The Gateworld Recipe Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Gateworld Recipe Exchange

A place to post your favorite recipes. Please keep in mind forum rules about pic size if you want to post pics.

Over on Team Flyboy we were discussing the age-old question--what's for dinner? We needed ideas and so we decided to start this thread. I'll start off with one of my family's favorites, Maple Salmon.

You will need:

1/4 cup of maple syrup (I use half sugar free and half regular)
    2 tablespoons of soy sauce
    1 clove of minced garlic (I find about 1/2 teaspoon of the same works well)
    Dash of garlic salt
    Dash of pepper
    1 pound of salmon (4 pieces frozen)

In a bowl or measuring cup, mix the first five ingredients. Place the salmon in a Ziploc bag and pour the liquid into the bag. Close the bag and squish the liquid around to make sure it gets on all the salmon. Set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. In the meantime, spray a glass baking pan with Pam or other non-stick spray. Set the oven for 400F. After the 30 minutes, take the salmon and place it into the pan; pour the remaining liquid onto the salmon. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork.

I got this recipe originally from Allrecipes, but have changed a few things as I've worked with it. Nutritional information is here; serves 4. Prep time is about 10 minutes, total time from start to cooked is about an hour, depending on how long you marinate it.

I usually serve this with rice pilaf and peas. I rarely have leftovers, even when I make a double batch for my family of four.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Ahhh....yummy! Not fish people, but the idea of all these recipes!

Hmm. . . .Some good ones I know. . . .

Green Chile Smothered Burritos
    Spoiler:
    Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (one per person served)
    Flour tortillas (I usually use the 10 pack.)
    1 can Old El Paso green chile enchilada sauce (or your preferred brand)
    1 can diced green chiles
    1 pkg shredded cheddar cheese
    Chopped onion (optional)

Cook your chicken any way you like, microwave or boil. Do not add salt or any flavoring. Once it's cooked, shred it up and add just enough of the enchilada sauce to flavor it.

Spoon a small spoonful of the chicken onto a flour tortilla. Add a pinch of cheddar cheese. Roll and place in greased 13x9 baking pan. Repeat for however many tortillas.

Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas. It should smother them. Cover with shredded cheese. Sprinkle on any remaining chicken, chopped onions, and diced green chile.

Bake in 350F oven for 30-35 minutes. Let sit for another 10 minutes to cool slightly.

Serve hot.

Yield: 4-8 servings, maybe more depending on if you do Spanish rice or salad on the side.

Comment

LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      Ahhh....yummy! Not fish people, but the idea of all these recipes!

Hmm. . . .Some good ones I know. . . .

Green Chile Smothered Burritos
      Spoiler:
      Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (one per person served)
      Flour tortillas (I usually use the 10 pack.)
      1 can Old El Paso green chile enchilada sauce (or your preferred brand)
      1 can diced green chiles
      1 pkg shredded cheddar cheese
      Chopped onion (optional)

Cook your chicken any way you like, microwave or boil. Do not add salt or any flavoring. Once it's cooked, shred it up and add just enough of the enchilada sauce to flavor it.

Spoon a small spoonful of the chicken onto a flour tortilla. Add a pinch of cheddar cheese. Roll and place in greased 13x9 baking pan. Repeat for however many tortillas.

Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas. It should smother them. Cover with shredded cheese. Sprinkle on any remaining chicken, chopped onions, and diced green chile.

Bake in 350F oven for 30-35 minutes. Let sit for another 10 minutes to cool slightly.

Serve hot.

Yield: 4-8 servings, maybe more depending on if you do Spanish rice or salad on the side.
      YUMMY! I wish we had green chile in the house so I could make it

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tater-tot-hot-dish-ii/ - one of my favorite recipes

can make some healthy substitutions like ground all-white turkey breast meat (which is 99% lean), using 98% fat free versions of the condensed soups listed, using shredded potatoes (for hash browns, though the casserole wouldn't be a tater tot one if you do this), and subbing one tube of crushed fat-free pringles (which is about 5.8 oz., close enough) for the french-fried onions

Comment

Tonight we're having Mexican Pizza

Spoiler:

Sorry about the vagueness of quantities - we don't measure when we cook.

1lb g. beef
          1 can black beans
          Shredded Cheese
          Seasoning
          Rice, cooked (optional)
          Tomato sauce (optional)

1) Brown the ground beef with your preferred seasoning. (You can add some tomato sauce if you want; I don't but hubby does).

