Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would you do with the rest of your life if you had £22,000,000?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would you do with the rest of your life if you had £22,000,000?

as in what would you spend your days going if you never had to work again?

I'd split it between writing, travel, and indulging in carnal knowledge of interesting and attractive members of the opposite sex.

Better yet, with that kind of money I could probably find ONE interesting and attractive member of the opposite sex and make him a kept man. That's plenty.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

With £22 million I'd get myself a decent house, an unbeatable internet connection and a large dog, then get the one family member I give even half a damn about plus my best friends sorted. After that it's basically writing, television, films, videogames and maybe the occasional sci-fi convention.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
        as in what would you spend your days going if you never had to work again?
        I'd share it out amongst my family and myself.
        Make sure some close RL mates are a bit sorted.
        After that I'd buy myself a nice house, sort out my finances (put most of the money in a good interest account) and put aside all the money I'll need for bills.
        Maybe get a newer car.

Once all of that's sorted I'd probably get some further education, spend my time studying a variety of subjects, do some traveling, first throughout the UK, then maybe do a Man Vs Food style tour of the US and other countries.
        See those big sights of the world that people always say you should go and see.

Generally just do what I fancy, widen my view of the world.

What about you slimjim?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
          kept man
          are you a women, gay, or is that just an expression?

Comment

for slimjim
            http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=kept%20man
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post

so SF_and_Coffee is a women?

Comment

are you a women, gay, or is that just an expression?
                While it may have that connotation, it can be used to describe a wealthy person financially aiding a poorer person, with no sexual connotation at all.

Also, as an expression, the "man" is gender neutral, just as "him" or "ils" (in French) are both the masculine and gender-neutral pronoun in proper English.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

slim, yes shes a woman, and i love your profile pic SF
                  Last edited by pookey; 15 July 2012, 12:39 PM. Reason: LoS sneaky bugger :P
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm a woman, and I meant it in the literal sense... which I'd thought would've been obvious from the context.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                      What about you slimjim?
                      I'd spend the rest of my life trying to see in I could get a PHDs in mathematics, various scientific fields, English literature and philosophy
                      I've got an IQ of about 130 something, I'm just really really really lazy and as such pretty ignorant. I reckon if I had lots and lots of money I'd be able to engineer a study environment where I can't get distracted or give up when I struggle at any thing

Comment

I'm a woman, and I meant it in the literal sense... which I'd thought would've been obvious from the context.
                        your avatar always made me assume you where male

Comment

My posts should be a major clue otherwise, and my profile as well.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

My posts should be a major clue otherwise, and my profile as well.
                            I've never looked at your profile and I haven't read all your posts ever

Comment

Yours makes me assume you don't exist.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X