Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones/ASoIaF Quickfire questions. (spoilers in tags)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A place to ask all the little questions we may have so as not to clog up the entire folder with unnecessary threads for each one.

Same spoiler rules apply. Book stuff beyond what we have seen in the show in tags please.
    sigpic

Comment

Great idea Ukko.
      The first few pages may be a bit cluttered, but from here on out it should get easier.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Great idea Ukko.
        The first few pages may be a bit cluttered, but from here on out it should get easier.
        Thank you.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't see why it would be any harder then masturbating?

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...1#post13394392
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
              Ah slimjim, always asking the most tasteful questions.

Comment

Adult-related shows with adult-rateable themes/arcs aren't always condusive to being and remaining GW-friendly ,so any discussion of the latest question posted by slimjim needs to be kept as PG as possible.

I don't think this thread needs to turn into a remake of the Help-yourself-to-please-yourself books available in some stores.
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by slimjim View Post
                  I can understand it the other way around, strait people are conditioned by society to find the idea of sleeping with a member of there own sex revolting (as oppose to just uninteresting). Gay people have should have no such mental constraints

Comment

Don't make presumptions about GLBT people or throw in oft-disproven stereotypes,Jim.

That inevitably leads to derailments because of the offence taken by others.

Keep it to the Characters,and you'll stay within the rules.

Comment

...When the hell did the topic turn to masturbation?
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah slimjim, I almost greened you for making me laugh out loud. Almost.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                          ...When the hell did the topic turn to masturbation?
                          ]
                          I was trying to start a debate about sexuality and psychology, not masturbation

Comment

In Game of Thrones? Why?
                            sigpic

Comment

See my post about derailment.

Take it to pm/e-mail with each other or use your Ignore Lists ,guys, if you're going to have a tiff.

Comment

We have no way of knowing that Renley 'never' slept with Margery. he probably did, but I think the issue was that he didn't do it often enough. Her goal was to conceive the heir, and despite what they put in soap operas and romance novels, it doesn't always work the first time. the timing quite literally has to be just right - most females only have a 1-3 day window each month when they have the potential to conceive, so the act must be done in that window and a bunch of other things have to go right too.

yes, it can only take once, but it can also take many times. With some couples never able to conceive either due to an issue with her or him or sometimes a simple incompatibility between them - some eggs and sperm just refuse to fertilize.

For all we know, Margery wasn't fertile, or maybe he wasn't.

As I got from the scene, her issue wasn't 'you never sleep with me' it was 'we need to get pregnant and we need to keep at it until we do, whether you like it or not'

In the day and age of arranged marriage it was quite common for the husband and wife to only copulate to get her pregnant, and once she was pregnant, he'd happily go off to the mistress and leave her be, usually until the appropriate amount of time after the birth when they'd again try to make an heir. And it was also quite normal for them to only keep having children until they had the minimum 'heir and a spare'....have two sons and you can stop, keep having girls and they keep trying.

Renley obviously enjoyed himself more with his boyfriends and Margery was trying to remind him of his duty ' I know I don't appeal but man up and get the job done for the good of the kingdom'
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X