• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valar Morghulis (210)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON TWO
    VALAR MORGHULIS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210
    Tyrion finds his situation drastically reversed, and Theon Greyjoy decides whether to flee Winterfell or fight to the death. Jon must prove his worth to his captors, while Robb faces a personal decision. Brienne encounters resistance while attempting to convey her prisoner to King's Landing, and Daenerys enters the House of the Undying to retrieve her dragons.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 08 June 2012, 02:41 PM.

It's interesting how the early elements of Storm of Swords have been incorporated into the season finale. It's going to be a long 10 months until season 3.

Tyrion has some massive reversals to overcome. But this is Tyrion. Whatever setbacks he's endured in the past, he's been able to overcome... and in style too. The scene where he breaks down in front of Shae was heartbreaking. I know that Varys isn't exactly the most sincere person in the world in the books. But the TV Varys seemed absolutely sincere in his sympathy for Tyrion's situation. I don't think he likes Cersei, Littlefinger, or Tywin any more than Tyrion does.

Shae was quite right when she said Tyrion doesn't belong in King's Landing or his family.

Spoiler:
    And Tyrion will eventually end up in Pentos regardless.

Stannis challenging Melisandre was one of my favorite moments of the season. He's right back where he began at Dragonstone and he's pissed. For the very first time, we see some genuine remorse over Renly's death. Excellent moments. Of course, Melisandre is going to counter with fire hypnosis.

Theon... oh goodness. Even Maester Luwin can see he's only playing at being Ironborn. Of course Dagmer and the other Ironborn could see it too.

I loved the entire sequence with Dany in the House of the Undying. I do like the book version better because of the visions she experienced. But these visions were quite unexpected. The vision of snow in King's Landing was eerie. But the vision of Dany at the Wall... That sent chills down my spine--incredibly powerful. I get the feeling that those visions will come to pass in the TV series, if not the books. Dany imprisoning Xaro and Irri in his "treasure" vault was quite satisfying to watch, especially with the awesome music to accompany it.

Jaqen: Awesomeness. Arya has an interesting journey ahead of her. It's interesting that Jaqen is talking about offering names to the Red God...

Spoiler:
    ...when the Faceless Men serve a different god.

Winterfell in ruins... But ending the season with the coming battle in the ice--awesomeness.

It'll be a such a long wait until next year. *sigh* But I know the wait will be worth it.
    Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 04 June 2012, 03:06 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      It's interesting how the early elements of Storm of Swords have been incorporated into the season premiere. It's going to be a long 10 months until season 3.

Tyrion has some massive reversals to overcome. But this is Tyrion. Whatever setbacks he's endured in the past, he's been able to overcome... and in style too. The scene where he breaks down in front of Shae was heartbreaking. I know that Varys isn't exactly the most sincere person in the world in the books. But the TV Varys seemed absolutely sincere in his sympathy for Tyrion's situation. I don't think he likes Cersei, Littlefinger, or Tywin any more than Tyrion does.

Shae was quite right when she said Tyrion doesn't belong in King's Landing or his family.

Spoiler:
      And Tyrion will eventually end up in Pentos regardless.

Stannis challenging Melisandre was one of my favorite moments of the season. He's right back where he began at Dragonstone and he's pissed. For the very first time, we see some genuine remorse over Renly's death. Excellent moments. Of course, Melisandre is going to counter with fire hypnosis.

Theon... oh goodness. Even Maester Luwin can see he's only playing at being Ironborn. Of course Dagmer and the other Ironborn could see it too.

I loved the entire sequence with Dany in the House of the Undying. I do like the book version better because of the visions she experienced. But these visions were quite unexpected. The vision of snow in King's Landing was eerie. But the vision of Dany at the Wall... That sent chills down my spine--incredibly powerful. I get the feeling that those visions will come to pass in the TV series, if not the books. Dany imprisoning Xaro and Irri in his "treasure" vault was quite satisfying to watch, especially with the awesome music to accompany it.

Jaquen: Awesomeness. Arya has an interesting journey ahead of her. It's interesting that Jaqen is talking about offering names to the Red God...

Spoiler:
      ...when the Faceless Men serve a different god.

Winterfell in ruins... But ending the season with the coming battle in the ice--awesomeness.

It'll be a such a long wait until next year. *sigh* But I know the wait will be worth it.
      You mean Doreah . Irri was killed earlier.

Not fair...Not fair at all that they ended it that way. I know now I can't wait until next year. I was juggling with it for weeks but I have decided I am going to catch up on the books this summer. I can't wait until next year, and especially so since they are splitting the book into two seasons.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        You mean Doreah . Irri was killed earlier.

Not fair...Not fair at all that they ended it that way. I know now I can't wait until next year. I was juggling with it for weeks but I have decided I am going to catch up on the books this summer. I can't wait until next year, and especially so since they are splitting the book into two seasons.
        I always mixed up Dany's handmaidens for some reason. But you're correct that Irri had been scragged already. Doreah being a turncoat was quite surprising.

