No announcement yet.

Homecoming (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I got myself tangled up here. I have been posting in wrong episode, must pay more attention to road map or I will never make it to Charleston...I transferred major post over:

Earlier in the series there was talk on how the Skitters reproduced. I am beginning to wonder if they can. What transpired between Ben and Karen looked a little like a mating dance to me. Perhaps the reason the OL's are here is because the Skitters are reaching the end of their line. Could they be getting old and either can no longer breed or maybe they never could. This might explain why the OL's desire the young of our species. Possibly not all of us make good candidates. Might be something special about a Ben and Karen union.

With the above in mind, I would have to say that Karen is not bad/evil. She is what they would have her to be. A useful source for purposes we can only guess at. The history flowing through this never ceases to amaze me. Brother against brother? Lets see...the Civil War or Cain and Abel?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
      Would the length of time she had been harnessed have anything to do with it? Or maybe the aliens did something different with her to use her for this purpose.

I have a feeling we may see Tom facing a difficult decision.
      It might be too that Karen was working directly with the tall aliens and might have had a stronger influence by them. Ben was a worker kid, and being watched by skitters so I am wondering if that kind of connection may be the difference.

Yeah, I suspect that they will have to bring Tom and Ben to conflict sometime...should be a powerful episode when it happens!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

This is an anything can happen show but I still think there is a birth on the horizon...
        sigpic

Comment

Earlier in the series there was talk on how the Skitters reproduced. I am beginning to wonder if they can. What transpired between Ben and Karen looked a little like a mating dance to me. Perhaps the reason the OL's are here is because the Skitters are reaching the end of their line. Could they be getting old and either can no longer breed or maybe they never could. This might explain why the OL's desire the young of our species. Possibly not all of us make good candidates. Might be something special about a Ben and Karen union.
          That would be interesting. But Red eye did say that they had been 'used' for hundreds of years, do you think the drug in the harness prevent them from aging? And they might keep the numbers up just by grabbing and transforming more kids.
          sigpic
          God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Ranger View Post
            That would be interesting. But Red eye did say that they had been 'used' for hundreds of years, do you think the drug in the harness prevent them from aging? And they might keep the numbers up just by grabbing and transforming more kids.
            That could just mean his species were enslaved for a long time, not that he's actually lived through it. Although, it is possible they use stasis pods for space travel and are not active physically when traveling in space.

But that's assuming his claims of enslavement are true. It is still interesting that we haven't seen big mother ships as their headquarters. They use ground troops most often and have bases on the ground. The ships we have seen are small.

I wonder if the "mothership" was there at the start of the war to coordinate, and then left them there to handle the enslavement\destruction of any human forces once the man attack was over...

Comment

I believe there only one mother ship in orbit the rest have left. If they can knock that out they will only have the skitter ground troops and towers to deal with, at least until those forces can called up reinforcements. I am sure between tom and red eye they can or already have come up with a plan.
              Last edited by knowles2; 20 July 2012, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Hmmmm...

1. It gradually became more and more obvious that Karen was dodgy.

2. Touch and go with Weaver but Tom made some good command decisions.

3. Yep, Skitter rebellion confirmed.

4. What the hell are they going to do about Ben?

Getting tasty...
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                  Hmmmm...

1. It gradually became more and more obvious that Karen was dodgy.

2. Touch and go with Weaver but Tom made some good command decisions.

3. Yep, Skitter rebellion confirmed.

4. What the hell are they going to do about Ben?

Getting tasty...
                  Just you wait....mmmm...mmmm.

I really haven't been this excited for a show since SGU.

Comment

Really enjoying this season.
                    Kinda fell off watching season 1 and had to catch up but this season has me gripped!
                    Lots of interesting twists and turns revealed and Im really looking forward to the rest of this season.
                    Thought Karen was dodgy, her placement was too convenient and Im really glad Popes back!
                    Really excited to see how the rest of this season pans out and what answers/twists we get!

Looks like a really good episode next week
                    Spoiler:
                    Captured fish head, replicator like bugs...

Comment

Working...
                    X