to fill. Space Race. Enemy Mine. Avenger 2.0. Awful rubbish. Thankfully Season 8 was back to form.

Comment

personally i divide stargate sg1 into two sections.
        seasons 1-8: pretty much everything that starts up with the goa'uld and the replicators finishes up by season 8
        seasons 9-10/arc of truth: the ori story.

aka "the RDA era" and the "post RDA era"

i liked all 10 seasons a lot with the exception of a handful of episodes spread out over the entire series.

those who don't fall, never stand up

Comment

I'm pretty much okay with all the seasons. Sure, some were a lot better than others. To me, seasons 2 to 5 were the best, with season 7 definitely trying to return to that. Season 1 was okay, you can tell the show was really trying to find direction before moving on to a much better season 2. I'm not a fan of season 6, and that has nothing to do with Jonas, because I adore him. I just feel like this season had a lot of filler episodes that didn't do anything for the bigger stories that had been created in earlier seasons. Season 8 was so-so to me. Wasn't bad, wasn't exceptionally good either.
          I didn't mind seasons 9 and 10, actually. It took getting used to, but I love a lot of those episodes.

Comment

For me, the season six is the golden age of the whole TV series. I do not have anything against Jonas, I like him even better than Daniel. The plots of the episodes were interesting for me, I can not remember any bad episode.
            Last edited by Manche; 29 January 2018, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X