The curse: How it exactly worked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The curse: How it exactly worked?

The curse Rumpel created has to be one of the most complicated ones ever to debut on TV and probably on cinema as well, the curse that created the Mommy, gave Angelus the vampire a soul or brought the dead back to life pale in comparison and scope.This is a small rundown of what it had to accomplish and did.

1. It was capable of transporting from one reality to another tons of people.

2. It was able not only to make those people forget their past lives but create whole new modern ones, now this is important it means the curse needs to somehow create all kinds of not just memories on each individual but verifiable physical records of their existence upon our reality as well. Meaning that records such as birth certificates were created and if they made a background check with the State they would find the documents there as well.

3. It was able to alter the fabric of time and space itself so time was literally frozen up until Emma arrived. To give everyone an idea of how big a deal this is the only real physical object that could do something in this order would be a freaking quantum singularity or as is more commonly known a black hole.

4. Not only it was able to alter time space but obviously affect any outsider's mind such as those that delivers goods and services to Storybrooke so they wouldn't know something was off. The only ones that could see through this veil were Henry, his mother Emma, the Madhatter whom for some unexplained sniglet of the universe, Pinocchio who came to this reality 28 years ago with Emma and off course Rumpel and Regina.

Before anyone says Storybrook was totally separate from this reality remember. They had electricity, phone service and internet and enjoyed all the brands of food such as anything from Coke to Kellogs frosted flakes so they did receive shipments and services from the outside and finally Regina was able to buy a modern portable video game console for Henry.

Question is will the outside world now noticed that there is something off about Storybrook? Add to that magic being brought into this reality by Rumpie and the possibilities for all sorts of scenarios and conflicts are simply endless
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

And the curse magically give these people modern skills, like driving cars. Or did they have to learn all at once? Would have liked to have seen that!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
      And the curse magically give these people modern skills, like driving cars. Or did they have to learn all at once? Would have liked to have seen that!
      That's just it it couldn't have, the curse must have taken those skills from people on this reality most likely recently deceased ones.
      The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
        That's just it it couldn't have, the curse must have taken those skills from people on this reality most likely recently deceased ones.
        That's an interesting twist on it. I don't know. I'm basing my assumption that magic gave them what they needed for this world on the fact that when I was a child my elders attributed mysterious and seemingly unexplainable things to "magic".
        sigpic

Comment

That's an interesting twist on it. I don't know. I'm basing my assumption that magic gave them what they needed for this world on the fact that when I was a child my elders attributed mysterious and seemingly unexplainable things to "magic".
          didn't regina and rumple know who they were from the beginning (of the curse)? so did 'they' have to learn to live in the modern world?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

if somebody from their primitive realty came into ours and saw machines soaring though the air like dragons did back in their reality to them it would be magic until they learn about the science behind it as Pinocchio himself demonstrated. We are just theorizing how it worked.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            didn't regina and rumple know who they were from the beginning (of the curse)? so did 'they' have to learn to live in the modern world?
            Or the curse did not erase their past memories and simply downloaded into them from people in this reality what they needed to survive in it, must have been painful to all of a sudden have 2 sets of memories.
            Last edited by RJLCyberPunk; 26 May 2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Geez guys, it's a joke!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X