No announcement yet.

The Price of Greatness (209)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Mrja84......Pope as a culinary artist goes unquestioned. He can work in my kitchen anytime....this does not mean I think he keeps a thesaurus in his back pocket. A person can be street smart, but that is not necessarily synonymous with academics. There have been times when he has been so cocky, that his intelligence to me was more mud like than well fertilized soil. He spoke of taking Tom off his pedestal. Question, to be replaced by whom...himself? No arrogance there!!

"What show have you been watching? Do recall, when we first met Pope he was enjoying having a talk with Tom since his gang (before they got killed) didn't really have anyone he could talk with on the level of an educated man like Tom Mason"

Even an ugly duckling looks cute if it is traveling around with a gaggle of trolls and wort hogs!

@Commander Zelix.....Not doubting you, but I don't recall hearing that Manchester was elected President by the people of New Charleston. I remember him telling Tom that he needed his vote, but I thought that was on issues. Did that really happen, or is it to be assumed? Some have mentioned that perhaps others higher up than Manchester are the real decision makers, if that is the case then Manchester is more like a Mayor than an ultimate power.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

It will be interesting to see how Tector and the rest of the 2nd Mass will interact with each other, as he just shot/killed one of there own.

But if a underground shopping Mall went undetected one got to wonder if there are other military underground complexes that went undetected or if underground train systems in New York and London are intact. Could make for an interesting story or two.
      Tector easily could have killed the big guy. He chose to wound him. No way a sharpshooter, even with a pistol, misses at that range. He even shot him in a place where it wouldn't inhibit him moving around too much.

It was either Tector wound him or one of the other soldiers shoot to kill.
      sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode, the twist with Charleston's leadership was expected (for me anyway. ) and I was very happy to see General Bressler side with the Second Mass. I loved the scene when Di and Hal were breaking the de harnessed kid and Margret out of jail. I can't wait to see what happens next. Too bad we have to wait so long for next season But at least we will be getting a next season.
        sigpic
        God Bless America

Comment

I wonder who de harness the kid, with porter and his team mostly wiped out and we know the 2nd Mass did not do it.

Are the rebels skitters doing it and if they are why, what advantage does a de harnessed kid have over a harness one, resistance to the overlord mind control.

Comment

I wonder who de harness the kid, with porter and his team mostly wiped out and we know the 2nd Mass did not do it.

Are the rebels skitters doing it and if they are why, what advantage does a de harnessed kid have over a harness one, resistance to the overlord mind control.
            I would think other groups of people are de-harnessing them, though you could be right about it being the Rebel Skitters.

If the Rebel Skitters are doing it, it isn't because de-harnessed kids are resistant to overlord mind control. The overlord the 2nd mass captured was able to control Ben even though he was de-harnessed.
            Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
              I would think other groups of people are de-harnessing them, though you could be right about it being the Rebel Skitters.

If the Rebel Skitters are doing it, it isn't because de-harnessed kids are resistant to overlord mind control. The overlord the 2nd mass captured was able to control Ben even though he was de-harnessed.
              Okay not resistance but I would be surprise cutting off most of the harness does have some effect that we have not seen yet.

Comment

Maybe without the harness on it makes the kids harder to manipulate. The overlord had to get in the same room with Ben to take control of him whereas if Ben still had the harness on maybe the OL could have made a connection from much farther away. And we've seen from season one that the harnessed kids don't really have a mind of their own, they walked around like zombies.
                sigpic
                God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Ranger View Post
                  Maybe without the harness on it makes the kids harder to manipulate. The overlord had to get in the same room with Ben to take control of him whereas if Ben still had the harness on maybe the OL could have made a connection from much farther away. And we've seen from season one that the harnessed kids don't really have a mind of their own, they walked around like zombies.
                  ^ Agreed.
                  Can't wait for next week's episode
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
                    @ Mrja84......Pope as a culinary artist goes unquestioned. He can work in my kitchen anytime....this does not mean I think he keeps a thesaurus in his back pocket. A person can be street smart, but that is not necessarily synonymous with academics. There have been times when he has been so cocky, that his intelligence to me was more mud like than well fertilized soil. He spoke of taking Tom off his pedestal. Question, to be replaced by whom...himself? No arrogance there!!

"What show have you been watching? Do recall, when we first met Pope he was enjoying having a talk with Tom since his gang (before they got killed) didn't really have anyone he could talk with on the level of an educated man like Tom Mason"

Even an ugly duckling looks cute if it is traveling around with a gaggle of trolls and wort hogs!
                    Very good point, he may be more street smart. But I still hold on to the idea that he is college educated and just took the end of the world attack as a good enough reason to let loose.

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
                    @Commander Zelix.....Not doubting you, but I don't recall hearing that Manchester was elected President by the people of New Charleston. I remember him telling Tom that he needed his vote, but I thought that was on issues. Did that really happen, or is it to be assumed? Some have mentioned that perhaps others higher up than Manchester are the real decision makers, if that is the case then Manchester is more like a Mayor than an ultimate power.
                    Manchester was the top leader. Civilian leader over the military. His title was Majority Leader as he said President was too presumptuous. And they hadn't had a fully formed government yet. They/he was trying to still build a government before trying to attack the aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                      When did Pope have a vendetta against Tom? Did it become personal when Tom beat the snot out of him?
                      Pope disliked Tom from the beginning, but he seriously distrusted Tom when Tom returned from the overlord. Then Tom "beat the snot out of" Pope; that probably didn't improve Pope's feelings toward Tom.

A de-harnessed kid with remaining spikes can still be controlled, at least at short-distance, by a skitter. We saw that with Ben and Red-Eye. If de-harnessing a kid limits the overlords' ability to read the kid's thoughts, as someone here suggested, then de-harnessing but leaving spikes looks like a smart practice for the rebel skitters.

I'm glad Maggie finally got smart re: Hal. (Good speech, Hal.)

A stronger episode than the previous two. Okay, enough of delaying the finale... I'm going to watch 2x10 now!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post

Manchester was the top leader. Civilian leader over the military. His title was Majority Leader as he said President was too presumptuous. And they hadn't had a fully formed government yet. They/he was trying to still build a government before trying to attack the aliens.
                        Thank you...I must have been breaking up at cat fight at the time.....
                        sigpic

Comment

This seasons been building up to a massive finale and this episode sure helped!
                          Really annoyed I cant see it till atleast next Saturday!
                          From previews of the last episode, its going to be awesome, and the last 5 minutes will bring something new...
                          This next season wait is going to be long!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            From previews of the last episode, its going to be awesome, and the last 5 minutes will bring something new...
                            I wished the previews didn't do that. I missed the previews on purpose so I was quite shocked at that. But I feel like most people were waiting through the whole episode for it instead of wondering about the battle.

Comment

So...

1. We are now safe from the aliens...just have to deal with humanity now...

2. Can't say I'm fully comfortable with martial law or a prolonged internal conflict.

3. Having said that, Manchester is an idiot.

4. And I'm annoyed at the attitude of some of the Charlston peeps towards the 2nd Mass.

Very interesting mess we have.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I'm thinking some of that hate to the 2nd mass is cause of how well they have done out there on their own..

Comment

Working...
                                X