No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say kill Charlie & the bro & make the Uncle & that one chick from that other show the main characters. Then we have a watchable show

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
      I say kill Charlie & the bro & make the Uncle & that one chick from that other show the main characters. Then we have a watchable show
      What? That's clear. The uncle and "that one chick from that other show" of course, since there's only one "chick from that other show".

This was a great continuation of the show and I really liked Charlie in this episode. So far we only saw her kill one other person and that was to protect family. Being proactive and killing someone who isn't a threat to you, your family, or your objective is a BIG thing. I read the review on IGN and they felt it was inconsistent. I felt it was entirely consistent with her character.

Maybe we see a character kill one person and we expect them not to have any qualms about killing anybody else. But that's not true.

I really liked the actors they have on the show and I think they are moving the the right directions not beating around the bush with the central mystery. I assume that Charlie's stepmother and friend will be stumbling over the clues to wear Charlie's daddy wanted them to go.

I have a theory on
      Spoiler:
      how the computers with power are interconnected

and that theory is
      Spoiler:
      They are connecting with satellites that are outside the field of influence from whatever turned off the power. The only problem with that is computers do not connect directly with satellites they connect to a series of machines and then to a dish that transmits the data. But since the power is gone then how do they achieve connections over vast distances.

Then I imagine the equipment in that room shown at the end of episode 1 contains all that functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
        What? That's clear. The uncle and "that one chick from that other show" of course, since there's only one "chick from that other show".

This was a great continuation of the show and I really liked Charlie in this episode. So far we only saw her kill one other person and that was to protect family. Being proactive and killing someone who isn't a threat to you, your family, or your objective is a BIG thing. I read the review on IGN and they felt it was inconsistent. I felt it was entirely consistent with her character.

Maybe we see a character kill one person and we expect them not to have any qualms about killing anybody else. But that's not true.

I really liked the actors they have on the show and I think they are moving the the right directions not beating around the bush with the central mystery. I assume that Charlie's stepmother and friend will be stumbling over the clues to wear Charlie's daddy wanted them to go.

I have a theory on
        Spoiler:
        how the computers with power are interconnected

and that theory is
        Spoiler:
        They are connecting with satellites that are outside the field of influence from whatever turned off the power. The only problem with that is computers do not connect directly with satellites they connect to a series of machines and then to a dish that transmits the data. But since the power is gone then how do they achieve connections over vast distances.

Then I imagine the equipment in that room shown at the end of episode 1 contains all that functionality.
        To lazy for spoiler tags since they removed the button. So that chick from that other show is good enough

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
          I feel an impending sense of dumb coming on.
          I feeling an impending sense of this show being another The Event. Except that show started out promising before becoming a train wreck; this show was already going off the rails once the intro (the blackout) was over and we got to the present (15 years after the blackout).

The only parts I have liked so far have been the scenes with Giancarlo Esposito, and that's only because I love watching him as an actor; his lines and character have been rather generic.

I'm going to pass on this one for the rest of the season. If it turns out to be good, I'll watch the DVDs.

Comment

So far, this seems to have a lot more momentum for me than The Event had ever did.

I don't think it is dragging on, it's only been 2 episodes. And they already have two of the main characters looking for Grace who I assume is the "girl from the other show" who helped Charlie's brother with the asthma. So they are now waiting for her story to cross with the others, they are actively getting the threads to mix and mingle.

Comment

I have already given up on the show Revolution, that whiny girl made it impossible to watch it,, she just makes life miserable for everyone trying to help her.. once again the writers have moron kids ruining shows... the kids whine, get their way, and good guys get killed because of their tantrums.. 2 minutes long verizon commercials really suck..

not putting up with crappy acting and crappy writing,, and the shows trying to please everyone... if you have really bad people trying to kil good people, at least show it that way, don't soften it up for whiny kids who stay up past bedtime..
              My Story:
              http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...emiere/149991/

I thought it would drop more but Revolution got a 3.5 HH in the 18-49 demo and 9.29 million viewers Live +SD. Surprised it kept that much after the pilot
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I must admit I'd prefer the focus to be on the adults instead of the kids, but the story line is still intriguing me. I like the use of flashbacks; I was worried they would not let us know about the early days of the blackout but they are handling it well. It adds to the character development.

I still really wish it wasn't up against Hawaii 50 and Castle though; it really splits the audience. Time-shifting or catching episodes on line do work, but there's still something about watching something live.
                  Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I'm glad they are using Tom Guinee (Tomin in SG-1) more. I like him from the few things I've seen him in, and I would have been disappointed if he had only been in the pilot. Glad he gets some more screen time during the flashbacks.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                      I have already given up on the show Revolution, that whiny girl made it impossible to watch it,, she just makes life miserable for everyone trying to help her.. once again the writers have moron kids ruining shows... the kids whine, get their way, and good guys get killed because of their tantrums.. 2 minutes long verizon commercials really suck..

not putting up with crappy acting and crappy writing,, and the shows trying to please everyone... if you have really bad people trying to kil good people, at least show it that way, don't soften it up for whiny kids who stay up past bedtime..
                      Whiny kids? Whiny about what? Her mother died and her father just got killed and now her brother is caught and probably going to die as well. Oh that's just another Tuesday afternoon for you, huh retiredat44? Those are nothing serious to get emotional about.

