No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife and I really enjoyed the mid-season finale. We both can't wait to see where things go from here.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

finally was able to watch the last 2 episodes.
      predictable. mildly ok.
      they should have killed monroe, and been done with that arc, because he's a terrible villain. and i don't want the whole series (should it come to that) to be able their war with this one guy. they should move off and go someplace else. I'd like to see what's happening around the rest of the country.

it's probably monroe flying the chopper.

i'm actually more interested in how they got the rights to the Zeppelin songs. LZ is notoriously stingy when it comes to letting their music be used like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
        finally was able to watch the last 2 episodes.
        predictable. mildly ok.
        they should have killed monroe, and been done with that arc, because he's a terrible villain. and i don't want the whole series (should it come to that) to be able their war with this one guy. they should move off and go someplace else. I'd like to see what's happening around the rest of the country.

it's probably monroe flying the chopper.

i'm actually more interested in how they got the rights to the Zeppelin songs. LZ is notoriously stingy when it comes to letting their music be used like that.
        Unless he has a clone, there's no way it's Monroe flying the helicopter.

Comment

Yup he's standing on the water tower (for now).

Comment

I will be eagerly awaiting the return of this show after the New Year.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I will be eagerly awaiting the return of this show after the New Year.
              Which supposedly will be in March.

Comment

they should have killed monroe, and been done with that arc, because he's a terrible villain. and i don't want the whole series (should it come to that) to be able their war with this one guy.
                I have to agree... Monroe has been the ultimate of Darth Vader stereotypes and there's only so much they could pump out of the fact that they're "former friends". The only way it could be salvaged is if they provided a decent explination about the establishment of the militia and how they broke up (I don't buy that Monroe is that evil) but they had their chance in the season finale and they didn't do it.

Besides, how else will they provide tension? Miles is out for Monroe's blood and Nevil's possibly going to take his spot. (in fact, him taking his spot is very interesting mainly due to the fact that he's a better character than Monroe.)

they should move off and go someplace else. I'd like to see what's happening around the rest of the country.
                I would to, I would also like to see some people who are able to embrace the technologies of the past and the utilization of science and nature as a whole but since this is basically "Star Wars"; our heroes get prime focus.

I think I have a idea what happened.

*cue led zeppelin in a room discussing business matters*
                LED ZEPPELIN: Okay, so what venues will we utilize for our World Tour.
                *we then hear a knock*
                LED ZEPPELIN: Who is it.
                CHARLIE (in the most direct and unromantic voice possible: It's one of your faithful fans.
                *led zeppelin nods, then goes to the door and opens it: reveal charlie in the most ridiculously provocative outfit there is.*
                LED ZEPPELIN: Hey there beautiful.
                CHARLIE: Hello boys.
                *charlie then makes an emotion that's supposed to resemble sexuality but instead resembles constipation.
                CHARLIE: Oh you guys are turning me on.
                LED ZEPPELIN: Yeah...
                *at this point, led zeppelin begin to stand worried. Charlie then approaches one of the band members in the most unsexual way possible.
                CHARLIE: I'm going to make you shine you crazy diamond.
                LED ZEPPELIN: Uh that's not one of our songs.
                CHARLIE: Then what is?
                *charlie than unbuttons her tops a bit than does a crazy thing licking her mouth; it's like she's forcing her jaw open, trying with all of her might to move the tongue around; it is crazily stretched out, looking more like a funhouse mirror than a person.*
                LED ZEPPELIN: Okay, okay! We give in, we'll let you use our songs.
                CHARLIE: But I.
                LED ZEPPELIN: Promise us that we'll never see you again.
                CHARLIE: But...
                LED ZEPPELIN: Please???
                *charlie hesitates, than accepts.*
                CHARLIE: Okay, I accept.
                LED ZEPPELIN: Good, now run along miss.
                *charlie leaves, once she leaves the once strong band begins breaking down in tears, crying, sobbing, some even curdling on the ground; they try to reassure themselves but to no avail.*
                Back from the grave.

