How many times does Daniel Jackson die?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many times does Daniel Jackson die?

I was speaking to a friend and she said that he died twice although I am sure it is more times
    sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

first of all the real daniel, because theres alternate realities daniel and a robot daniel.

as for real one: twice. once at the end of season 5 and once again in season 8. both times he acends. (they all sort of die in nox, but it doesn't really count because it never actually says they died, other than jack thinking that they did).

alternate reality: continuum, moebuis, 2010 (i may have missed some not sure).

robot: double jeoperty
    sigpic

Comment

...There really needs to be a spoilers notice on the thread title...

Actually, the thread title itself is a spoiler.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        ...There really needs to be a spoilers notice on the thread title...

Actually, the thread title itself is a spoiler.
        Well, kind of... but then again, I think anyone who's followed the discussions on GW for a while probably knows that Daniel had at least a reputation for getting killed or almost killed or appearing to get killed ("Fire and Water", anyone?) even if they haven't watched all the way through Season 5...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
        sigpic
        now also appearing on DeviantArt
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Site policy is that there's no need for spoiler warnings for SG series and movies now,unless a show is in production and showing on Syfy or syndication, and tags will then be needed for discussion of upcoming episodes.

Exception : if someone's so new to the show that they ask in their opening post for tags to be added to replies.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Lol alright. Just looking out for the little guys.

I know if I had come into this board so soon into watching the show (about a year ago now is when I started) I would have been spoiled just from the title. But alrighty. Figured I would point it out just in case.

Especially if they are in their watch of season 6, believe he's gone for good, and sees this thread...Lol
            Last edited by Gen. Chris; 30 June 2012, 09:49 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, let's face it, there are some people who are just beginning now with Season One, so if we were going to worry too much about that, every single thread title would have to be spoiler tagged and the site would be well-nigh un-navigable because you'd never be able to tell what a thread was even about until you clicked into it.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
              Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
              sigpic
              now also appearing on DeviantArt
              Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Fair enough I suppose...

At least this place is better than IMDB...Where they often put spoiler info in thread titles, sometimes with a spoiler alert in the title as well (cause that totally helps).
                sigpic

Comment

I am talking about every single time he dies by dead I mean no more heartbeat or no more breath from his lungs
                  sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

Daniel Jackson is my favorite SG-1 character. I can help you out with this one. I'll break it down by season and movies.

Stargate (1 Death)
                    Shielding O'Neill with his body, shot by one of Ra's guards by mistake. He was brought back to life via the sarcophagus.

SG-1 Season 1 (2 Deaths, thought to be dead once)
                    Jackson was fatally wounded by Apophis's staff weapon in "The Nox." It's not unreasonable to count this as a death. Jackson was thought to be dead in "Fire and Water" to the point where the SGC held a funeral service. In "There But For the Grace of God," it was revealed that the alternate reality Jackson was likely dead due to Apophis's ship having bombarded Egypt.

SG-1 Season 2 (0 Deaths, thought to be dead twice)
                    Mortally wounded in "The Serpent's Lair," left for dead by SG-1 at his own request. The reason, "We're all going to die anyway, go!" An epiphany lead him to survive via sarcophagus and use the stargate to reach the Alpha Site. He was caught in a cave in "Need" where he was either killed or mortally wounded. From dialogue presented in the episode, we'll say he was mortally wounded, and not actually dead. He recovered via sarcophagus. Notice a pattern here? O'Neill and Carter were tricked into thinking that SG-1 had died and that they had been frozen for over a century. I'll count this, since both thought Jackson (along with the team) were dead. The episode began with O'Neill's perspective, and it was very convincing for a first-time viewer.

SG-1 Season 3 (0 Deaths)
                    No deaths, no mortal injuries, but he went insane in "Legacy" and missing in "Crystal Skull." Granted, both situations were resolved by episode's end.

