No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta say I'm looking forward to this show. There's not much good on lately besides Falling Skies, and I need my Scifi fix. The premise definitely sounds interesting.

Comment

After fringe will end next season I really hope, despite all the critics, that this show gains enough followers to run for three or four seasons, I mean chuck made it somehow to five seasons, fringe as well ( different network though ) and with the names attached to this show there is a good chance that it gets renewed at least for a second season, it should do like the network Starz, renew it before it even airs , priceless dedication to a show which I wished other networks would show ( no pun intended ) as well !
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        In my opinion there are only two or maybe three good shows starting next fall and i think wih Revolution being kind of a sci fi show it deserves its own thread where all new news and stuff can be posted here the new looking awesome trailer is here, but if you don't want to be spoiled, you should not watch it because it explains quite a bit on what will go on in the first episodes, with how they treated chuck and community im fearly postivie that it has a chance beyond season one especially with the names attached to the show eric kripke ( Supernatural ) and J.J.Abrams ( Alias, Lost, Fringe, Star Trek ):

Have fun,
        been seeing the previews for this all over the TV, but never that one.. Man am i stoked for this. Since iirc that was the same channel that did Terra nova, whether the same thing might happen.

Premise sounds interesting but I think it once again depends on what direction they choose to go with the show. Terra Nova had an interesting concept for a show but ultimately failed because the show runners didn't go the direction most people expected.
        From what i understand a lot also didn't like the kids being such screw ups.

In the show electricity seems to have stopped working, but they have firearms, so combustion still must work. Which means that they would be back to 19th century technology, with steam engines etc. Which means the whole post apocalyptic shtick, with the overgrown cities is rubbish. For most of the history of human civilisation people managed without electricity, and they managed to happily create civilisation. So if electricity stopped working you might see the U.S breakup and the states each becoming their own smaller 19th century style countries. To be honest that premise sounds rather more interesting than watching this.
        Maybe cause we as a society have gotten so USED to/dependent on the tech to do stuff for us, we will have a hard time going back to the old ways..

Have you gone 1 year without all the electric gadgets you use? Even after a day without my computer or iPod i feel strange. Also people are so reliant on machines to make things, the average person has no clue how to do anything. Someone living in a 15th floor apartment wont be able to grow food and will have to leave the city, there is no way to grow food in a concrete field.
        Very true. I know some who get all jittery as if having an anxiety attack after going without for 4 hrs (like on a plane without their cel phone). Or when power is out and they can't use their laptops..

Just a note on the filthy torn clothes verses clean ones. The Amish seem to do just fine. Hard work or no. If you take care of your clothes, they'll last.
        True, but i betcha most city folk are not as savy as the Amish.

Plus there's stuff like the over-the-top action, forced thematics and plot holes abound. (How do governments fall due to the lack of electricity, how does anything rise up? I know we take technology for granted but it's not something that society would entirely change for.)
        See how quickly some areas devolve to mobs after a natural disaster in their locale cuts out all power.. now put that on a global scale. No news, no internet, no cel phones for people to use to keep in contact. No banking as all financial records are gone.

In that time the Government would gather people quickly to access how to run our current infrastructure without electricity, deploying army troops in all major cities and food rashioning would come in.
        In normal power out situations stuff can still work of generators or batteries.. So yes they can make those calls to coordinate/seek out info. BUT in this senario, not even batteries work. SO exactly how they gonna communicate quickly??

Yes but the cashier is either tasked with walking to check the prices, writing down all the prices in the store and then have to manually add them up on the spot (the average person is terrible at such a thing) or just take the customers word on the price. The second people start having to pay $50/litre water they will get desperate, push each other and the riot has begun.
        And who will watch the till area to ensure someone is not just running out while he is off checking prices?

Or they could place up a tower and use signals; I mean people have used signals without electricity by using fire and mirrors...
        And how many people know how to use signal mirrors these days? Know morse code?

I still think people would unite together in a situation like this,
        IMO you have too much faith in humanity.

Wow.. lots of quote wars here... So i am signing off on this for now.

Comment

There is a phenomenal amount of negativity for this show on the facebook page. People usually rock up to complain about NBC or that they basic plot was ripped off of a book series.

Yes they are similar but that does not mean that it was ripped off, its like saying Farscape is a rip off of Star Trek because they are on a spaceship.

Also they don't get the whole NO electricity thing, always asking why people aren't making solar/wind/hydroelectric energy. The concept of NO seems to elude them.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            There is a phenomenal amount of negativity for this show on the facebook page. People usually rock up to complain about NBC or that they basic plot was ripped off of a book series.

Yes they are similar but that does not mean that it was ripped off, its like saying Farscape is a rip off of Star Trek because they are on a spaceship.

Also they don't get the whole NO electricity thing, always asking why people aren't making solar/wind/hydroelectric energy. The concept of NO seems to elude them.
            "No" doesn't elude me, but just how would they not be able to generate electricity period. Even small quantities of it for personal use. Makes entirely no sense to me. How could you scientifically prevent the creation of electricity?
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              "No" doesn't elude me, but just how would they not be able to generate electricity period. Even small quantities of it for personal use. Makes entirely no sense to me. How could you scientifically prevent the creation of electricity?
              One of the trailers mentions the laws of physics changing.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post

May it the fact that humans are still walking around that is the reason why they cant accept there no electricity in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  May it the fact that humans are still walking around that is the reason why they cant accept there no electricity in the world.
                  That is one of the major concerns but people just dont want to sit back and enjoy it, it is science fiction after all.

Comment

Another common complaint is why dont they use team engines to get around.

Firstly I would say that we do not know that some steam engines aren't used. Secondly there are very few working steam engines on tracks in the world. Thirdly, not everyone lives next the train tracks in order to get supplies etc. so building a steam engine is pointless. Fourthly, what do you do with the other trains stuck on the tracks, the 30 car-long trains, do you just walk up to them and give them a little push and off they fall?

Comment

People, TV shows are there to be utterly fun, especially shows like these! We have no idea why they don't use any electricity etc. maybe it will be explained maybe not ( I tend to the latter ) but I think that's not the point of this show anyway. Mostly on how people are behaving in this fantasy situation and how the characters relationships are developing, I dont hold my breath for getting a huge explanation, especially with a guy like abrams attached to it. Btw i did not read all the posts.. But you get my notion.
                      sigpic

Comment

Apparently the pilot can be viewed in two days Link: https://twitter.com/NBCRevolution/st...707328/photo/1

Comment

The pilot is available to watch now.

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/video/pilot/1415378
                          sigpic

Comment

Not if you from the UK,

Comment

Since it's on the NBC site I think it only works if you're in the US, I don't know if anyplace else has it so people in other countries can view it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                                Since it's on the NBC site I think it only works if you're in the US, I don't know if anyplace else has it so people in other countries can view it.
                                Do not worry, I know plenty of places where I can view it, it may take a little while (hours) to appear through,

Comment

Working...
                                X