This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win Gold Tickets to Creation Chicago 2012 con

After saying farewell earlier this spring to the Vancouver edition, it’s now North America’s only official Stargate convention. And if you’re lucky, we’ve got your tickets to get in!

Now entering its ninth year, Creation Entertainment‘s Offical Stargate Convention will visit the Chicago area in mid-August. Taking place at the Westin O’Hare, the event will run from August 17 to Ausust 19, and promises a very full three days of Stargate celebrities and fun!

While the celebrity guest list for this year doesn’t include any cast members from Stargate Universe, a great mix (albeit a bit Atlantis-heavy) from the two prior shows promise to liven up the weekends festivities. Scheduled to appear thus far:

* From Stargate SG-1: After a two year absence, Michael Shanks (“Dr. Daniel Jackson”) returns to the Creation stages to headline the SG-1 portion of the con. Others from the series making an appearance include Steve Bacic (“Camulus”), Suanne Braun (“Hathor”), Dan Payne and Alex Zahara (the latter two having several different roles over the series’ run).
    * From Stargate Atlantis: Making what is essentially a very rare Midwest convention appearance is Torri Higginson (“Dr. Elizabeth Weir”). Other actors from the series set to appear include Joe Flanigan (“Col. John Sheppard”), Paul McGillion (“Dr. Carson Beckett”), David Nykl (“Radek Zelenka”), Rachel Luttrell (“Teyla Emmagan”), Jewel Staite (“Dr. Jennifer Keller”), Ryan Robbins (“Ladon Radim”), Robert Picardo (“Richard Woolsey”) and Chuck Campbell (“Chuck the technician”).

Through the generosity of Creation, GateWorld is giving away a pair of Gold Weekend Passes to the event. Those familiar with Creation conventions know how inclusive these tickets are. But for those who may have never been to a Creation convention, an explanation is in order.

These two gold passes are valued at approximately $800, and will provide the winner and their guest with:

* Reserved seating close to the stage for all three days of the event
    * Complimentary entrance to the Friday night Celebrity Cabaret
    * A Gold Pass-only dessert party attended by Torri Higginson, Ryan Robbins and many more.
    * In-person complimentary autographs from many of the stars attending.

GateWorld’s editorial staff will be there — would you like to be there, too? Then simply head over to the contest thread in the GateWorld Forum and answer the question “How has Stargate affected your life?” Register first if you’re not a member of the forum yet. It’s quick, and it’s free! (Remember that if you already have a GateWorld account for commenting here on news stories, you still need a separate account on GateWorld Forum to post over there.)

We’ll randomly choose a winner on June 10, 2012 — and they will be notified via the forum. You must be 18 years or older to enter, and only one entry per person, please. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.

IMPORTANT: This contest provides the winner and guest with tickets to the convention only. The winner and guest are responsible for all other issues involving con attendance. Airfare (or other travel expenses), hotel accommodations and other incidentals are not included.

Good luck to all who enter! And a big thank-you to Creation Entertainment for their continued support of GateWorld!
    Creation Chicago Con 2004, 2005, 2008-2015
    Creation Vancouver Con 2008-2012 R.I.P.
    Creation Minneapolis Con (HOST) 2010
    Wizard Chicago Comic-Con 2010-2015
    Cyphan Con Chicago (TALENT MANAGER) 2010-2012
    Con-Version Calgary 2010
    C2E2 2013-2015
    TimeGate 2014, 2015 (GUEST)
    Hawaii Con 2014, 2015 (STAFF/PANEL MODERATOR)
    Fantasticon Milwaukee 2014
    FCD (First Contact Day) 2015, 2016 (HOST/TALENT COORDINATOR)

Simply put, I can’t fall asleep without Stargate. I always pop on netflix on my tv and watch an episode before I go to bed. SG1,SGA, and SGU. I just can’t live without it.

Comment

I have met some of my nearest and dearest friends because of Stargate. Friends that I know I will have for life. Friends that I wish I had when I got married so they could have been in my wedding party and at my bachelorette party. Stargate has given me the opportunity to travel to places I never would have gone and meet people I never would have met were it not for this show.

Heck, I got a darn SG tattoo to help remember all the awesome times I've had because of this show!

So, yeah. Stargate has changed my life in immense ways.

