This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your worst episode?

Ok, surely everyone here knows one episode of Sg1 that they REALLY REALLY despise, I mean cannot stand to watch, when they get to it whilst watching their DVDs, they have to avoid it. So what is it?

Personally, the ONLY episode of SG1 that I even dislike is Emancipation. It drives me nuts, and is frankly, BORING! I hated it when I first ever saw it when Sg1 came out, and I hate it now!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

mine must be bane except the end.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Avoid them? Never watche them on DVD? No episode that bad!

That was my first reaction. Then Emancipation and Bane were mentioned. I must have completely blocked them out of my memory. If there are other eps I avoid, they're blocked out too so I can't name them for you.
      My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
      -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
      -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
      -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Urgo. Too much. Could have ended it in 30 mins.

Comment

One episode? Oh man - there are many that deserve that spot - Prometheus Unbound, Icon, Bane, Ascension (there's one not mentioned yet that should be on the list - I swear to freakin God if one more random alien's first words to Sam are "I love you," I'll start searching ebay for the robot that's writing their scripts), Wormhole X-Treme, Nightwalkers, Sight Unseen, Forsaken, Avenger 2.0, Chimera, Heroes Part 1 (not two), Inauguration...

But the number one worst episode of all time is Space Race. That wasn't even worthy of half-a-watch. Every copy of that abomination should be destroyed under penalty of death to anyone who mentions it again...

Comment

I didn't like Emancipation and Resurrection. Hated Resurrection, in fact. *blah*

Comment

Originally posted by Cinephilic TV Addict
              One episode? Oh man - there are many that deserve that spot - Prometheus Unbound, Icon, Bane, Ascension (there's one not mentioned yet that should be on the list - I swear to freakin God if one more random alien's first words to Sam are "I love you," I'll start searching ebay for the robot that's writing their scripts), Wormhole X-Treme, Nightwalkers, Sight Unseen, Forsaken, Avenger 2.0, Chimera, Heroes Part 1 (not two), Inauguration...

But the number one worst episode of all time is Space Race. That wasn't even worthy of half-a-watch. Every copy of that abomination should be destroyed under penalty of death to anyone who mentions it again...
              See, that's where differences of opinion come in. I really enjoyed PU, Icon, Sight Unseen, Chimera, and Heroes Part 1. Inauguration is one of my favorite eps. Ascension, Wormhole X-Treme, Nightwalkers, Forsaken, Avenger 2.0, and Space Race are all decent eps in my opinion.

Bane ... there is no excuse for Bane.
              My LiveJournal.

-Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.

Comment

Oh inly one damn there are lots of really bad episodes.Don't know witch one to choose I hated Wormhole Extreme so much because I expeceted something else for an 100th episode !! and ooh space race don't talk about that that sucked big time !!
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by Cinephilic TV Addict

you mentioned a lot of my faves

as for worst??? well since i watched them ALL on dvd in order to even catch up with the series, i never skipped any on dvd

but as for ones i have never watched SINCE for whatever reason (boring, dumb, whatever....) well a lot of season one (compared especially to the later seasons)... emancipation, brocadivide, brief candle, cold lazarus, cor-ai, politics... the rest are pretty good though

as for seasons 2 on, there aren't NEARLY as many per season

spirits, bane (again, 'cept for the end, which IMO is hilarious ), rules of engagement (most of it boring), a hundred days, new ground, double jeopardy, paradise lost ('cept the beginning), and chimera

Comment

Right now I would have to say Avatar. Once was not so bad, but they kept playing it.

Comment

Cor-Ai. Yep, that's another one I'd repressed.

Broca Divide is a tough one--if you only counted the parts that take place in the Land of Light, it would be one of my least favorite eps. If you only count the parts that take place back at the SGC, one of my favorites. So I have learned to use the ff button liberally on that episode.
                      My LiveJournal.

-Frank A. Clark

-Michel de Saint-Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                        you mentioned a lot of my faves

spirits, bane (again, 'cept for the end, which IMO is hilarious ), rules of engagement (most of it boring), a hundred days, new ground, double jeopardy, paradise lost ('cept the beginning), and chimera
                        Yah, opinions are different. I guess I'd have to say that most of the horrible episodes for me result from the fact that I in know way find their "fun/funny/light-hearted" episodes of nowadays funny at all. And I have quite a variance on the kind of comedy that I like, from Seinfeld (reality-based) to South Park (border-line) to Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sea Lab 2021 (outside the realm of all that is reality). That's why I hated Space Race, Icon, and Prometheus Unbound (plus a lot of other episodes written by that writer) - he writes good dramatic episodes, in my opinion, but is not funny in any way shape or form to me. And I write comedy often, so for the record this guy needs to realize that he needs to put in just as much effort to comedy as he does drama. And so, naturally, I feel physical pain when his humor episodes air.

But yah - rules of engagement was anticlimactic, chimera emphasized the wrong thing (Sam's romance which has nothing to do with 20 mins. of an episode as opposed to the real interesting story that had to do with stargate - daniel and sarah; and the end of that episode was horrible). Double Jeopardy was disconnected and the O'Neill's have had better banter before. However, I liked Paradise Lost (very cinematically well done and not at all boring in my opinion), New Ground was a little corny but at least its momentum escalated into a proper climax, and A Hundred Days is one of my favorite episodes next to Descent and Window of Opportunity (which is a perfect example of how TO DO a funny episode, mr. Space Race writer if you indeed ever see this).

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alcatraz
                          Right now I would have to say Avatar. Once was not so bad, but they kept playing it.
                          Yeah. Pointless tribute to the Matrix.

Comment

seems all the rubbish ones have been mentioned

we are all stargate fans but we have to admit some of the above were just terrible
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

SG1 - Avatar

SGA - Sanctuary

Both just dreadful - IMO.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X