So what her father died, boo hoo. She's lucky he didn't come back as a vampire and kill her. I agree completely and understand what you mean, so what she lost her entire support system and now has to find her uncle and get her brother back. She's lucky those guys wanted to rape her in the airplane, who would touch that, right? She deserved it, I know your thinking. The writers should have had her get raped and killed, so pure-hearted and intelligent people like you and me, won't have to worry about them catering to whiny kids. I understand completely. I hear you, retiredat44. I hear you crystal clear.

It's not like these characters will ever change or grow. People like you and me know, networks will just keep these actors playing one-dimensional characters. You gotta have the token black guy who goes from town to town enforcing the law of the militia, you gotta have a bad guy that wants to kill or capture the protagonists, you gotta have the whiny kids (cause that whiny kid demographics is like age 0 to 34, so you gotta cater to them), etc. Trust me, I understand, your plight.

Oh and how dare the show's writers have 2 minute long verzion commercials. What were they thinking? They should know better. It's better to have a series of 5-10 second commercials.

Oh and yeah, the show is trying to please everyone. God forbid, they show people getting killed in cold blood. You know they won't show someone attempt to rape anyone. nor would they show people getting locked up and put to slave labor.

Oh and you know they aren't going to have armed militia taking away guns, that's a easy way to lose the NRA demographic.

Hell, why is this show even on NBC? Everyone knows those channels cater to whiny kids because they will never show blood and guts like AMC or excessive cursing like HBO. This show should be on a cable channel, that's the only proper way isn't it?

retiredat44, I know you didn't truthfully mean any of this, but seriously. One episode, that's all you got to give. Most shows change a lot from the pilot episode, but the basics stay there.

Please, see past some who's crying cause their whole family is gone and not see them as whiny. I've seen husbands whose wives had them let out so they could save their children during the flooding of New Orleans by Katrina. The lost of the people you love and care about is not whining. It's shows care and unimaginable lost.

This show isn't going to have the kill cry about the lost of her family in every episode, but I would EXPECT that the character would cry when talking about the lost of their family.

Yes, these are fictional characters, but at least they are not unrelatable us human beings. Some of them have experienced lost and they are portraying that lost...in ONE episode.

I can tell you in the second episode she doesn't cry. It was just there to give the character emotional weight in the first episode.

But if you are so superior to us that you wouldn't or haven't cried when members of your support system, people close to you die, then I feel sorry for you. Cause you just seem to lack empathy and the willingness to connect.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...emiere/149991/

I thought it would drop more but Revolution got a 3.5 HH in the 18-49 demo and 9.29 million viewers Live +SD. Surprised it kept that much after the pilot
                      It's a good show and I thrilled others feel it's worth watching.

Comment

You want whiny, look at the comments on the Revolution Facebook. People keep asking the stupidest questions over and over - "Why do they use swords?" Umm because guns are illegal and you get killed for owning one! "Why are their clothes clean?" Because water does not need electricity to function, and so forth. Really bums me out.

And these are people who half watch the episode ONCE and then complain about so called "plot holes".

Comment

It's not so much that the clothes look so clean, it's that they look brand new, and so well made. Fifteen years with no factories to produce new clothes, or new fabric to make clothes, means that new clothes of that quality will no longer be a common item.

Once the permanence of the blackout set in (probably within the first year), all of the new clothes would be gone (sold off, in the areas that still had some degree of order, and stolen everywhere else), followed by all of the fabric and other materials needed to make clothes.

Add in 10-15 years of washing a much smaller number of items (these people fled the cities, so they only took a handful of items), and their clothes should look much more worn and faded.

So unless each of these communities that we've seen have someone that used to be a professional tailor or seamstress, the clothes the characters are wearing would not look like they just came off the rack at Gap.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            I'm glad they are using Tom Guinee (Tomin in SG-1) more. I like him from the few things I've seen him in, and I would have been disappointed if he had only been in the pilot. Glad he gets some more screen time during the flashbacks.
                            Same here, I'd like to see a lot more of him, as well.
                            so far I'm liking the show a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                              Same here, I'd like to see a lot more of him, as well.
                              so far I'm liking the show a lot.
                              Truly he is a terrific actor. I loved him in Stargate SG-1 and Stargate SG-1: Ark of Truth. His character is an important look at how believers within the Ori noticed how they started interpreting the book in a much more violet manner than how they were originally taught.

Anyway, I do look forward to see more of him. It's a shame it's only in small doses

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pantaloons View Post
                                It's not so much that the clothes look so clean, it's that they look brand new, and so well made. Fifteen years with no factories to produce new clothes, or new fabric to make clothes, means that new clothes of that quality will no longer be a common item.
                                15 years is a long time and im sure they would have had to make/repair clothes during that time, they must have gotten pretty good at it.

Once the permanence of the blackout set in (probably within the first year), all of the new clothes would be gone (sold off, in the areas that still had some degree of order, and stolen everywhere else), followed by all of the fabric and other materials needed to make clothes.
                                The average person has lots of clothes that they barely wear, if you abadoned home you would leave lots of clothes behind, clothes others would find years later. Plus there are factories, warehouses and trucks full of them lying around. In the market scene you see a bunch of clothes in the background that lookin good condition.

Add in 10-15 years of washing a much smaller number of items (these people fled the cities, so they only took a handful of items), and their clothes should look much more worn and faded.
                                If you only use water your clothes last a lot longer, and cleaning chemicals would not be common place.

So unless each of these communities that we've seen have someone that used to be a professional tailor or seamstress, the clothes the characters are wearing would not look like they just came off the rack at Gap.
                                There may well be, or maybe over the years they learned.

Comment

Working...
                                X