No announcement yet.

Supernatural Fanfic and Brainstorming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i started a spn rpg once on another site once full of spn fans.... unfortunately only one other person joined in.... we went strong for about a month before we just stalled.... i was constantly reffering to google earth for actual town names and realistic travel times and routes.... i love to rp, but i've done it round robin style.... i'm uncomfortable writing other ppl's charcters tho there have been times when i wish i had permission but you can definately count me in! i'll post excerpts from my old rp so you can get a feel for what i'm used to tomorrow.... i'm currently on my ipod right nao so i don't have access to that site
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      Yes. However, the RPG I'm part of is different, it's kind of like a round robin. Which is where we all take turns writing the story.

Ah, okay.
      Originally posted by Lilith View Post
      i started a spn rpg once on another site once full of spn fans.... unfortunately only one other person joined in.... we went strong for about a month before we just stalled.... i was constantly reffering to google earth for actual town names and realistic travel times and routes.... i love to rp, but i've done it round robin style.... i'm uncomfortable writing other ppl's charcters tho there have been times when i wish i had permission but you can definately count me in! i'll post excerpts from my old rp so you can get a feel for what i'm used to tomorrow.... i'm currently on my ipod right nao so i don't have access to that site
      I have never actualy RP'd.. I wouldn't mind joining in but I don't think I'd be very good at it and my writing muse seems to have stalled.. I've begun like 4 or 5 different SPN fics and I haven't been able to finish a one..

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
        Okay, as far as the outline goes, Lilith has it nailed!

And what's a RPG????
        yea.... i wrote the one ch and then the prologue and didn't how to tie them together so i sat down and created a table of contents with ch titles... then o went back and added notes so i'd remember why i chose those titles and to remember the pace i had wanted to set.... rose reality was supposed to be a short interlude, but spawned into its own spin-off with a highlander/sg1 crossover.... i stalled out on that about half way thru ch5 which is why i don't have more outlined for it.... and all that started with Jack's line in the TW premiere "atleast i won't get pregnant.... never doing that again" and my brain totally went "omg! jack the doctor were gonna have a baby but it died when the daleks killed jack! but wait! what if rose saved the baby too when she went all bad wolf but they didn't know" thus ^ was born....
        sigpic

Comment

yea.... i wrote the one ch and then the prologue and didn't how to tie them together so i sat down and created a table of contents with ch titles... then o went back and added notes so i'd remember why i chose those titles and to remember the pace i had wanted to set.... rose reality was supposed to be a short interlude, but spawned into its own spin-off with a highlander/sg1 crossover.... i stalled out on that about half way thru ch5 which is why i don't have more outlined for it.... and all that started with Jack's line in the TW premiere "atleast i won't get pregnant.... never doing that again" and my brain totally went "omg! jack the doctor were gonna have a baby but it died when the daleks killed jack! but wait! what if rose saved the baby too when she went all bad wolf but they didn't know" thus ^ was born....
          Wow! Yeah, I have 6 unifinished fics on FF that I need to get done; one of which (Doctor Who/SGA Crossover) I'm completely rewriting, another (Doctor Who/Harry Potter) I only have two chapters posted.. :eyerolls:

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

I have never actualy RP'd.. I wouldn't mind joining in but I don't think I'd be very good at it and my writing muse seems to have stalled.. I've begun like 4 or 5 different SPN fics and I haven't been able to finish a one..
            that's the great thing about text based rp! it's a great cure for writer's block.... you're not creating the entire story by yourself, it's a collaborative work... you write til you stall then hand it to someone else and then they do the same and round and round it goes.... it's a never ending story b/c someone always has something to add and most RPs are about developing OCs and in a fandom like this, cannical characters are generally NPCs, non- playable chars, that can be refferenced but generally don't make an appearance.... and anything posted in an RP is generally fair game for fic material.... main characters aren't, but side chacters and situations are
            sigpic

