• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death March (208)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON TWO
    DEATH MARCH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 208
    The 2nd Mass comes across a girl with a damaged harness on their final push to Charleston, and are targetted by her Skitter-converted brother. Maggie, Hal, and Pope break down in the dark, and Weaver confronts Tector about his past.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 May 2013, 08:56 PM.

Wow, first one. That's new. Great episode. Despite what I heard online. I liked Jenny's story and I hope to see her again.

I liked the character building of Weaver and Tector.

I thought, Maggie's "revelation" wasn't a huge deal. And Hal's reaction is not what I expected, he seemed a bit cold.

There's nothing to react to, it doesn't change the situation or their relationship at all.

Comment

We had to figure that Maggie was no saint. Perhaps because I am a survivor of the 60's I didn't find her confession of her past that startling. She was at a low point in her life, and maybe didn't think she would live much longer anyway, but she picked herself up and got on with it. I would look at her for who she is now...the past is just that, the past. She is a good fighter and has proven herself to the unit. She is an asset. Maybe she is not the girl for Hal, but that problem would exist if the aliens had never arrived.

I found Jenny's story to be very important to future episodes and I suspect we will be seeing more of her.

I thought Pope was very wise in that episode. He knew this story would come out sooner or later and he is savvy as to how different Hal and Maggie are. I also believed him when he said he would not be the one to tell Hal her story. He might not be a white knight in shining armor, but he does bring some wisdom from life experience to the table.

Note: Maggie has a son? This could open another door....
      sigpic

Comment

was anyone actually surprised by Maggie's secret?
        sigpic

Comment

Lady Midnight, you describe yourself as a survivor of the 60s? Not to ply, but why?

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
          I thought Pope was very wise in that episode. He knew this story would come out sooner or later and he is savvy as to how different Hal and Maggie are. I also believed him when he said he would not be the one to tell Hal her story. He might not be a white knight in shining armor, but he does bring some wisdom from life experience to the table.
          Are they that different? What anyone did in the previous life before the aliens should have little impact on their relationships now. Unless they killed someone's pa...

Yeah, Hal may not have been a situation where he hurt someone, committed crimes, or anything. But is that a reason for them not to be together? No chemistry and no love, those are things to throw as red flags. But really, having a history of drug abuse, criminal behavior, and losing a son are reasons for Hal to have doubts?

What I am surprise about is how Pope was talking to Maggie about life before the 2nd Mass. Were those two a couple? Or had some sexual relation? Pope's closeness with her and mannerisms give me more pause about their relationship, then anything Maggie revealed.
          Last edited by Mrja84; 06 August 2012, 10:09 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
            Lady Midnight, you describe yourself as a survivor of the 60s? Not to ply, but why?

The above (?) was answered under PM for obvious reasons.

Are they that different? What anyone did in the previous life before the aliens should have little impact on their relationships now. Unless they killed someone's pa...

One never know's how another is going to react to a persons past under any conditions. It is what makes us unique as the human animal. Second guessing another can at times be the height of arrogance.

Yeah, Hal may not have been a situation where he hurt someone, committed crimes, or anything. But is that a reason for them not to be together? No chemistry and no love, those are things to throw as red flags. But really, having a history of drug abuse, criminal behavior, and losing a son are reasons for Hal to have doubts?

Perhaps Hal doesn't so much as have doubts but maybe he needs time to digest it. Also, ask yourself this....if they were not in the middle of a war and you were Hal's mother, would you embrace Maggie if he brought her home to dinner?

What I am surprise about is how Pope was talking to Maggie about life before the 2nd Mass. Were those two a couple? Or had some sexual relation? Pope's closeness with her and mannerisms give me more pause about their relationship, then anything Maggie revealed.
            I suspect that every man in Maggie's group before she linked up with the 2nd mass got to know her, regardless if she was interested or not. What I think Pope might know about her is what is known as pillow talk. Considering what she had to choose from...Pope might have looked like a catch.
            sigpic

Comment

I think there's more to it than pillow talk, he was either her dealer, or the babies Father (likely her dealer/supplier and when she was busted, she took him down with her).

They were both ex-cons, presumably in prison when Fish & Co arrived, so it's not hard to see the connection especially considering as far as we know, they were not in the same prison.

Comment

I thought, Maggie's "revelation" wasn't a huge deal. And Hal's reaction is not what I expected, he seemed a bit cold.

There's nothing to react to, it doesn't change the situation or their relationship at all.
                I agree Maggie's revelation wasn't too huge of a deal...we all could tell she had some baggage and even more so after Pope talk to her. But for the character to come out clean and share something she didn't want to...nice character twist as I was expecting her not to tell Hal so soon and for it to get dragged out a few episodes or possibly into next season. I'm really glad it wasn't. I am glad she took Pope's advice and told Hal.

