Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fringe Spec Episode ( Fan-Written)

Hey All,

I've been working on a Fringe spec, and I thought this would be a great place to get some informed opinions. If you're experiencing Fringe withdrawal, or just like helping strangers, give it a gander.

If you do peruse, some food for thought:

1. Is it faithful to the mood and tone of the show?
    2. Do the voices of the characters ring true?
    3. Is there anything you would change?

Feel free to eviscerate. Thanks so much, and have a wonderful day.

Click here to download: https://planets.egnyte.com/h-s/20120...186528b0d34f2c

Jeff

The link jumps straight to a dl file.

People here are very wary of opening unknown material and a couple have had their security go on alert,so you might attract more interest and readers if you join a fic site,upload the story there,then post a link to the first chapter here ?

( Check out sites like Fanfiction.net and other multi-Fandom places.)
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

@Bagpuss,

I appreciate the suggestion, and I'm sorry if my post caused anyone any alarm (alliteration). I have tried, in the past to use a fan-fiction site to host some of my work, however they tend to destroy the formatting. Because it's a teleplay, formatting is crucial. I'll look around and see if there's another solution. If anyone knows a more accepted/reputable way to share a pdf, I'm all ears. Thanks again Bagpuss. I really do appreciate it.

Jeff

@the universe

But the truth is that there is nothing malicious about the link I posted. It contains a pdf of my spec and that is all. I'd also like to point out to anyone who is interested, but concerned for their computer's safety, that it took a few days for my post to show up on this board. I take that to mean that one of the moderators was kind enough as to ascertain the safety of my link.

If you do see your virus protection flair up, it is simply because you are downloading from an unknown source. It's the same thing that pops up when you download anything, for that matter.

Either way, I do understand if you are nervous about your computer, and you have every right to be. Ultimately, it is a matter of trust, I suppose. I trust me, if that counts.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Onelastcall386 View Post
        @Bagpuss,

I appreciate the suggestion, and I'm sorry if my post caused anyone any alarm (alliteration). I have tried, in the past to use a fan-fiction site to host some of my work, however they tend to destroy the formatting. Because it's a teleplay, formatting is crucial. I'll look around and see if there's another solution. If anyone knows a more accepted/reputable way to share a pdf, I'm all ears. Thanks again Bagpuss. I really do appreciate it.

Jeff
        Y'welcome,Jeff !
        Hopefully,other Members can rec some appropriate places.
        Good luck finding a host,whatever you decide.

Originally posted by @the universe

[B
        But the truth is that there is nothing malicious about the link I posted. It contains a pdf of my spec and that is all.[/B] I'd also like to point out to anyone who is interested, but concerned for their computer's safety, that it took a few days for my post to show up on this board. I take that to mean that one of the moderators was kind enough as to ascertain the safety of my link.

If you do see your virus protection flair up, it is simply because you are downloading from an unknown source. It's the same thing that pops up when you download anything, for that matter.

Either way, I do understand if you are nervous about your computer, and you have every right to be. Ultimately, it is a matter of trust, I suppose. I trust me, if that counts.

Jeff
        Replying to the piece I bolded..
        The original thread you posted on the 22 June was fine as is this new one dated/cleared on the 25th ( I'm going by GMT timelines here) ,but the original link didn't work for me and any of the other Mods who tested it.
        That's why I sent you an Admin Pm on the 22nd , asking you to try posting again with a fresh link.

If we'd seriously thought there was a risk in your pdf, this thread/posts wouldn't have been cleared either,so rest assured the Mods don't think you're trying to scam anyone.

(If the people who private messaged me the other day want to take another look ,please read what Jeff's said first ,and check your firewalls again.)
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
        X