• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worlds Apart (201)

Visit the Episode GuideFALLING SKIES SEASON TWO
    WORLDS APART
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201
    Three months after stepping into an alien vessel Tom Mason returns, recalling his encounter with an enemy leader and the long journey back. Meanwhile, Hal and Ben conflict over how to wage war.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

NOTE: This thread covers only the first half of the two-hour premiere
    of Season Two. For the second half, or to talk about the premiere
    as a whole, please use the thread for "Shall We Gather At the River."
    Last edited by Darren; 24 June 2012, 02:14 PM.

This was a fine opener to the season. Wish we got more of Tom and the Skitters bosses conversation. May be we will in the future, who knows what Tom has forgotten or what really happen to him on the ship.

I presume that the aliens, offering a compromise to Tom, that seem to hint that they want a quick victory, it was also pointed out that they have stopped using newtron bombs.

We also got an upgrade i the quality of the CGI, it seem the skitters have far more detail than they use to.

An my new favourite character, Red Eye Skitter, not sure what he up to, by I smell a rebellion brewing, I wonder if that the first time he seen his bosses attacked an injured, when Tom attack the boss on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      This was a fine opener to the season. Wish we got more of Tom and the Skitters bosses conversation. May be we will in the future, who knows what Tom has forgotten or what really happen to him on the ship.

I presume that the aliens, offering a compromise to Tom, that seem to hint that they want a quick victory, it was also pointed out that they have stopped using newtron bombs.

We also got an upgrade i the quality of the CGI, it seem the skitters have far more detail than they use to.

An my new favourite character, Red Eye Skitter, not sure what he up to, by I smell a rebellion brewing, I wonder if that the first time he seen his bosses attacked an injured, when Tom attack the boss on the ship.
      I would assume that was the case. However, I don't think that swayed the Skitter at all. IMO, that one seemed very hateful of humans. Most likely having to do with its injuries (probably sustained by humans).
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really liked this episode liked how they introduced the new boss guy, honestly i was more interested in the flashbacks than what was going on in the present

When life gives you lemons... blow it's friggin head off
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          I really liked this episode liked how they introduced the new boss guy, honestly i was more interested in the flashbacks than what was going on in the present

When life gives you lemons... blow it's friggin head off
          I might start using that saying.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            I might start using that saying.
            I wouldn't have been able to use that earlier in life when my parents kept saying that stupid phrase after we moved...
            sigpic

Comment

LOL Cant wait for this episode
              sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

Finally got this in the UK.
                Good season opener, setting up a few questions that will obviously be answered later.
                Cant wait for episode 2.

Comment

1. The Skitters have a point, being human doesn't neccersarilly make you "good".

2. So...what, they've just decapitated every militia group in the US?

3. Ugh, some people have seriously lost the plot.

4. Matt must be what...8 years old? That's fighting age?

Gives you a pretty good idea how messed up this world is.
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Well I finally got round to watching this, after forgetting the season had already started.

Damn good, they seem to really have a handle on things, and it's much better than last season. Colin Cunningham remains the best thing in it, but everything seemed good. CGI seemed better, directing was slicker, the level of darkness and grimness seems to be amped up, and seems much more appropriate for the total war situation I hey are in. The massacre of the prisoners was brutal, but actually a high point of the episode.

And finally they seem to have resisted putting in teen drama for the younger characters, something that I am grateful for. Other shows like Terra Nova have done this and it just doesn't work, it's annoying and feels stupid when there's actual much more important issues happening in the episode. But here they have trusted their younger actors, and allowed them to focus on the mature themes in the episode, dealing with taking up arms or friendly fire incidents, and the younger actors seem to be doing well with this material.

Comment

I'm glad they got rid of Rick, his whining in season 1 about how he loved the skitters and how he wanted to go back to them was really annoying, that kid had so many issues i think he should have gone on The Jeremy Kyle show to sort them out, it would have been worth just to see a skitter on The Jeremy Kyle show it would have been like when Kang/Kodos whichever one it was were on Gerry Springer on The Simpsons, pity we lost Uncle Scott i liked him.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
                        I'm glad they got rid of Rick, his whining in season 1 about how he loved the skitters and how he wanted to go back to them was really annoying, that kid had so many issues i think he should have gone on The Jeremy Kyle show to sort them out, it would have been worth just to see a skitter on The Jeremy Kyle show it would have been like when Kang/Kodos whichever one it was were on Gerry Springer on The Simpsons, pity we lost Uncle Scott i liked him.
                        Rick was a different perspective. He was a different voice in a ocean of cries for more death. He had gained a new point of view from his time harnessed. I miss him.

I think his character had a lot of potential. Also, check out the Falling Skies: Battle of Fitchburg. It takes place between season 1 and 2 and has Rick in it. Also shows what happens to Uncle Scott.

It's free, but you have to view it online at dark horse comic's digital website.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                          1. The Skitters have a point, being human doesn't neccersarilly make you "good".

2. So...what, they've just decapitated every militia group in the US?

3. Ugh, some people have seriously lost the plot.

4. Matt must be what...8 years old? That's fighting age?

Gives you a pretty good idea how messed up this world is.
                          Yes, our world is messed up. No, an 8 year old shouldn't be a fighter...but in some countries they are, and space aliens have not yet proven they walk among us . If just being human made us good we would not be at war with each other. Maybe we need a common enemy to help us question our private earth battles?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                            Rick was a different perspective. He was a different voice in a ocean of cries for more death. He had gained a new point of view from his time harnessed. I miss him.
                            I concur..Rick showed us how differently the unharnessed children react to returning to us. We needed to see that and ponder what it all means...
                            sigpic

Comment

I really wasn't sure what to expect with the new season opener... was worried the show may lose some of its strength, especially when I saw the "3 months later" tag...

But it did well... I actually almost doubted whether Tom would pull through, as I thought I'd seen his name only mentioned on IMDB for the first episode (at one point at least). Was fully expecting Bloodgood to pull out a tracking device when she was digging for shrapnel...

It's all so bleak... which is great...
                              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                              and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                              X