Comment

I liked this episode a lot although I was quite disappointed by the so called cliffhanger...but still, I liked it. It will be interesting to see how to show will be if you're watching it without breaks on DVD....
                  sigpic

Comment

Monroe's an alright villian, but I wholeheartedly agree with those who say he should have died. It was a good arc. End it.

Remember when Sylar was killed at the end of Heroes season one? Sylar was a great villian, and his death was a perfect end to the season's story. Bringing him back in season two was the worst mistake the show ever made. It was lazy writing. They had plenty of other ideas to mine for new story arcs.

It's easier to continue writing for the same old characters, but it's not always good story-telling. Kill the character. Let a different character fill the vacuum created by the death. Introduce a new personality, or develop an existing one. (Neville would be interesting as new leader of Monroe militia.) Complicate the story. Enrich it. Don't be safe and boring. That's what I'd tell the Revolution writers.

That said, I still enjoy the series and will surely watch it when it returns next year.

Comment

The thing with Monroe is that they want to tell the story about how two really close friends, practically brothers, did so much together and now are at opposite ends. While I was expecting them to kill Monroe, after seeing the look in his eye when Miles chose family over him...there is still more to tell with the story and the relationship. Before Monroe truely cared about Miles...now the hatred in his eyes...he's going to be more vicious then ever so while people may want him to die because they think the story is old..it's not, it's just beginning because it's changed....

I for one am looking forward to seeing just how far down Monroe is going to fall to try to kill Miles, which given his style, will most likely be at any costs.

And I can see Neville trying a coup at some point to take over Monroe's empire.
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                        The thing with Monroe is that they want to tell the story about how two really close friends, practically brothers, did so much together and now are at opposite ends. While I was expecting them to kill Monroe, after seeing the look in his eye when Miles chose family over him...there is still more to tell with the story and the relationship. Before Monroe truely cared about Miles...now the hatred in his eyes...he's going to be more vicious then ever so while people may want him to die because they think the story is old..it's not, it's just beginning because it's changed...
                        The only thing that's changed in my opinion is that they met face to face and now any sort of recollection is off the table.

The main issue with this plot to me is that there's a lack of explanation that gets in the way. Earlier in the season there were flashbacks of them together which hinted that Miles started the Militia, (since he mainly comments on how abused those guys are; Monroe just followed him.) adding to that is the type of stuff Miles did and how he's known as one of the top dogs; heck it seems like his legacy eclipses that of Monroe and you definitely don't get that type of legacy just sitting around.

I don't buy the fact that "Monroe is evil" and I certainly don't buy the whole "assassination" plot, it would be better if Monroe was the main star but since it wasn't it just makes the whole "I should of killed you" thing feel weightless. If there was something regarding the whole position of power thing than yeah, maybe but as it is "Monroe" is the forced villain (though with some concerns regarding electricity) and every attempt to force that down our throats will just lose me; in fact I disliked the flashbacks that they've shown mainly because it forced the contrast while allowing the characters themselves to neglect the explanation aspect of it.

The only thing they could of done to make it work is if Monroe was cautious about the people, not Miles.

I for one am looking forward to seeing just how far down Monroe is going to fall to try to kill Miles, which given his style, will most likely be at any costs.
                        The most hilarious thing about the second half of the season will be the utilization of the amplifier to kill a group of 4 people according to NBC promos. I mean it's hilarious, he has power that could be utilized to fight off those Georgia Federation guys or further his supposed position as emperor of the former united states (again, some scenes show some concern for his country.) but instead, he's utilizing it as a vendetta.

I imagine he'll be supper pissed that he wasted the power (when he loses it) in a futile attempt to kill them.

This I'm looking forward to. Neville is just a better character than Monroe and to see his type of sinister but devoted personality in the hands of this guy would instantly draw me in.
                        Back from the grave.

Comment

The thing with Monroe is that they want to tell the story about how two really close friends, practically brothers, did so much together and now are at opposite ends. While I was expecting them to kill Monroe, after seeing the look in his eye when Miles chose family over him...there is still more to tell with the story and the relationship. Before Monroe truely cared about Miles...now the hatred in his eyes...he's going to be more vicious then ever so while people may want him to die because they think the story is old..it's not, it's just beginning because it's changed....

