Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I always wanted to see a "UFO" episode...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wanted to see a "UFO" episode...

I always wanted to see Star Trek put out a UFO episode from pre-warp aliens' perspective. That is to say, have the main characters of the episode be aliens from a planet similar to 20th century Earth. Feature the series main characters as aliens, and tell the story entirely from the alien world's point of view. This would mean not showing the Enterprise unless the aliens visit the ship, and then only showing the ship from their point of view.

Do you think this could have worked? Was this done, and I simply missed the episode? I'm aware of DS9's Roswell episode, but not quite the same. That was from Quark's point of view, not 1947 Earth's point of view.

Check out TNG's season four episode 'First Contact'.

It has a lot of what you're describing and one of the best looks on Riker's face you'll ever see.

sigpic

Comment

I saw that years and years ago, but I don't really remember it. I don't have the DVD's, but I've got Netflix. I'll have to check it out!

Comment

well theirs voyager's future end, which they are stranded on 1990's earth. but i guess that is mostly from Tom and Tuvok's prospective.

then there's the episode with Quark, where you briefly do see from the 1940's prospective. when their communicators aren't working. you hear Quark, Nog and Rom speaking the frengi language.

also there's the voyager episode "blink of an eye", where you see a society develop quickly from tribal life to a warp civilization as a result of voyager. and you do get Daniel Dae Kim's prospective of Voyager (don't remember his character's name).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
          well theirs voyager's future end, which they are stranded on 1990's earth. but i guess that is mostly from Tom and Tuvok's prospective.
          That doesn't really work. Rain Robinson spent most of the episodes thinking they were spies. From present-day Earth, we only saw Starling and Dunbar deal with the timeship. Voyager was caught on tape as a UFO, but that was just a quick scene at the end of Part 1. Neither episode went anywhere near to what I am proposing.

then there's the episode with Quark, where you briefly do see from the 1940's prospective. when their communicators aren't working. you hear Quark, Nog and Rom speaking the frengi language.
          Yeah, this is a perfect example of what I propose. Now, imagine if the entire episode had been from Earth's perspective?

also there's the voyager episode "blink of an eye", where you see a society develop quickly from tribal life to a warp civilization as a result of voyager. and you do get Daniel Dae Kim's prospective of Voyager (don't remember his character's name).
          Another prime example!

I was thinking of something like "Civilization" from the aliens' point of view.

Comment

Working...
          X