Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Supernatural Fanfic and Brainstorming

Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    nao she tells me i'm gonna finish it up anyways.... i could use the practice and it'll help your charcterization, since that's what you're worried most about
    Plus it'll be like a trial run for us when it comes to seeing if we can do good with the writer/beta friendship.

yes, join us! have you read any wing!fic yet? they are few but v adicting.... ooh! there's one i read where Cas was molting and it made him like really really horny and when dean wakes up the morning after, there's angel feathers everywhere like Cas's wings exploded when he did
    I've read one fic where Castiel used his wings to keep Dean safe while they waited for rescue but not much beyond that.. I've had an idea for a fic for the two fo them bouncing around in my head but we'll see how it comes out on paper. It'll definitely be an AU but whatever.

Coming January 2017

those i'll definately beta for you its so hard to find a good beta willing to read slash
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.

those i'll definately beta for you its so hard to find a good beta willing to read slash
    That's true. Especially considering my main beta for SPN isn't a slash fan.

Coming January 2017

I asked this earlier but I don't know if I got an answer so I'll ask again...

How do you make an outline for a fic? I think, if I know how to do this I'll be able to successfully write a fic. Maybe.

Sig by ME.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    I asked this earlier but I don't know if I got an answer so I'll ask again...

How do you make an outline for a fic? I think, if I know how to do this I'll be able to successfully write a fic. Maybe.
    ever write an outline for a research paper? same concept.... tho i always preferred doing concept webs instead... but basically your prompt/plot is your central point and then you branch off from there... like if its a multi-chapter fic, each chapter is its own branch.... i have an old outline for a indefinately stalled fic of mine... it was supposed to be a multi-chaptered fic that followed Doctor Who/Torchwood cannon fairly closely with a minor Highlander crossover.... unfortunately, i only ever got one chapter written, [( book1, ch 5 which is where it all started )] putting under spoiler tags b/c tho i never got it written, it's pretty huge....
    Spoiler:
    Bad Wolf Rising
    Table of Contents
    Preface: Fenris
    Part One: Rose
    Ch. 01: Aliens [( thru Rose )]
    Ch. 02: We’re Not in London Anymore [( thru End of the World )]
    Ch. 03: Invasion! Or Not…[( thru Aliens of London/WWIII )]
    Ch. 04: Pepper Pots and Tabloids [( thru Dalek and The Long Game )]
    Part Two: Jack
    Ch. 05: Con Man [( post The Empty Child/Doctor Dances )]
    Ch. 06: Baby [( post Boom Town, thru Bad Wolf/PoW )]
    Ch. 07: Stranded [( post PoW )]
    Ch. 08: The Immortal [( 1869 thru Fragments )]
    Part Three: Rose
    Ch. 09: Broken Ties [( thru Christmas Invasion )]
    Ch. 10: Cats, Queens, and Wolves, Oh My! [( thru New Earth and Tooth and Claw )]
    Ch. 11: Tin Dogs to Tin Men [( School Reunion thru RotC/Age of Steel )]
    Ch. 12: Daemons [( Impossible Planet/Satan's Pit and Fear Her )]
    Part Four: Torchwood
    Ch. 13: Starting from Scratch [( Fragments )]
    Ch. 14: The Fall [( Army of Ghosts/Doomsday )]
    Ch. 15: Reincarnation's a ***** [( Everything Changes )]

The Bad Wolf: The Methos Chronicles

Table of Contents

Preface: 10,000 Years
    Part One: Parenting
    Ch. 01: Secrets Revealed

The Bad Wolf: The Rose Reality

Table of Contents

Ch. 01: Starting from Scratch
    Ch. 02: A Spaceship over London
    Ch. 03: For the Planet
    Ch. 04: The Morning After
    Ch. 05: To Parliament!

hope that helps RiG!

Idea...

What do you guys think of starting an SPN RPG here on GW?

I'm a member of an SGA RPG here and it is fun to write for. Unfortunately it has been abandoned for a year by all but me. I keep adding to it, continuing to write my story line but it's just not the same. I go back there every now and then to re-read the parts I wrote, it reminds me that I can write, that I have that ability. And that I'm not a horrible writer. I think it would be fun to write for an SPN RPG but I understand if you guys don't want to what with writing fics and all. It might be a bit much. It's just a thought I had.

Here is a link to my SGA RPG --->The Taking Over The Universe Plott, in case you want to check it out. The link will take you to the last page of the thread as I joined the RPG kinda late and the bulk of my contributions are near the end.

If you want to see my first contribution ---> Here it is.

Again, I totally understand if you guys don't want to do an RPG.

Sig by ME.

Oh, Whoa! Lilith, that is...wow! Yeah, that helps. Thanks!

Sig by ME.

Okay, as far as the outline goes, Lilith has it nailed!

And what's a RPG????

Coming January 2017

RPG=Role Playing Game
    I've never done one, but basically you pick a character and write as the character. Am I right, RiG?

It sounds fun. However, I'm a super slow writer (just ask M) and I don't want to hold anyone back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    RPG=Role Playing Game
    I've never done one, but basically you pick a character and write as the character. Am I right, RiG?
    Yes. However, the RPG I'm part of is different, it's kind of like a round robin. Which is where we all take turns writing the story.

It sounds fun. However, I'm a super slow writer (just ask M) and I don't want to hold anyone back.
    Ah, okay.

