Stargate Fan Awards and Gatefic Awards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Fan Awards and Gatefic Awards?

Hi! Couldn't find a thread for either, so I'm sorry if there are any and I just failed at searching.

Does anyone know anything about Stargate Fan Awards and Gatefic Awards? Are they still active? SG Fan Awards seems not to have been run since 2008? Gatefic Awards has no comments since fall 2011, so I am unsure if it is still running?

Are there other fanfic awards?
    sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

GateFic Awards tweeted a facebook message a few months ago, saying they'd been busy and weren't sure how to proceed with this year's awards because of their lack of promotion. There hasn't been any follow-up as far as I know.

I'm sure you could contact them to find out more.

I don't know about the other fan awards, I got the impression most of them stopped in the last few years.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

as the shows have ended and fic dried up, interest wanes. the same with all hte fic websites that have gone down in the past few years.

it's the normal progression of a fandom ' start slow, reach its zenith, fade as the show ends'

in its heyday we'd have hundreds and hundreds of votes. and thousands of noms. but awards like that take so much time. I worked on one of them for a few years and it pretty much consumes your life for a month or three. You are subject to abuse and allegations (you're cheating, you're only taking care of your friends, you only won cause you cheated, the awards are slanted towards......etc)

Getting people to participate is difficult, but they are quick to criticize and nitpick.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Who cares?
        My personal opinion about those ... awards are that those things are mostly faked to promote some writers/artists and throw the rest into the dirt. Really good storys and art I've rarely seen been promoted or got awards. When those things are dieing - good. Better for the fandom because now the real good storys have better chances to get famous.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          as the shows have ended and fic dried up, interest wanes. the same with all hte fic websites that have gone down in the past few years.

it's the normal progression of a fandom ' start slow, reach its zenith, fade as the show ends'

in its heyday we'd have hundreds and hundreds of votes. and thousands of noms. but awards like that take so much time. I worked on one of them for a few years and it pretty much consumes your life for a month or three. You are subject to abuse and allegations (you're cheating, you're only taking care of your friends, you only won cause you cheated, the awards are slanted towards......etc)

Getting people to participate is difficult, but they are quick to criticize and nitpick.
          I wish to nitpick this post..............

sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'd love there to be fan awards of some kind again...that'd be fantastic

Well I'm currently unemployed so if anyone ever decided to start/restart something, I'd be willing to help out.

Unless I get a job, cos then the job would have to come first, lol
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
              I'd love there to be fan awards of some kind again...that'd be fantastic

Well I'm currently unemployed so if anyone ever decided to start/restart something, I'd be willing to help out.

Unless I get a job, cos then the job would have to come first, lol
              I'd suggest contacting GateFic Awards since that's the only active one I know of at the moment and see if they need any help this year (since they've been so quiet lately) to see if you like the work that seems to go into organizing these things. Then maybe, if you still have enough free time next year, you could look around to see if there are any other fan award thingies you'd like to be part of (or continue to work with Gatefic Awards of course) or maybe start something yourself.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
              X