I think you'll like A Storm of Swords. I personally did not like A Feast for Crows that much. A Dance with Dragons though, I really found interesting.
        sigpic

Comment

I loved the episode, though Blackwater will probably be my favorite of season two. I can understand how most of the departures from the book might be necessary for the sake of time constraints, but putting Doreah with Xaro puzzled me. I can't think of what purpose that served.

I liked the tour of the House of the Undying but had looked forward to Dany always following the first door on the right. Funny how different details of the book are important to different readers.

This is at least the second episode with Jaquen speaking of serving the Red God.
          Spoiler:
          I guess this means the Faceless God was dropped from the TV series for the sake of simplicity. In which case, it's probably ok to lose the spoiler tags?

Comment

I just had to laugh at the end, ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!

I didn't mind Dany's visions being shortened. ANd y eah, I think it's quite prophetic, the Dany at the wall, King's Landing in ruins and in the grip of winter. Perhaps a warning? that she's fighting to become the 'rightful ruler' of a land in the grip of winter. A winter that may last her whole life.

That's one thing they've aleuded to in the book a lot, the price of the winter to come. With the nations at war harvests aren't being brought in, 'glass gardens' are being wrecked, food is being taken to feed the armies and they have years/decades of winter ahead of them and very few if any have the foodstores laid in to survive it.

I would go ahead and read the books. I read them last summer, finally finished dance with dragons a few months ago. You remember a lot, but you also don't remember every detail, which is fine given that the show is glossing over some, dropping others, inserting others.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Click the smilies.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the finale, but not as much as I did the first season finale. I thought it was a really good episode, but not one of my favorites. I loved the scenes with Arya and Jaquen, Sansa and Littlefinger, Brienne and Jaime, and Theon and Maeter Luwin. I also really enjoyed the scene at Kings Landing with Varys and Tyrion(loved Varys in this episode). I wish there had been more of Jon, Sam, and the Night's Watch in these past few episodes(and in the rest of the series lol, I'm a bit biased though, since the parts of the books that take place in the North and north of the Wall are my favorites). Oh, and what happened to Ghost, is he supposed to be missing. I don't remember the last time I saw that direwolf(I wish there was more of the direwolves too, especially Ghost lol)

Until this episode I liked the changes to Dany's and Robb's part in the story, I actually ended up liking the tv characters more than I ever did their book counterparts(until this episode anyway). Dany's visions in the House of the undying were pretty cool though(but I still prefer the visions she had in the book), especially the one of ruined looking throne room with snow falling. It looked eerie, but very pretty(imo). Her "rescue" of the dragons seemed weird and kind of corny to me(the dragons looked cool though).
                I was never a fan of Robb's marriage in the books(nor of Robb himself), but I liked the tv version of his marriage a lot less, he comes off even weaker(even less of a good candidate for the throne).

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                I just had to laugh at the end, ZOMBIES!!!!!!!!!
                When the wight army went past Sam my first reaction was LOL ZOMBIES!!!
                I thought the Others on their zombie horses looked really cool, and so did the zombies even if I did lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  Click the smilies.

Spoiler:

Those are really cool I was actually to go look for pics of the Others from this ep, but you saved me the trouble lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                    Click the smilies.

Spoiler:

christ that middle one is going to HAUNT MY DREAMS

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                      This is at least the second episode with Jaquen speaking of serving the Red God.
                      Spoiler:
                      I guess this means the Faceless God was dropped from the TV series for the sake of simplicity. In which case, it's probably ok to lose the spoiler tags?
                      Spoiler:
                      If they're going to leave out the Many-Faced God aspect of the Faceless Men, I'll be rather disappointed. Their religion and Arya's journey in Braavos are some of the most fascinating aspects of the series. I'm not in favor lumping of them all in with the R'hllorapalooza rigamarole associated with Melisandre and her ilk. For one thing, the the Faceless Men are not nearly so blunt with their proselytizing.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      Until this episode I liked the changes to Dany's and Robb's part in the story, I actually ended up liking the tv characters more than I ever did their book counterparts(until this episode anyway). Dany's visions in the House of the undying were pretty cool though(but I still prefer the visions she had in the book), especially the one of ruined looking throne room with snow falling. It looked eerie, but very pretty(imo). Her "rescue" of the dragons seemed weird and kind of corny to me(the dragons looked cool though).
                      I'm glad we got a chance to see the dragons up close. We saw Drogon in detail earlier in the season and seeing Viserion and Rhaegal up close was great.
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 04 June 2012, 05:21 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

and more confirmation of her immunity to flames

sigpic

Comment

Someone spoiler coldfuzz's post, he didn't do it right

Not looking, not looking...
                          sigpic

Comment

how's that?

sigpic

Comment

Apologies for the snafu with the spoiler tags. That's what I get for hastily posting something on an iPhone.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X