SG-1 Season 4 (3 Deaths)
                    Daniel was either killed or simply shot in "Window of Opportunity" during the timeloops. Each time he was shot in a loop, I don't remember it being revealed if he was dead or simply stunned. The loop would reset just moments later. Daniel Jackson was shot to death by the stargate security system at the end of "2010." O'Neill's note successfully went back in time, changing history, thus Jackson never dies... at least, not that way. Jackson flat-lined in "The Light," but he was resuscitated by the "drug machine" (whatever it was) as soon as he returned through the stargate. Jackson's robot clone from "Tin Man" returned in "Double Jeopardy" only to have his head shot off. Chronos freaked when he saw that Jackson was a robot. I'll count this, given this Jackson thought he was the real Jackson back in "Tin Man."

SG-1 Season 5 (1 Death)
                    Exposed to a lethal amount of radiation. He was ascended by Oma DeSalla at the moment of death. He didn't actually die, because he had ascended. However, I'll let it count, because it was a permanent departure at the time (the actor left the show).

SG-1 Season 6 (0 Deaths)
                    Three guest appearances as an ascended being.

SG-1 Season 7 (0 Deaths)
                    He was descended in the first episode, and had amnesia throughout that episode and the subsequent one. He had a bunch of personalities crammed in his brain in "Lifeboat." Jackson was kidnapped in Central America, tortured, and almost killed by a zombie in "Evolution, Parts 1&2." Osiris visited Jackson in his dreams and tried to kill him in the climax of "Chimera." He watched a close friend die in "Heroes, Part 1." To put it simply, he went through a lot of psychological trauma this season.

SG-1 Season 8 (3 Deaths, thought to be dead once, numerous virtual reality deaths)
                    Though he didn't die for real, Daniel died in a virtual reality numerous times while attempting to help Teal'c escape. Daniel was abducted by RepliCarter in "Reckoning, Part 1," and killed after he hacked her long enough to "pause" all replicators in "Reckoning, Part 2." In "Threads," Carter tried to explain to O'Neill that Jackson couldn't have survived if he was on RepliCarter's ship when the energy wave destroyed all the replicators (her ship was a giant replicator of sorts). In this episode, we learn he'd been ascended for a second time, but was in some kind of waiting room. He had to choose to die or ascend. Because he convince Oma to stop Anubis once and for all, the others descended him alive. In "Moebius, Part 1," SG-1 (including Jackson) found themselves stranded in Ancient Egypt where they presumably lived out their natural lives. In the present day, an alternate team tried to correct the timeline. The alternate Jackson was implanted with a Goa'uld spy by Teal'c. The alternate SG-1 (minus Jackson) went back in time and helped the original Jackson (all that remained of SG-1) to reset history. In the present, SG-1 doesn't have to do anything, due to their original self's mission to the past. However, they go on without knowledge of Bizarro SG-1.

SG-1 Season 9 (0 Deaths)
                    Daniel was almost burned to death while inhabiting someone else's body in "Origin." Daniel's death was implied in "Camelot." We saw the Korolev destroyed, but we were not treated to his survival until the following episode.

SG-1 Season 10 (1 Death)
                    Daniel died when the Odyssey exploded in "Unending." However, the time dilation field used the explosion to power a reversal given that the ZPM was drained. This meant that everything in the field (except for Teal'c) reset to moments before the field was originally activated. Teal'c remained old to change the outcome.

Continuum
                    In the climax, he was killed by Quatesh's Jaffa while defending Carter. Mitchell traveled back to 1929 to correct history in 1939. Fast forward to 2008, and Ba'al's extraction went as planned. The Jackson at the end of the movie goes unaware of his counterpart's alternate timeline adventure.

12 Deaths, thought to be dead 4 times

Comment

I covered all of that in my preceding post, but I didn't remember him flatlining in "Holiday." I wouldn't count that as it was so brief and that flatlines happen all the time on the show. It's a wonder these people aren't twitchy!

Comment

Working...
                      X