Comment

Stargate has affected my life in the best way possible! By saving my life!! 6 years ago I was diagnosed with a very advanced & aggressive form of breast cancer. At the time, my doctors did not know if it was a stage 3 or 4. I had to undergo many tests to see the results of how bad it was. While this was all happening, the doctors informed me that if it was indeed stage 4 what would be the thing that I would miss the most in this world. I replied "If I never get to another Stargate convention again, my life is over". They told me to keep thinking positive that I will indeed get to go to more cons. Diagnosis came back and it was stage 3. I focused all my positive energy into battling the cancer and even so far as to wear my complete Stargate uniform, complete wtih jacket & patches, pants & army boots to all my chemo sessions and imagined that I was a member of SG-1 that had to battle the evil System Lords myself and protect the rest of SG-1. That went on for 4 months until I had the surgery. Then I imagined that I had won the battle and destroyed the System Lords but was injured and the good Dr. Fraiser was operating on me and get me back in tip top condition. About a month & a half after the surgery, I had to undergo 25 sessions of radiation something that got very painful as the sessions went on. Finally at the end of all the treatments, surgery, physio and such, the nurses & doctors turned to me, congratulated me, told me I now have my life back and asked what's the first thing I plan to do? I replied, "Tomorrow I am getting up at 5:00 am and leaving (by car on a 8 hour drive to another province) for a Stargate/Star Trek convention!!

All the time while going through that 10 months of fighting, I watched nothing but Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis each and every day (with the exception of the day of my surgery). At the end of it, my surgeon was pretty amazed at how positive I was through it all but was totally blown away by how fast I recovered from it all!! And it's all thanks to Stargate and the wonderful actors that portrait our beloved characters! Thank you for saving my life!

Comment

Stargate has been so much a part of my life over these years. I never have been able to attend a convention but have wanted too. I watch re-run Stargate on SyFy and also when nothing is on on netflix. My Son is only 7 but I have indoctrinated him into the Stargate universe. Which I hear..."Dad not another episode of stargate"....lol I love the franchise and would really love to be able to goto a convention.

Comment

Stargate has taught me alot about science and has opened my eyes to the wonders of the universe, and what could possibly lie just beyond Earth. I've learned alot about special effects through watching the documentaries on the DVDs. I also love the teamwork aspect of the show, and how if it's SG-1 or the Expedition Team on Atlantis, teamwork gets results.

I can't begin my Saturday without watching two episodes while eating breakfast and folding towels. After I watch, I can clean my house and get other things done. I have laughed, cried, excited, and scared over the episodes - no show has ever given me such a wide range of emotions.

Simply put, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis (I'm not up to Universe yet) has made me appreciate science fiction immensely. I could eat my words when I started watching both series 2 1/2 years ago and said I would never get sucked in...only to have read many of the novels, listen to three audio stories, own six seasons on DVD (still working on my SG-1 collection, I watch Atlantis on Netflix), and own all of the movies, two on Blu-Ray!

I am going to the convention - this will be my first. I am waiting to buy my tickets, as I was hoping for another contest like the one for Vancouver. I did make my reservations already, so I'm hoping to meet others there who are interested like I am. I am looking forward to the experience of meeting others with a common interest. Plus, this will be my first solo vacation, something I have wanted to do for a long time! :-)
            sigpic

Allison's Written Words - Blogger Blog

STARGATE CONVENTIONS
            Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2012
            Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention, Chicago - August 2013
            Creation Entertainment Official Stargate Convention - The Final Journey, Chicago - August 2014 (can't wait!)

Comment

Stargate, both SG-1 and Atlantis, have given me hours of joy watching and rewatching the episodes. I really didn't get a good chance to learn about Universe. I felt and still feel proud about the positive examples of the military that was displayed each week. The stories never sugar coated what interaction with possible alien life might be like - there is good and dangerous even out in space - and how we (Taur'i) are not perfect. If only the stories could continue. Atlantis was ended way too soon and SG Universe barely had a chance to show what it was worth.

Comment

My girlfriend and I fell in love because we had stargate love in common! If SG was never made we would not have had something in common to break the ice! If we don't get to this convention it may mess up space time and we don't want that to happen do we?

