Young Bloods (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I was mad at her...She's all he has left, the thought of finding her practically the only reason he didn't kill himself last season, and she runs off...

I think you got to understand that for the last year or so her whole family was just those kids, she help bath, clean and look after them, it understandable that she decided not to abandon them, especially as one of them is her boyfriend as well. She probably been thinking she the only one of her family alive as well.

The letter explained it in a way that Weaver can accept as well, more commander to commander rather than daughter to father, she has her troops to take care, he has his. I would actually like to see them meet up in the future but in a less daddy/daughter relationship and more commander to commander at least in public.

Also has he made it clear, he has no intention of staying on the side lines, he intend to get to Charlson and then head straight back into the fight, with more supplies, more troops and a bigger better battle plan, I am sure in a way he relieve that he will not have to worry/keep an eye on her at the same time as organising and fighting a war.

If those kids get wiped out I won't shed a tear. Despite what they think, they are safer with the Second Mass. The fact they got ambushed TWICE should be reason enough to show that to them...

They manage virtually all of the war without the second Mass, I am sure they will be fine on their own. Through I would love to have heard where they were planning to go next.

Through I do fear that the Second Mass seem to be attracting trouble where ever they go, and I do wonder whether that a reputation that is travelling ahead of them and will cause trouble sooner or later.
    Last edited by knowles2; 03 July 2012, 08:41 AM.

Comment

From Number Six
      "Same here. It was sort of over and done with quickly, so if there's not going to be some consequences further on, why have it happen? Just to have him lying down while his daughter takes off? Possible but not necessary."

I wondered about the same thing. I truly don't think it was filler. Since we do not know the consequences of what can happen to fully developed members of our species when we come into contact with a harness, I suspect that was a door opener.

From Ramses 818
      "I agree the harnesses look like go'ulds in the tank. I think that it was pretty stupid of them to not take of the harness back alive. What better way of learning how to properly remove them than to be able to examine a live one."

I concur. In fact my little old lady gray matter was thinking that the reason Weaver was attacked in the first place was for a jumping off point to do just that. Okay so what would they have put a live one in to transport it, I don't know, but TPTB could have had them bring something with them for another reason that might have been useful.

From Knowles 2
      "Does anyone else find it a bit strange that these kids manage to survive around a skitter conversion factory and not get taken sooner."

Yes I do!! Now either someone is napping at the controls, or that is a opener for a major development . Remember the lady they ran into who was shall we say, being taken care of by them? And then there was the father that was handing over children with the notion that he was protecting his own child. Now granted they were adults with a personal agenda but, who is to say all of those children are really what you would think of as kids? I was carded to purchase a 6 pack of beer until I was well into my 30's. I am not bragging as that is a lot of people...so just maybe there is a ringer in the group.

"I think the most powerful image may of been seeing Matt covered in skitter blood and liking it. I enjoy the surreal sequence at the beginning, in fact I thought it would turn out to be a dream sequence."

This for me was a total mind blower and it happen so fast that I couldn't wrap my brain around it at all. Nice slap in the face that was as refreshing as climbing into my freezer...I'm awake!!! Of course Matt thought this was great fun and gee lets do it again. One can only hope that the Mattster had a nice taste of reality being strapped to a table at the hands of the enemy. Want to do that again?

From Gen. Chris
      "I was mad at her...She's all he has left, the thought of finding her practically the only reason he didn't kill himself last season, and she runs off..."

That was disturbing but I expected it. Daddy has been absent for a spell and her mother and sister are dead. She has issues and there isn't a shrink in town. This has been going on for months now and she has had to come to terms with her situation and bond with those around her. God only knows what she has seen and after awhile you put yourself on auto-pilot just just to survive. She does love her father and I think that has to be established first...there will be more.

"If those kids get wiped out I won't shed a tear. Despite what they think, they are safer with the Second Mass. The fact they got ambushed TWICE should be reason enough to show that to them..."

Of course they are. You and I are adults and with age hopefully comes wisdom. They are not there yet, hence we call them kids/children. Some times you have to throw-up a few dozen times to to learn your alcohol limit...if indeed you should partake at all. Pope is a good example here. He is an adult who has most likely seen and done it all. He is street smart and very clever, but perhaps not so wise...as he thinks. He did not join the group with a heartfelt willingness. He was somewhat coerced/compelled to remain. He knew it was the better move, but he does have more life experience than the band of young adults who might be somewhat reminiscent of the brood of boys in "Lord of the Flies". These kids need to get shocked more then a few times before they realize that sticking the butter knife in the outlet is a bad idea.

From the fifth man
      "As for Weaver, I feel really bad for him. Finding his daughter like he did, only to have her leave in the end. I really hope he gets another chance with her at some point. He deserves that IMO. As for the harness bite, I do not see things going well at all."

I am sure that she will as I see this as previews of coming attractions. She needed to leave to either learn some truths about herself or those around her. It might be important that she return of her own free will. Also I suspect that something very bad might be going on with her father because of the injury he suffered.
      Last edited by Lady Midnight; 03 July 2012, 11:32 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm...

1. Is it me or might Diego be dodgy?

2. Matt's issues...meh...

3. Ben's issues...uh oh...

4. Weaver...hmmm...too early too tell I guess.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Pretty good episode, got my suspicions about Diego and Weavers bite...
          Enjoying seeing more of Ryan Robbins.
          Interested to see where all these story threads are leading...

Comment

Working...
          X