Comment

that's the great thing about text based rp! it's a great cure for writer's block.... you're not creating the entire story by yourself, it's a collaborative work... you write til you stall then hand it to someone else and then they do the same and round and round it goes.... it's a never ending story b/c someone always has something to add and most RPs are about developing OCs and in a fandom like this, cannical characters are generally NPCs, non- playable chars, that can be refferenced but generally don't make an appearance.... and anything posted in an RP is generally fair game for fic material.... main characters aren't, but side chacters and situations are
              That all sounds a little confusing

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

Wow! Yeah, I have 6 unifinished fics on FF that I need to get done; one of which (Doctor Who/SGA Crossover) I'm completely rewriting, another (Doctor Who/Harry Potter) I only have two chapters posted.. :eyerolls:
                i don't post WIPs.... at all.... the few times i did when i first started writing never got finished and the existing ch almost got rewritten cept ppl liked them and wanted continuations not a new story altogether.... since i myself don't like stumbling upon unfinished/abandoned WIPs, and i know my dendancy to stall 4-5 ch in, i refuse to post anything not finished.... that also mean for my one shots, what you see is what you get and there's a good chance no sequal
                sigpic

Comment

That all sounds a little confusing
                  it's not really! it just sounds intimidating b/c it's ur first time and you're a fanfic writer.... RP is not writing, it's an exercise in imagination.... i'll post the full RP with rules and OOC discussions to my LJ and then link it here so you read it all and judge for youself
                  sigpic

Comment

it's not really! it just sounds intimidating b/c it's ur first time and you're a fanfic writer.... RP is not writing, it's an exercise in imagination.... i'll post the full RP with rules and OOC discussions to my LJ and then link it here so you read it all and judge for youself
                    Okay, thanks.

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

okay here it is! i split it into three parts, but each part is linked at the bottom... it works as an example and we only stopped b/c Mac disappeared on me.... so, please enjoy How to Fight an Apocolypse, an SPN RP
                      sigpic

Comment

okay here it is! i split it into three parts, but each part is linked at the bottom... it works as an example and we only stopped b/c Mac disappeared on me.... so, please enjoy How to Fight an Apocolypse, an SPN RP
                        Okay, so basically you create your own character (everything for that character) then you just write from that character's POV??

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

yep! like i said before, it's great for writers block b/c you you can pretty much write anything, and some writers throw out some great ideas that they'll never use again and don't mind giving to other ppl who want them
                          sigpic

Comment

yep! like i said before, it's great for writers block b/c you you can pretty much write anything, and some writers throw out some great ideas that they'll never use again and don't mind giving to other ppl who want them
                            Well, I can certainly give it a try if RiG still wants to create one.. I can't guarantee anything fantastic to come out though.

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

I'm in the same boat. Which is why an RPG is a good thing, like Lilith said.

Okay, so basically you create your own character (everything for that character) then you just write from that character's POV??
                              Yes, if that's the kind of RPG we want to do. In my SGA RPG that I linked to our characters were basically ourselves. We used our GW names and just immersed ourselves in the world of Atlantis.

Well, I can certainly give it a try if RiG still wants to create one.. I can't guarantee anything fantastic to come out though.
                              Seems there might be some interest but...I'm not sure I know how to create one. I'm a follower, not a leader. But, I suppose we could put our collective brains together and suss out a plot. We'd also need a title for it of course. Oh, and there will be no timed writing schedule for it. You can write a piece/part no matter how long or short, when ever you can.

We'd also need a chatter thread for the RPG so that we don't clutter the RPG thread. A place were we can discuss plot points, characters and what we want to have happen to our characters. Also for suggestions. Uhm...oh! For my SGA RPG we had a "Group", but that was because we didn't have a chatter thread.

Spoiler:

The first SGA RPG I was a member of here on GW sort of had a writing shcedule at first and then I think when control was handed over to another member and that member wanted to know when everyone was available to write and who would take which episode (we had episodes back then, I chose ep13 because I wanted to make it a horror ep). We had to report which days we were able to write and such. UGH! I don't remember the specifics but I think we had to come up with the title and plot for our individual episode. It was too much for us so we all parted ways. That's when I joined the RPG I linked to. If you haven't checked it out please do! I'm interested in what you think, if I got Rodney and Carson IC and not OOC. It's okay if you don't though.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

i'm keeping Sarah... i didn't get a chance to develop her the way i wanted to
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X