Comment

How has stragate affected my life? Good question. Stargate from the very beginning has been a staple for me since i was a child. The story telling is what has always kept me with all three of the series consisting of seventeen seasons and three movies all of which reside in my collection. show after show season after season there is many many under lying messages which philosify the everyday lives and decisions people choose to make for themselves all science fiction has the oppurtunity to explore humanity i just prefer the way that stargate has done it. the whole stance on religion and ascention in the stargate universe has always intrigued me and in a lot of ways i think stargate has an edge on alot of the major ideas out there. I wish there was a stargate and i am thankful that i wish that. i am always up for anything stargate and have never gotten the chance to come face to face with anyone who has anything to do with the show it would be awesome to have the chance to thank them.

Comment

I went to SG Chicago in 2007 to see my dream girl, Morena Baccarin. I almost decided to go to Toronto for Fan Expo to see Tricia Helfer, but Morena was the deciding factor in making my travel plans. And even though i was thrilled to see Morena's panel, get her autograph, and have a photo op with her, it wound up being a foot note in my memories for the weekend.

I wound up making a best friend.

We met on Friday, stuck WAY deep in the registration line, and had nothing in common; other than the usual complaint of having to wait for so long. She had followed all the SG series religiously, and even though i had a weekend pass, i was only interested in seeing Morena.

We wound up talking, and then talking some more. It turns out we had more in common than either of us had originally guessed. Both of us had stereotypes about one another, but by the end of the weekend, neither of us wanted the convention to end. We weren't so much sad that the con had ended, but that we would have to wait until the following year to see one another again.

Because of her, i wound up watching the entire box set of both SG1 and SGA, all in one month. My fan love for Morena brought me not only through the gate, but also brought me a best friend. For that, i will always be grateful!

Comment

Stargate has changed my life so much for the better! I have gotten to know some of the most important people in my life now through the fandom and had wonderful times at the creation cons.
                      I would have missed out on so many great experiences, if it wasn't for Stargate!

Comment

Dear contest winner chooser(s), Stargate has affected my life in many positive ways. First of which is the way I deal with people at my job. Thanks to Richard D. Anderson's role as Jack O'Neill, I have learned to use my sense of humor with nearly every opportunity I can which in turn has helped diffuse many intense situations when dealing with the public. My knowledge of electronics troubleshooting reminds me of how Carter and McKay always seem to fix things and 'save the day'. I now have my haircut styled to Joe Flanigan's which is working really well but takes long to do in the morning. Since there are no more new episodes of Stargate, my kids and I go to random places and film our own! I use a CG gate and they are dialing with a special stone they found that I named 'The Tok'ra Stone' left by the ancients. So far they have been to 3 different worlds! I guess you can say, Stargate is still part of my everyday life. To meet the real cast would just be a dream come true and a joy to look forward to in the middle of the stresses of everyday life. Thanks for reading.

Comment

Stargate was the first show I ever really fell in love with. Before Stargate, I would just watch tv shows without getting too emotionally involved. Once I discovered Stargate though, all bets were off. I was absolutely hooked. Watching Stargate also led me to watch other science fiction shows like Farscape, Firefly, and Sanctuary. Without Stargate, I would have never discovered what a wonderful thing science fiction is.

Comment

I was never much of a SciFi genre person up until Stargate came along. I also never followed a show...ie: conventions and buying DVDs like I did with Stargate. It wasn't so much the storylines as much as the connection between the characters on the team. I loved the everyday interaction between them and the humor that came out of it. I actually looked forward to at least one giggle per episode that kept my spirits up. I felt like I became one of the team and that they became my friends. I've had a hard time letting go of the series and still long for it to come back in some form.

Comment

My family (Laurance (hubby of 22 years), Marianne (oldest daughter 19), Christian (son, 16), and Bethany (daughter 13)) have watched all the episodes of Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and SGU either first time viewing or on DVD or BluRay. We have a sci-fi room in our basement and one section of our wall is dedicated to the Stargate franchise. How has it affected our life? The series was part of our Friday night routine. We would get pizza for dinner, picked out a dessert for later (usually ice cream), and watched the shows. My oldest daughter was influenced by Sam Carter that women could be good at science. She went on to take Chemistry 2 and Physics 2 in high school. She is now going for her degree in Elementary Education. She wants to make science fun for grade school girls and boys. We laughed, we cried, and we would go crazy waiting for the second half of a season to start or a new one to begin, especially when we were left hanging. Now, Stargate is being watched by the new addition of our family, my daughter's husband Mark. He loves the series! I am thankful to the cast and crew of all the series for giving us such great shows!

Comment

Working...
                              X