As for Hal's reaction...it was something that I would have expected. He's still a teen, he likes her a lot, has probably led a bit of a shelter life until the Aliens came and now someone he really cares about he finds out is far from perfect...it's a lot for a young man to digest - it may take him some time to learn to deal with it and realize that it doesn't really matter as she is older and wiser now.

I was surprised though that she had a kid...I guess not knowing what kind of cancer treatment she went through, what I have seen a lot with other cancer survivors, both men and women, is that it usually takes a few years after treatments to be able to get pregnant and it's not always that easy...
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Your last paragraph is probably a plot hole we'll have to live with, after all we don't really know how old she is, she could easily be 35 and still look 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
                    We had to figure that Maggie was no saint. Perhaps because I am a survivor of the 60's I didn't find her confession of her past that startling. She was at a low point in her life, and maybe didn't think she would live much longer anyway, but she picked herself up and got on with it. I would look at her for who she is now...the past is just that, the past. She is a good fighter and has proven herself to the unit. She is an asset. Maybe she is not the girl for Hal, but that problem would exist if the aliens had never arrived.

I found Jenny's story to be very important to future episodes and I suspect we will be seeing more of her.

Note: Maggie has a son? This could open another door....
                    I liked Pope in this episode, too. Very interesting about the Tennesse ship in your sig- I didn't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      I agree Maggie's revelation wasn't too huge of a deal...we all could tell she had some baggage and even more so after Pope talk to her. But for the character to come out clean and share something she didn't want to...nice character twist as I was expecting her not to tell Hal so soon and for it to get dragged out a few episodes or possibly into next season. I'm really glad it wasn't. I am glad she took Pope's advice and told Hal.

As for Hal's reaction...it was something that I would have expected. He's still a teen, he likes her a lot, has probably led a bit of a shelter life until the Aliens came and now someone he really cares about he finds out is far from perfect...it's a lot for a young man to digest - it may take him some time to learn to deal with it and realize that it doesn't really matter as she is older and wiser now.

I was surprised though that she had a kid...I guess not knowing what kind of cancer treatment she went through, what I have seen a lot with other cancer survivors, both men and women, is that it usually takes a few years after treatments to be able to get pregnant and it's not always that easy...
                      I was a bit suprised at Hals reaction at first- but your explanation makes a lot of sense. I guess her revalation didn't suprise me as we all knew she had a past.
                      In RL I actually know a woman, now about 35 who was diagnosed with Lymphoma at age 21 and went through chemo, was cured or went into remission, and now has 3 daughters!! She was told she would likely never have children after(they even considered freezing her eggs but didn't) but she has 3 daughters born in the last 5 years a singleton and a pair of twins!

Comment

What does everyone think about Charleston? Next weeks episode looks good.
                        I still don't trust that it's the safe haven they were hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                          I don't know about next week's episode, I turn off the TV as soon as the credits roll.

I like the thought of them using an existing city's name to hopefully throw off the aliens. But I hope (and kinda expect) that the 2nd Mass will have to go through a rigorous de-briefing to determine if any of them are security risks.

Especially Tom Mason and his kids. I think they are the most likely to get place din holding or told to go somewhere else.

On another note, how is Tom's "legend" spreading? Very few people left the 2nd Mass after Tom arrived. However, it could be the story of him going into an alien ship. That could be the story that's spreading around.

I like this development. Tom seems to becoming a revolutionary symbol for the human resistance. And Ben for the skitter resistance. Much like during the American Revolution, there were a lot of legends flying around at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                            I too am suspicious....but that's just my nature. I figure there will be problems/troubles as the show as been renewed and they gotta set us up for something major to fret over till next season....

Happy to hear about your friend....she is a lucky/blessed girl on a number of points.
                            sigpic

Comment

I like the thought of them using an existing city's name to hopefully throw off the aliens. But I hope (and kinda expect) that the 2nd Mass will have to go through a rigorous de-briefing to determine if any of them are security risks.

Agreed...the 2nd Mass is a collection of people not trained for this sort of thing. Charleston looks organized with a large military population. Rigorous debriefing will be the norm and that is going to upset many, as civilians are not used to that.

On another note, how is Tom's "legend" spreading? Very few people left the 2nd Mass after Tom arrived. However, it could be the story of him going into an alien ship. That could be the story that's spreading around.

I think is does have to do with Tom being on the ship, and that I see as Tom on the hot seat. He is going to be asked questions he really can't answer and I suspect that some, not knowing him as a person, will think he is not being honest. He has a son that was harnessed and now has gone off to connect with other harnessed kids. They might question as to what side Tom is really aligning himself with. After all, what is Tom first.....a History/Soldier or a parent?
                              I see lots of interesting doors opening....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X