Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones/ASoIaF Quickfire questions. (spoilers in tags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if it's suppose to be family money why would his farther give it to it him if he hates him so much?

Comment

As both Tyrion and even Tywin have said, he's a Lannister.

Really all the explanation that needs be said.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        As both Tyrion and even Tywin have said, he's a Lannister.

Really all the explanation that needs be said.
        so his father gives him money to spare the family the embarrassment of one of their number being seen doing poor people stuff?

Comment

Alton Lannister

Comment

if they are all that rich there's something a bit off about Alton Lannister, he came of as far to humble to be someone who could buy almost anything on a whim?

Comment

Not every Lannister has blonde hair. That and Alton Lannister isn't with the main branch of the Lannister family--the ones from Casterly Rock. Alton Lannister is supposed to be from from the ones at Lannisport. Reginald Lannister, another Lannister from Lannisport, appeared in The Ghost of Harrenhal and has brown hair.
              sigpic

Comment

how does a family end up with more then one branch if only the eldest son inherits?

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                  how does a family end up with more then one branch if only the eldest son inherits?
                  The Lannisters and Starks follow the same rules of inheritance. Excess sons (usually) marry to other noble houses, or rather their wives join the Stark house. Not sure what you mean about the Lannisters having many branches or the Starks only one. The Starks have relatives in the other houses. Heck, the Karstarks are a separate noble house descended (originally) from the Starks.
                  Last edited by Brother Freyr; 30 May 2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

I don't know...Why doesn't Renly have red hair?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                      so his father gives him money to spare the family the embarrassment of one of their number being seen doing poor people stuff?
                      Yep. That is exactly why.

Comment

Perhaps it is done so you have another thing to question? GRRM is devious in that way...

I mean look at him...Can't you tell he's out to get you?

George.jpg
                        sigpic

Comment

Perhaps it is done so you have another thing to question? GRRM is devious in that way...

I mean look at him...Can't you tell he's out to get you?
                          I knew GRRM was fond of seafood but with that equipment, it looks like he's about to subdue and devour a lobster.

*getting hungry* I've had lobster once in the past 10 years. When I have the opportunity, I need to change this.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                            I knew GRRM was fond of seafood but with that equipment, it looks like he's about to subdue and devour a lobster.

*getting hungry* I've had lobster once in the past 10 years. When I have the opportunity, I need to change this.
                            He's actually eating the questions of slim. They sustain him.

(lobster is good...haven't had it in a great while though)
                            sigpic

Comment

He's actually eating the questions of slim. They sustain him.

(lobster is good...haven't had it in a great while though)
                              I think GRRM would enjoy feasting on the questions.

(I am very fond of seafood, especially shrimp or clam chowder. I'd have lobster more often but the damn thing's just too expensive)
                              sigpic

Comment

Crab, clams, oysters (ever had an oyster shooter?) clam chowder, lobster, sushi (eel is DELICIOUS), octopus and squid...Pretty much anything seafood related, I love it.

And now that this thread has been derailed...I want fish
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X