Sig by ME.

i started a spn rpg once on another site once full of spn fans.... unfortunately only one other person joined in.... we went strong for about a month before we just stalled.... i was constantly reffering to google earth for actual town names and realistic travel times and routes.... i love to rp, but i've done it round robin style.... i'm uncomfortable writing other ppl's charcters tho there have been times when i wish i had permission but you can definately count me in! i'll post excerpts from my old rp so you can get a feel for what i'm used to tomorrow.... i'm currently on my ipod right nao so i don't have access to that site

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
    Yes. However, the RPG I'm part of is different, it's kind of like a round robin. Which is where we all take turns writing the story.

Ah, okay.
    i started a spn rpg once on another site once full of spn fans.... unfortunately only one other person joined in.... we went strong for about a month before we just stalled.... i was constantly reffering to google earth for actual town names and realistic travel times and routes.... i love to rp, but i've done it round robin style.... i'm uncomfortable writing other ppl's charcters tho there have been times when i wish i had permission but you can definately count me in! i'll post excerpts from my old rp so you can get a feel for what i'm used to tomorrow.... i'm currently on my ipod right nao so i don't have access to that site
    I have never actualy RP'd.. I wouldn't mind joining in but I don't think I'd be very good at it and my writing muse seems to have stalled.. I've begun like 4 or 5 different SPN fics and I haven't been able to finish a one..

Coming January 2017

Quote Originally Posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    Okay, as far as the outline goes, Lilith has it nailed!

And what's a RPG????
    yea.... i wrote the one ch and then the prologue and didn't how to tie them together so i sat down and created a table of contents with ch titles... then o went back and added notes so i'd remember why i chose those titles and to remember the pace i had wanted to set.... rose reality was supposed to be a short interlude, but spawned into its own spin-off with a highlander/sg1 crossover.... i stalled out on that about half way thru ch5 which is why i don't have more outlined for it.... and all that started with Jack's line in the TW premiere "atleast i won't get pregnant.... never doing that again" and my brain totally went "omg! jack the doctor were gonna have a baby but it died when the daleks killed jack! but wait! what if rose saved the baby too when she went all bad wolf but they didn't know" thus ^ was born....

yea.... i wrote the one ch and then the prologue and didn't how to tie them together so i sat down and created a table of contents with ch titles... then o went back and added notes so i'd remember why i chose those titles and to remember the pace i had wanted to set.... rose reality was supposed to be a short interlude, but spawned into its own spin-off with a highlander/sg1 crossover.... i stalled out on that about half way thru ch5 which is why i don't have more outlined for it.... and all that started with Jack's line in the TW premiere "atleast i won't get pregnant.... never doing that again" and my brain totally went "omg! jack the doctor were gonna have a baby but it died when the daleks killed jack! but wait! what if rose saved the baby too when she went all bad wolf but they didn't know" thus ^ was born....
    Wow! Yeah, I have 6 unifinished fics on FF that I need to get done; one of which (Doctor Who/SGA Crossover) I'm completely rewriting, another (Doctor Who/Harry Potter) I only have two chapters posted.. :eyerolls:

Coming January 2017

I have never actualy RP'd.. I wouldn't mind joining in but I don't think I'd be very good at it and my writing muse seems to have stalled.. I've begun like 4 or 5 different SPN fics and I haven't been able to finish a one..
    that's the great thing about text based rp! it's a great cure for writer's block.... you're not creating the entire story by yourself, it's a collaborative work... you write til you stall then hand it to someone else and then they do the same and round and round it goes.... it's a never ending story b/c someone always has something to add and most RPs are about developing OCs and in a fandom like this, cannical characters are generally NPCs, non- playable chars, that can be refferenced but generally don't make an appearance.... and anything posted in an RP is generally fair game for fic material.... main characters aren't, but side chacters and situations are

that's the great thing about text based rp! it's a great cure for writer's block.... you're not creating the entire story by yourself, it's a collaborative work... you write til you stall then hand it to someone else and then they do the same and round and round it goes.... it's a never ending story b/c someone always has something to add and most RPs are about developing OCs and in a fandom like this, cannical characters are generally NPCs, non- playable chars, that can be refferenced but generally don't make an appearance.... and anything posted in an RP is generally fair game for fic material.... main characters aren't, but side chacters and situations are
    That all sounds a little confusing

Coming January 2017

Wow! Yeah, I have 6 unifinished fics on FF that I need to get done; one of which (Doctor Who/SGA Crossover) I'm completely rewriting, another (Doctor Who/Harry Potter) I only have two chapters posted.. :eyerolls:
    i don't post WIPs.... at all.... the few times i did when i first started writing never got finished and the existing ch almost got rewritten cept ppl liked them and wanted continuations not a new story altogether.... since i myself don't like stumbling upon unfinished/abandoned WIPs, and i know my dendancy to stall 4-5 ch in, i refuse to post anything not finished.... that also mean for my one shots, what you see is what you get and there's a good chance no sequal

That all sounds a little confusing
    it's not really! it just sounds intimidating b/c it's ur first time and you're a fanfic writer.... RP is not writing, it's an exercise in imagination.... i'll post the full RP with rules and OOC discussions to my LJ and then link it here so you read it all and judge for youself

it's not really! it just sounds intimidating b/c it's ur first time and you're a fanfic writer.... RP is not writing, it's an exercise in imagination.... i'll post the full RP with rules and OOC discussions to my LJ and then link it here so you read it all and judge for youself
    Okay, thanks.

Coming January 2017

okay here it is! i split it into three parts, but each part is linked at the bottom... it works as an example and we only stopped b/c Mac disappeared on me.... so, please enjoy How to Fight an Apocolypse, an SPN RP