Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate Atlantis Video game.. Who would play it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis Video game.. Who would play it.

Hello,

I have been doing some thinking and I am curious, I know personally I have always wanted a Stargate video game. I have been disappointed several times now, and waited years. In that time our favorite shows have ended, some went out finished, and some like universe were cut sort making us wonder. So my question to you is who here would support a Stargate: Atlantis video game that picked up where season 5 left off. Since MGM has deconstructed the sets, it would be very costly to restart the series, however a video game I personally think, can give us the opportunity to see what happens next, as well as play and explore some of our favorite spots. So what is everyone's thoughts about this?

I would!!! I've been disappointed many times as well of all the game cancels. I played Stargate Resistance for a while, it wasn't too bad, I believe there just wasn't enough fan support. I was extremely excited for Stargate Worlds, oh well.

I've got 2 games with Stargate Mods, both of them are Real-Time Strategy games. I believe it woiuld be easy to get support for those games. I love Stargate space battles!!

A first-person shooter for Stargate Atlantis could be fun too! I'd play!
    *Crosses Fingers*

Comment

Depends on what sort of game. Xbox or computer disc would be great. I'm not much into RPGs--if fact, I've never played one as they seem so complicated. I wouldn't mind if it was to encompass all the shows, not just Atlantis, either.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I never did get a chance to play Stargate: Resistance. For an Atlantis video game, the only type that would make sense would be an FPS.

On a side note are there any 3D modelers, texture artists, concept artists, or any other game related talented people here. If so please send me a PM. I can not give any details at this time, however I would like to talk to you.

Comment

http://games.ceruleanentertainment.c...3117651b3bfc1b

Comment

Id prefer something that makes us think, not just "shoot, shoot, bang, bang, XP, XP" Explore the city, solve DIFFICULT puzzles, decipher ancient text, use tech etc.

Comment

I agree, and I think this can all be accomplished in an FPS format. Today in my opinion, that is how most games are, shoot everyone, hold mouse button down for a few moments to "hack" something, then shoot people again. Most games are devoid of a story and exploration. Stargate Atlantis gives us a perfect opportunity to be different and to create something not on the market today I think.

I highly recommend everyone head to the link provided above and register on our forum, take the time to post in the "wishlist" section for us.

Comment

I would love a Stargate Video Game. I agree that one that is a little more involved that a shoot-em-up type game would be fantastic.

Comment

It depends on the genre. If it was a straight forward first or third person shooter, such as "COD" then no. There are already too many of those and they're all very similar. If it was a free roamer with tasks and quests, like "Elder Scrolls", then I might be tempted.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd buy any game that involved Stargate. Though I'm not so into RPG's, FPS would be great but it must involve more than just shooting people/gould.

Some of the TV Shows that have gotten video games ahead of Stargate is a joke! LOST, CSI and X-Files all got games... which all were crap, but still good for fans. There has been many other shows that have gotten games based on them that did not deserve them.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                      must involve more than just shooting people/gould.
                      Same with the Wraith: I would rather see an alliance with Todd and his Wraith ships helping the team with their quests or battles.

Comment

That is a good point WraithTech and I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Cerulean Entertainment View Post
                          On a side note are there any 3D modelers, texture artists, concept artists, or any other game related talented people here. If so please send me a PM. I can not give any details at this time, however I would like to talk to you.
                          This sounds suspisiously interesting
                          sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

I would love to see an SG game, maybe a combined FP/RPG that has shooting as well as exploration and puzzles. I think SG1 is more suited to an RPG with FPS as a link mode it could also have ship battles.(SG1 to me are more explorers that fight, there are so many episodes based on technology and artifact searches). SGA in my opinion is more suited to a FPS linked with RPG, they seem to get into it in most episodes, Thoughts? I never liked SGU I wouldn't buy an SGU game or action figure.

The ability to play different races like in the star trek (new worlds or star fleet academy)games would be an interesting twist
                            Last edited by Stubba2; 03 July 2012, 05:29 AM.
                            sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

I think the Stargate franchise would be a good setting for an action RPG along the lines of Mass Effect or something like that.

There's plenty of action, but there could also be puzzles and plenty of interaction to develop relationships with team members.

Comment

Working...
                              X