Lost - Unanswered Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost - Unanswered Questions

What questions weren't answered in your opinion? For me, it was primarily Jacob's cabin.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

The most pertinent question that was never answered was "What the heck was going on? Why was any of this happening?" Even when they went back in time to supposedly answer that question they didn't. Because weird stuff was still happening back then so obvioulsy the Island was even manipulating Jacob and the Man in Black when they were kids.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

They never really explained why the Island even existed. Or what the light is. All I got was "negatively charged exotic matter" from DHARMA.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I think the Island was there to protect the light, which according to the series is inside all living things.

Comment

Well, Jacob said that the Island is a bottleneck, keeping evil out. So... the light is evil and good at the same time? And what about all that talk of "negatively charged exotic matter" that Chang mentioned in the Orchid Orientation Film.

Comment

I think the light is overall 'good', but too much of it turns you 'evil' as with MIB.

The plug/stone at the centre of the island is made of exotic matter, so too is the wheel Ben spins. The plug/stone was blocking a hole leading to electromagnetic energy. You mix those two together and weird things start to happen.

Comment

I'd pay to turn that wheel. But who the heck was the old guy in "Jacob's cabin" and why was Horace's old cabin some magic place?

Comment

Horace's cabin was eventually used by Jacob, so it was then called Jacob's cabin. Why it was magical and was able to move around the Island, I don't know. Maybe Jacob did something to it. Jacob eventually moved out of the cabin to live under the statue and it was then used by MIB, so I guess it was MIB who appeared as the old guy.

Comment

I wonder WHO the old guy itself was(not MIB, but the real guy). And we have no real proof except Ilana's words that Jacob ever inhabited the cabin(personally, I don't think he did, except when he might have gone camping, Jacob liked the statue a lot more).

Comment

I'm not sure who you mean as the 'real guy' If you mean the guy in the chair that we get a quick glimpse of when Locke and Ben go in. That is the MIB.

Comment

Yes, but if it's one of his appereances, then who was the real bearded guy in the cabin?

Comment

I don't think he was supposed to be anyone important, just someone MIB appeared as to scare Ben and Locke.

Comment

Why? And what was that "Help me." for? Did MIB want Locke to help him escape the Island or something?

Comment

It was the beginning of MIB's plan to get Locke to help him. He appeared to Locke as 'Christian Shephard' to get Locke to turn the wheel, for whatever reason he knew Locke would die reuniting the oceanic 6. He then appeared as Locke to manipulate Ben into killing Jacob.

Comment

And why was the house all shaking? And what about Ben's "you've had your fun"?

Comment

Working...
                              X