Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Browder's character Named! Carter conflict?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben Browder's character Named! Carter conflict?

Well since they have announced his character as being Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell, I am wondering now how the roles of leadership will be played. I know their are multiple discussions on who will lead the teams now, but with the greater powers making him a Lieutenant Colonel, I have to believe he might le lead the team. This will be interesting though, as SG fans will have to adapt to two new leadership positions. (The changing in Generals)
    From the Cartoon Network show
    "Aqua Teen Hunger Force"

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the Stargate]
    Emory: Isn't that the Starga—

Oglethorpe: NO! It is the FARGATE! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've never seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!

Emory: But it—

Oglethorpe: No, it is a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!

Originally posted by Gateworld.
    TV Guide previously reported that the initials of Browder's new character were "M.M.," and that the producers couldn't reveal it until it was cleared through legal channels. The character's first name was probably changed during that process so as not to resemble an actual person.
    I find this interesting as there was an actor named Cameron Mitchell who died in 1994. I just wonder if the name had to be cleared legally as it was not his real name.

Chain of command could be interesting after Carter gets back.
    sigpic

Comment

Cam and Sam. Anyone else notice that their first names rhyme?

I can only wonder what his first name was going to be, originally. I'm also disappointed that he was made into a Lt. Colonel. This means that once Tapping returns after her maternity leave, we really will have an issue of two commanding officers with the same rank. Then again, depending on what reason they give for Col. Carter's absense in the first few episodes, there might be a reason for her to stay on the base instead of going in the field. Goodness knows they've been doing a lot of on-base episodes, lately.
      It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Or maybe Sam will be promoted as well? And some interesting competition between Sam and Cam?
        sigpic

Comment

Cameron Mitchell. I kind of like that name. I think Sam should be promoted to Colonel. But then again, they have promoted her alot in recent years. It would make 3 promotions in 8/9 years. That's alot.

http://gateworld.net/news/2005/02/br...amerevea.shtml

Also, something is wrong with the HTML. it only shows when you click Tuesday in the episodes calendar area. Or any other day preceding Monday.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

That's interesting.

I'm kinda hoping that Carter will somehow outrank 'Cameron Mitchell'. It would be easier than trying to make him the team leader. Carter deserves to be commanding SG-1, IMO.
            Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
            Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Originally posted by Manic
              Cam and Sam. Anyone else notice that their first names rhyme?
              Maybe his nickname will be Ron. I know a Cameron, nicknamed Ron.

I think that it'll be better this way. To bring in the new Colonel while Carter's gone, that way it's not just like the new guy's coming in and taking over. This way he's needed. Then when Carter gets back, it'll be exciting to see the conflict.

Comment

Wow... I don't get it. There's already an actor Cameron Mitchell, and an actor John Cameron Mitchell. Could it be any more confusing?

Unless someone on Stargate wanted to name the character as a tribute to the original Mitchell.... who starred in, among other films, "Frankenstein Island", the worst movie ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by jsnell
                  Wow... I don't get it. There's already an actor Cameron Mitchell, and an actor John Cameron Mitchell. Could it be any more confusing?

Unless someone on Stargate wanted to name the character as a tribute to the original Mitchell.... who starred in, among other films, "Frankenstein Island", the worst movie ever made.
                  Or in HIGH CHAPARREL and over 100 westerns. Eh, everybody makes a dud movie now and again.

Most people now probably won't recognize the name Cameron Mitchell, as the audience SciFi is mostly aiming for is 25 year old males, who weren't even alive by the time that actor died.

All names go through legal clearances at studios so they don't get sued by someone. I think the name Matt Mason would have been too corny - considering all avid SG1 fans would recognize the name from a DOLL.

I instantly thought of the actor who did westerns, but hey, it's a lot better than Matt Mason!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    Most people now probably won't recognize the name Cameron Mitchell, as the audience SciFi is mostly aiming for is 25 year old males, who weren't even alive by the time that actor died.
                    Boy, I guess the fact that I instantly thought of this actor and said "what do you mean 'no connection to a real person?' shows that I'm not in the target demographic!

Comment

I agree with Buggy542. Carter should command Sg-1. It is only fitting. I also think it would be interesting to see if a relationship develops between San and Cam. I know she is engaged to Pete Shanahan, but... anything can happen.
                      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

^^^
                        VERY Tantalizing possibility....have the shipper threads begun?
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe there will be a power struggle when she gets back. Sam will have to kick some butt.

Comment

and she would too

honestly, i really doubt carter will be replaced as CO of SG1.... unless this new general (is that confirmed yet??) decides to replace her a la bauer in chain reaction...

now THAT would be interesting... if they had a leader permanently who WASN'T on the "good side"

Comment

I've sure never heard the name "Cameron Mitchell" before today. I'd bet that most Stargate fans won't be confused by it ...
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X