2) Place tortillas on baking sheets (we have to use two for four tortillas). Layer with meat, beans then cheese. You're welcome to switch this up by placing crushed/ground beans on first then the meat and cheese.. (at this point in time you would also add the rice )

3)Bake @350 for about 10-15min e viola!
          Last edited by m&mnm317; 17 July 2012, 06:55 PM.

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

http://www.adrive.com/public/GqzMF5/...cacciatore.pdf - another favorite recipe of mine...and it's vegetarian....even vegan if you skip sprinkling the cheese or use vegan cheese...

other recipes:

http://www.adrive.com/public/tPBGEz/...c_mug_cake.pdf
            http://www.adrive.com/public/A4aHH2/..._cream_pie.pdf
            http://www.adrive.com/public/VzScxp/...nut_spread.pdf
            http://www.adrive.com/public/8UNNZA/...erry_sauce.pdf

Comment

Thought I would share another family favorite. I made this tonight!

Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
              Spoiler:

8 oz uncooked fettuccine (can increase this to however much you need. Just be sure to increase your sauce.)
              1/2 medium onion, sliced
              1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
              1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
              2 Tbsp olive oil
              2 cups cubed chicken (or sausage or shrimp or. . . .)
              4 tsp Cajun seasoning
              1 tsp minced garlic
              1 jar Alfredo sauce
              1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
              2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
              1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook fettuccine.

Meanwhile, saute peppers and onion in olive oil until tender. Add your cooked meat, seasonings, and garlic. Heat through and transfer to large bowl.

Add cooked fettuccine. Stir in sauces.

Transfer to greased 13x9 pan. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Let sit for a few minutes before serving.

Yield: 6-8 large servings

Would love to hear what you think of it!
              Last edited by ladygris; 23 July 2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Thought I would share another family favorite. I made this tonight!

Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
                Spoiler:

8 oz uncooked fettuccine (can increase this to however much you need. Just be sure to increase your sauce.)
                1 large onion, sliced
                1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
                1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
                2 Tbsp olive oil
                2 cups cubed chicken (or sausage or shrimp or. . . .)
                4 tsp Cajun seasoning
                1 tsp minced garlic
                1 jar Alfredo sauce
                1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
                2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
                1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Cook fettuccine.

Meanwhile, saute peppers and onion in olive oil until tender. Add your cooked meat, seasonings, and garlic. Heat through and transfer to large bowl.

Add cooked fettuccine. Stir in sauces.

Transfer to greased 13x9 pan. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Let sit for a few minutes before serving.

Would love to hear what you think of it!
                how many does this recipe serve?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  At a rough guess of ingrediants, I would say 4, but I would use more meat in any of my own recipies.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    Oops. Forgot to add that.

It varies. When I make this recipe with a full pack of fettuccine, it serves 6-8 depending on serving size. It makes a FULL 13x9 pan. But it's easy to double by adding more sauce and more noodles.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      At a rough guess of ingrediants, I would say 4, but I would use more meat in any of my own recipies.
                      I usually use more meat than that, too. I basically copied the recipe card I use for it. I like making this recipe with sausage over chicken.

Comment

I usually use more meat than that, too. I basically copied the recipe card I use for it. I like making this recipe with sausage over chicken.
                        Now, THAT would be a very nice mix
                        "Standard beef" sausage?
                        sigpic

Comment

It varies. When I make this recipe with a full pack of fettuccine, it serves 6-8 depending on serving size. It makes a FULL 13x9 pan. But it's easy to double by adding more sauce and more noodles.
                          Yeah, I figured you had far too many veggies in the mix there, I would guess close to a pound and a half of veggies, if not more.
                          sigpic

Comment

Now, THAT would be a very nice mix
                            "Standard beef" sausage?
                            Uh. . .Just smoked sausage. Whether you like pork or beef. . . .And I saute it into the veggie mix.

Yeah, I figured you had far too many veggies in the mix there, I would guess close to a pound and a half of veggies, if not more.
                            Not really. I tone down the onion a lot because, where I live, they tend to be very strong. So, one green bell pepper, one red bell pepper, and about 1/2 an onion is what I make. It doesn't overpower the fettuccine at all.

*goes to edit recipe post*

Comment

I'll probably cut it into 8 servings if I ever make it...thanks.....needed the number of servings so I could put this recipe into the WW recipe builder on my e-tools account....the recipe builder on e-tools is a tool where you can enter in the recipe and the number of servings and it will give you the points per serving...

Comment

Working...
                              X