No announcement yet.

Valar Morghulis (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant wait till Tywin finds out Cersei tried to have Tyrion killed, and also Arya is not in Kings Landing! His reaction will be priceless. Let the condescending lecturing and ***** slapping begin!
    sigpic
    LordRush - "Battle stations!" "Marines, Kree!"

Comment

I dunno....I think Joff would just tell the hound to kill tyrion. Joff has all the spine of a jelly fish
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Think it was Cersei she hates him and is still upset about her daughter being traded off .
        Dont think Joffrey would have the guts to kill him himself.
        sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Subtlety is not Joffrey's strong point. If Joffrey wanted Tyrion dead, we would all know it. Joffrey would just point a finger and scream, "Kill him!" and not care who witnesses his outburst.

Having Tyrion killed in the heat of battle has Cersie's fingerprints all over it.

Edit: A comment about Arya's state of dress. I agree under normal circumstances, once Arya was revealed to be girl, there would be an expectation she should dress as one. However:

1) This is a middle ages-like era; clothes are relatively expensive and hand made. It's not like she can run out and go shopping, even if she had the money.

2) In the real middle ages, most people only had one - maybe two - sets of clothes and wore them daily until they fell apart. Wearing the same thing day after day was normal.

3) She is a prisoner in a war zone. The Lannister men have no problem being brutal to women prisoners. Tywin Lannister finds Aria amusing, but that's the extent of it. She is still a prisoner, and no one is going to supply wardrobe accessories to prisoners.

FYI, during the US Civil War, a few women did join the ranks as soldiers, but they could only get away with it by pretending to be men, dressing like men, etc. If found out, they would be discharged, but it's not like anyone had women's clothing handy to redress them before sending them on their way.
          Last edited by DemosCat; 10 August 2012, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I have not read the books and I don’t have cable, so I am just about to start watching Season 3 after getting it on Blu-Ray yesterday. In preparation for watching it I went back last night and watched the last 3 episodes of Season 2, which I had not watched since last year. I have questions about something that happened in Valar Morghulis that I don’t understand and I don’t see that it has been mentioned in this thread.

Rob’s men surrounded Winterfell with the instructions that all of the Greyjoys, but Theon, could surrender and return to the Iron Isles. The Greyjoys turn on Theon and leave. Maester Luwin tells Osha to take the boys to the Wall. This raises so many questions.

Why would he tell Osha to do that? How will they slip out of a city that is surrounded and why would they when their liberators are the people surrounding the city?

Who burned the city and murdered everyone? If the Greyjoys did it then why would they be allowed to leave?

Why did it look like no one was around when Bran, Rickon, and company left the city?

I just have no clue what happened there. Why would the Greyjoys burn the city, murder everyone, and risk their own safety when they were being let go? Why would the boys run from Rob’s men? That whole situation just made no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
              I have not read the books and I don’t have cable, so I am just about to start watching Season 3 after getting it on Blu-Ray yesterday. In preparation for watching it I went back last night and watched the last 3 episodes of Season 2, which I had not watched since last year. I have questions about something that happened in Valar Morghulis that I don’t understand and I don’t see that it has been mentioned in this thread.

Rob’s men surrounded Winterfell with the instructions that all of the Greyjoys, but Theon, could surrender and return to the Iron Isles. The Greyjoys turn on Theon and leave. Maester Luwin tells Osha to take the boys to the Wall. This raises so many questions.

Why would he tell Osha to do that? How will they slip out of a city that is surrounded and why would they when their liberators are the people surrounding the city?

Who burned the city and murdered everyone? If the Greyjoys did it then why would they be allowed to leave?

Why did it look like no one was around when Bran, Rickon, and company left the city?

I just have no clue what happened there. Why would the Greyjoys burn the city, murder everyone, and risk their own safety when they were being let go? Why would the boys run from Rob’s men? That whole situation just made no sense.
              I would explain, but I'm not sure which events were late season two and what happened in early season 3 anymore... I think it would be safest if you just start watching season 3, because then I won't accidentally spoil something for you. You'll probably understand it when you see more of Theon's scenes.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
              X