I like the Monroe/Miles dynamic and their story; I find it interesting. I agree that there still is more story to tell. The first season isn't even over yet, so it would have been too soon to kill off Monroe(imo).

I don't think Monroe is evil(or that he's supposed to be evil). He's a villian, but villians don't necessarily have to be evil. I like villians that I can kind of feel sympathy for(and I do feel kind of bad for Monroe). He's gone a bit insane, moreso after Miles left him, and I also think he'll be even more dangerous/unhinged during the second half of the season(since Miles rejected him/tried to kill him again). I think that will be, what causes Neville to take his wife's advice, and try to overthrow Monroe. I like Neville as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that all plays out(however it plays out).

I'm also looking forward to seeing more of Randall(?) and Grace. I think they really need to do more with that part of the story. It feels too much in the backround.
                          sigpic

Comment

We know Miles and monroe started the militia together, and hek miles was even one of the commanding generals of it for a time. All i can think of is that maybe he started seeing too much of the power corrupting monroe so left.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              We know Miles and monroe started the militia together, and hek miles was even one of the commanding generals of it for a time. All i can think of is that maybe he started seeing too much of the power corrupting monroe so left.
                              But that doesn't explain the cruel things he's done; things such as separating parents from their children and oppressing the masses. If he was pure then why would he do the same evil stuff that Monroe was doing?

Again, all things could of been resolved had Monroe started the Militia and Miles been second in command to him.
                              Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                                I have to agree... Monroe has been the ultimate of Darth Vader stereotypes and there's only so much they could pump out of the fact that they're "former friends". The only way it could be salvaged is if they provided a decent explination about the establishment of the militia and how they broke up (I don't buy that Monroe is that evil) but they had their chance in the season finale and they didn't do it.

Besides, how else will they provide tension? Miles is out for Monroe's blood and Nevil's possibly going to take his spot. (in fact, him taking his spot is very interesting mainly due to the fact that he's a better character than Monroe.)

I would to, I would also like to see some people who are able to embrace the technologies of the past and the utilization of science and nature as a whole but since this is basically "Star Wars"; our heroes get prime focus.

I think I have a idea what happened.

*cue led zeppelin in a room discussing business matters*
                                LED ZEPPELIN: Okay, so what venues will we utilize for our World Tour.
                                *we then hear a knock*
                                LED ZEPPELIN: Who is it.
                                CHARLIE (in the most direct and unromantic voice possible: It's one of your faithful fans.
                                *led zeppelin nods, then goes to the door and opens it: reveal charlie in the most ridiculously provocative outfit there is.*
                                LED ZEPPELIN: Hey there beautiful.
                                CHARLIE: Hello boys.
                                *charlie then makes an emotion that's supposed to resemble sexuality but instead resembles constipation.
                                CHARLIE: Oh you guys are turning me on.
                                LED ZEPPELIN: Yeah...
                                *at this point, led zeppelin begin to stand worried. Charlie then approaches one of the band members in the most unsexual way possible.
                                CHARLIE: I'm going to make you shine you crazy diamond.
                                LED ZEPPELIN: Uh that's not one of our songs.
                                CHARLIE: Then what is?
                                *charlie than unbuttons her tops a bit than does a crazy thing licking her mouth; it's like she's forcing her jaw open, trying with all of her might to move the tongue around; it is crazily stretched out, looking more like a funhouse mirror than a person.*
                                LED ZEPPELIN: Okay, okay! We give in, we'll let you use our songs.
                                CHARLIE: But I.
                                LED ZEPPELIN: Promise us that we'll never see you again.
                                CHARLIE: But...
                                LED ZEPPELIN: Please???
                                *charlie hesitates, than accepts.*
                                CHARLIE: Okay, I accept.
                                LED ZEPPELIN: Good, now run along miss.
                                *charlie leaves, once she leaves the once strong band begins breaking down in tears, crying, sobbing, some even curdling on the ground; they try to reassure themselves but to no avail.*
                                That came across as INCREDIBLY sexist and, although I am male, incredibly offensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X