• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compass (203)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON TWO
    COMPASS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203
    After Pope's Beserkers try to force Tom to leave the 2nd Mass, he joins their ranks to keep an eye on them. Ben and Jimmy get more than they bargained for when they attempt to ambush a group of Skitters, and a stranger arrives with the promise of a new hope.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 May 2013, 08:58 PM.

Great episode! Loved the tension between Tom and Pope. That skitter with the red eye freaks me out and I am wondering what is going on with Ben. Very sad ending. I wonder how sincere this visitor really is. I wonder if they may be walking into a trap.

Comment

I cried so hard over Jimmy, it was horrible.

The red eye skitter is creepy as all get out--wonder what its story is?

I'm kind of thinking that Columbia(?) is a reservation. Otherwise, it sounds too good to be true and too technological not to get caught.
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

It seems we all have misgivings about Charleston. With so many people gathering in one place, they're vulnerable to a single bomb or missile. Hell, the aliens could be allowing, even encouraging, the Charleston concentration.

Killing Jimmy was a good thing for the show. Sad, yes, but it contributes authenticity and emotional weight(?), and let's be honest, the series needs it. Falling Skies is designed to be watched by whole families, children and parents together. A consequence is an absence of the swearing, sex, greed, and (possibly) murder that would accompany a group of desperate survivors. Killing off sweet, little Jimmy adds a sprinkle of realism.

*Ducks to avoid the thrown stones*

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
          It seems we all have misgivings about Charleston. With so many people gathering in one place, they're vulnerable to a single bomb or missile. Hell, the aliens could be allowing, even encouraging, the Charleston concentration.

*Ducks to avoid the thrown stones*
          A stone?! I am gonna toss a boulder over.! Just kidding. Even though it adds to the realism I will still miss Jimmy much.

I am greatly wondering about this whole Charleston thing. She seemed like she was really pushing it on the people how great it was. Then coming to both Tom and Weaver to tell them how much their people love them. Plus that whole running water bit and how she does not understand how they have it. Makes me wonder if it is like that those people who were giving up the kids to the skitters in season 1. Maybe a similar set up? Just seems suspicious, but maybe their trying to throw us off.

Comment

Charleston, that was it. I'm heading to Columbia in a week, so I got mixed up. Yeah, if the aliens do know about it, it would be far more convenient to take all of the humans out in larger concentrations rather than scattered about here and there. "Normalcy" or not, I'd steer WAY clear of Charleston if I were them. Even at the beginning of the show, one of the reasons the 2nd Mass and the other groups broke off was because there were too many people concentrated in one place and it made it easier for the aliens to find them. I think the Catskills would have been a far better choice despite the weather; there are plenty of places to hide in the mountains--woods and caves and such.

You're right about Jimmy. I'm not saying that his death wasn't necessary for the show, but it was very, very sad. They do add that "sprinkle of realism" now and again, though--Margaret's rapes by Billy and the other guy, the occasional swears. I just find it funny that they're in Boston (at first) and not a hint of a Boston accent anywhere; not only that, many of us New Englanders curse like sailors (or at least my circle of friends and family did when I lived there ), so I would've thought there'd be a little more cussing, especially among the Berserkers (who I'm sure are not all from New England).
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

did you saw season 2 episode 3?
              come on... that woman found them in a piper plane & the aliens with their tech can't find them?

Comment

Great episode. This season is definitely off to a strong start IMO.

I was very surprised by Jimmy's death. As some have stated though, it does add realism to the situation. His funeral was very well done, and what Weaver said was perfect.

The conflict between Tom and Pope sure reached a new level in this one. I can't wait to see where things go after that last confrontation.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Watched 2nd Look afterwards and Colin Cunningham & the others were saying that it was a little frightening to see Noah Wyle lose his cool, even if it was an act.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                    I cried so hard over Jimmy, it was horrible.

The red eye skitter is creepy as all get out--wonder what its story is?

I'm kind of thinking that Columbia(?) is a reservation. Otherwise, it sounds too good to be true and too technological not to get caught.
                    Yes little Jimmy's absence will be heartfelt at the same time it does add a sense of realism to the desperate situation the survivors face, as things get harder I think we will see the survivors especially those in charge trying to hang on to their humanity just like in the other survival show "The Walking Dead". I too feel that Charleston is nothing more than a Potemkin village deliberately allowed by the aliens.
                    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Just watch the episode, sad for Jimmy, war have death and I am kind of glad they are showing us that instead of putting all of the characters in force fields bubbles and just killing off background characters off. He got a fine burial, it was nice to see everyone their, I thought Pope would either be lurking in the background or come back to the grave to give his good byes after everyone else gone.

I think Churchill was honest, she think Charlton is for real, I think at the very best it just an alien reservation. But Weaver will be able to recruit fresh troops and resupply for the war there at the very least.

I think she will return from her travels, picking up Pope along the way, she figure out Charlton was a lie when she got to Europe, but she has work out a plan for a world wide counter attack, led by the European/Asia/ Africa alliance of militias and the Americas is the last ones to be told because of their distance from Europe and Asia no one been able to get to the continent via the sea routes. She will at like the link between these different alliances. Although I have my doubts whether her plane has the fuel to make it across the Atlantic even via Greenland and Iceland.

Red eye skitter is one crazy dude, dodging bullets, Jedi powers. The three skitters look like they were having themselves a little clandestine meeting among themselves, one which I am guesting the Tall ones do not know about.

Comment

Originally posted by MadaBidyoni View Post
                        did you saw season 2 episode 3?
                        come on... that woman found them in a piper plane & the aliens with their tech can't find them?
                        The aliens know where they are, at least Red Eye does, the question is why have they not been wiped them out, do they need us something I wonder.

Comment

There is no doubt that they need humans for something otherwise they would have wiped out all of humanity a long time ago through biological warfare and massive neutron bombing of the whole planet.
                          The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            The aliens know where they are, at least Red Eye does, the question is why have they not been wiped them out, do they need us something I wonder.
                            the whole thing with the harnesses, makes me think the skitters are from the last planet the tall aliens conquered, maybe some of them are able to resist the control and are trying to either help or manipulate humans into freeing them

Comment

Poor Jimmy. I was a little surprised. I thought he'd pull through, but as said already in a real situation like this there would be deaths, even of children.
                              And I'm leery of Charleston too.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Working...
                              X