No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice... though the sucky thing is i will be missing a few eps while i move fro gulfport up to columbus oh.

Comment

I just heard the news!

So IN YOUR FACE naysayers, this at least means that even if the show gets cancelled second season at least there was a bigger first season.

(PS. Anyone else kind of annoyed at shows these days have only 13 episodes? (and yes I am aware it saves money))

Comment

Good...good...
        sigpic

Comment

I am glad to hear Revolution has been given a full season order. The wife and I are really enjoying this so far.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Not surprising. Only utter flops don't get the full season
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Well, flops can be either flops with the critics or flops with the fans.
              sigpic

Comment

All that matter is flops with the ratings
                Jelgate is right

Comment

All that matter is flops with the ratings
                  True.
                  sigpic

Comment

I am glad we got a chance, now lets see how it will develop from here...
                    sigpic

Comment

terra nova

Comment

Terra Nova is the exception to the rule because of its massive budget and long production schedule
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                          I liked the third episode much more than the second ! The characters are rally growing on you and why does the Jacob actor play in almost every show since lost ? I like that guy but he is definitley overused ! How are the ratings ? It does look good though, doesn't it ? Hope we get a full season order soon...
                          Who's Jacob?

Comment

Originally posted by mrja84 View Post
                            who's jacob?
                            l o s t

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                              l o s t
                              Oh Mark, well he is most certainly, under used. He is such a terrific actor I have fun everytime I watch him.

Comment

I caught up with the series (episode 3) and caught up with this thread. Observations:
                                • WOW, there was a lot of hate for this show before the pilot ever aired. I'm surprised by the intensity of the criticism for aspects perceived as unrealistic. I mean, how can people so extremely displeased by flaws in realism enjoy the Stargate franchise? I enjoy nitpicking and discussing flaws, too, especially in the shows that I enjoy. Revolution hadn't even aired, however, and posters had decided the show was awful.
                                • Clothes and cosmetics. Yeah, pretty damned good for 15 years after cataclysm. The cosmetics in Game of Thrones is impressive, too. Television viewers like to see pretty people. Get over it.
                                • We don't yet know how many people died in the first year after the "event", but I imagine billions starved to death (or died of dehydration when municipal water systems ceased to function). In industrialized economies, if you can't quickly transport the food supply from where it's grown to where it's consumed, people starve. When people and their children starve, they do ANYTHING for survival. It would have become very brutal, very quickly.
                                • For those who didn't horribly die in the months following the cataclysm, the new world doesn't look so bad. Well, as long as you're relatively healthy and uninjured. (It's gotta be brutal for people with chronic injuries, pain, disease, etc.)

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                                that whiny girl made it impossible to watch it,, she just makes life miserable for everyone trying to help her.. once again the writers have moron kids ruining shows... the kids whine, get their way, and good guys get killed because of their tantrums.
                                I'm not enamored with the all the young leads in recent shows, but let's be fair: Charlie learned from the experience. Only one episode later, she herself was killing. Less whiny. More understanding. I like to see character growth. Good job, showrunners.

Conclusion: I'm cautiously optimistic. I think I'll enjoy the show despite a number of flaws. I'm pessimistic toward its chances for renewal. Shows like this don't have a good track record for surviving long.

Comment

Working...
                                X