Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Dorn (Worf) to make a star trek tv movie!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Dorn (Worf) to make a star trek tv movie!!!

So, at the Phonix comic con (2012) Michael made an interview, And stated the following....

"TrekMovie.com: So in your panel you mentioned the idea of pitching the a lower budget Star Trek movie with Worf? Is that serious?

Michael Dorn: I am serious. I think there is a place for it. Straight to DVD or straight to cable. Who wouldn’t want to have this kind of thing going on? It is going to help their movie. The fans aren’t going "we are going to see this movie, but we aren’t going to go see the big movie in the theater."

TrekMovie.com: Do you have a writer lined up?

Michael Dorn: I think I am going to write it.

TrekMovie.com: So where do you see Worf now?

Michael Dorn: He is captain of a ship – a Federation ship. He is out there in the front lines basically chasing terrorists.

TrekMovie.com: So you want to make it edgier? Darker?

Michael Dorn: Totally, totally. I think we will have some of our Star Trek people in it, but mostly new characters. It will be interwoven into the fabric of Star Trek. And also what we going through right now?

TrekMovie.com: When do you think you are going to have your first meeting at CBS?

Michael Dorn: I have couple meetings I want to do before that. First with Rick Berman, who produced all of our shows, just to see what he thinks. Then my manager. And I know people at SyFy. And I’ll just start gathering information. If anything happens it is going to be next year because I have a bunch of stuff to do this year. I have already started writing the script and excuse my language, but it f—ing great."

Fingers crossed this will happen!!!!

Ooh, sounds interesting! I hope we hear more about this in the near future.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Relevant link
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i love hearing his voice and seeing him on Castle. guy has a heavenly voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          i love hearing his voice and seeing him on Castle. guy has a heavenly voice.
          He also plays the avatar of Bhaal, in Baldurs Gate 2! A truly versatile actor.
          Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Tbh, I'm more excited about the fact that if star trek (prime) can be resurrected, maybe, just maybe, there may be hope for stargate..?

Comment

Sounds like an interesting concept, even if it is essentially the same Star trek voyage first episode mission.

An do we really more television screen time devoted to the new bogey men (terrorist) of the 21st century.

I would have prefer something set on a Klingon ship myself.

I also suspect he may be hoping that this is a back door pilot for a new tv series as well, which is one of many presented to the owners of the star trek franchise.

One good thing I will say, it bound to have a better, more original story line than JJ Abram next film.

Comment

Anthony Pascale of Trekmovie.com was at Phoenix Comicon, and I attended several Star Trek panels where he was a guest speaker.

Comment

Oh, I do hope it happens!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzle foot View Post
                    Tbh, I'm more excited about the fact that if star trek (prime) can be resurrected, maybe, just maybe, there may be hope for stargate..?
                    Considering the two franchises have nothing to do with each other......
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                      One good thing I will say, it bound to have a better, more original story line than JJ Abram next film.
                      Because you know the storyline/plot of the next film?
                      sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I thought Trek Prime (1966-2005) was done and over with, replaced by New Trek (2009 onward). This is interesting, a "Worf" TV movie. I wonder if it would feature characters and elements from TNG and DS9? It wouldn't have to be much, just enough to establish that this movie was spun off from those two shows. I get this is all talk right now, but the idea of a "Worf" TV movie is awesome. I simply never got tired of Worf from TNG to DS9 to the movies.

I wonder, if he's Captain of a starship, what kind would it be? Something we've seen, or something new? Say two or three additional familiar characters pop up. Who would be affordable actors, what characters would make sense?

The big question: How do you get around CBS Television emptying the 40+ years of costumes, props, set pieces, and so on?

Originally posted by Dazzle foot View Post
                        Star Trek is insanely popular despite the end of the TV run. That had more to do with the network than the audience. Stargate was a low-budget cable show. People are familiar with SG-1 reruns, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post

Say two or three additional familiar characters pop up. Who would be affordable actors, what characters would make sense?
                          I think the characters that would make most sense would be Quark, Garak and Rom -- the former to tie in with DS9 and give us a 'snapshop' of what happened in the intervening time, and the latter two because they would essentially now be leaders of their people, and it would be interesting to see how the Cardassians and Ferengi have fared.

I would also appreciate a revisit by General (Chancellor) Martok And since Jeffrey Combs is very fond of appearing in Trek, we might see a revisit of liquidator Brunt -- or perhaps a long-forgotten Weyoun clone stranded on some planet? I live in hope.

Other than that, I think of the 'established' characters, we'd probably see Riker, as Jonathan Frakes has already done a DS9 visit, maybe one of the Voyager crew? Hmm, I nominate Harry Kim.

Comment

Originally posted by The Urban Spaceman View Post
                            Hmm, I nominate Harry Kim.
                            Id love it if Kim was still an ensign!!

Comment

That would be hilarious.

Hmm... I suppose they could always work Nog in, too, as a crewmember. That would be pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X