Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Revolution ( NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by knowles2 View Post
    Also if there no electricity, then our brains and nervous systems, an our hearts would all stop functioning as well, as they all rely on electricity.

As I said in my previous post, I look forward to the explanations given in the show, let hope we get them before the show is cancelled.
    I think it means man-made electricity...not bio-electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    I think it means man-made electricity...not bio-electricity.
    There no such thing bio-electricity, electricity is all the same, whether it produce through biological process or using a dynamo.

Second Lieutenant

This is what worries me about such a TV series. The explanation for such a global catastrophe had better be very well explained and worth the trouble or it will be like a reaaaalllly bad punch line to a very long joke and the embarrassing pause afterwards when no one laughs.

This is what someone wrote about the "American warship" movie....
    "Some movies require suspension of disbelief. Others require that your disbelief be murdered brutally and buried in a shallow grave out in the forest somewhere."
    If it was a miniseries….now that’s an idea!
    SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

There no such thing bio-electricity, electricity is all the same, whether it produce through biological process or using a dynamo.
    I think you're wrong...

http://www.ece.mcmaster.ca/faculty/d...ecture%201.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Nice presentation, I refer to this bit through;

""Bioelectricity is now known to obey the
    same fundamental laws of electricity in
    the atmosphere, conducting wires,
    semiconductors, etc.""
    Last edited by knowles2; June 4th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Second Lieutenant

So again all this hinges on what could shut down all electricity on earth. Would any one care to hazard a guess at what it could be?

Nice presentation, I refer to this bit through;

""Bioelectricity is now known to obey the
    same fundamental laws of electricity in
    the atmosphere, conducting wires,
    semiconductors, etc.""
    Reminds me, i must check the wiring in my legs, they have been acting up..

Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    Reminds me, i must check the wiring in my legs, they have been acting up..
    You mean nerves, they are just a different form of wire, I would not touch them if I were you, they can be rather sensitive. My previous comment was a quote directly taken from the presentation which carter posted a link to.

So again all this hinges on what could shut down all electricity on earth. Would any one care to hazard a guess at what it could be?
    Nothing can shut down electricity, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity, it essentially a fundamental force in the universe, you cant simple shut it down.

You can over load electronics with a massive electro magnetic pulse, you could in theory, I guest use an electromagnetic field to permanently shut down unshielded electronics, it would require an enormous power source,, but military forces are well equip to handle EMP pulse, they spent the last fifty years hardening their infrastructure against such pulses, ever since the first atomic bombs tests.

Second Lieutenant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro-magnetic_pulse

From this site it appears that coldwar timeperiod had such sheilding but it has fallen by the wayside with modern computor revolution. There appears to be no such protection for civilians. However such EMP burst are recoverable with spare parts.

Airman

First, I've only watched the trailer so my understanding of the show is based on that.

To me it reminds me a lot of "FlashForward". The whole idea that some people can control and turn off the lights seems unlikely and unappealing. And even following the rules of "Revolution", it just doesn't make any sense. (It being the science.) But about the technology, 4 the kids sake, it was probably a good thing it got turned off, they seemed a little pathetic. And the voiceover, (which may or may not be a one time thing,) doesn't fit the situation in my opinion. (But it could just be the voice.) Tim Guinee is a great actor though, so crossing my fingers for him not dying, 'cause I will be giving it a chance, when that time comes. The fate of "Revolution" will probably be decided by then, either down spinning like the plane or up like the plants on the buildings.

First Lieutenant

Default any early thoughts on Revolution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI
    just encase any body does'nt know what I mean

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: any early thoughts on Revolution?

Really looking forward to it (see my sig), i love these starting over, no tech stories.

I fear for this show, while it DOES look good I fear this may end up getting canned just like every other new scripted NBC show of the past two years besides Grimm. JJ Abrams and Eric Kripkie do make a good pairing.

Still I don't see this living past Season One unless there's some ratings mirical, it will start off high al al The Event and slide drstically.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer 120 View Post
    I fear for this show, while it DOES look good I fear this may end up getting canned just like every other new scripted NBC show of the past two years besides Grimm. JJ Abrams and Eric Kripkie do make a good pairing.

Still I don't see this living past Season One unless there's some ratings mirical, it will start off high al al The Event and slide drstically.
    I sadly have to agree. Look at its competition. It will be competing against Hawaii 5-0 and Castle. Two shows that have proven to be good shows in ratings context
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Finally got round to watching the trailer for this.

So basically it's Survivors but about electricity. Hmmmm. I'm not very impressed by the trailer (a sword? Puhleese ). I may give it a go if it comes to the UK.

Edit - Why did they have to show so much in this trailer. Wouldn't the bit about the necklace be better as a surprise?
    Last edited by Blencathra; June 19th, 2012 at 08:49 AM.

Everyone said Grimm would fail.

Everyone said Grimm would fail.
    Not me, it essentially a copy of other successful shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural. Also supernatural is all the rage at the moment, if I picked the new show most likely to succeed last year and get a second season, Grimm would have been clear favourite.

Once Upon a Time was the surprise success story, only Pixar have had any success reinventing fair tale stories for the modern world, with several flops at the cincema when if come to doing the same with real life actors. Also the format of Once upon a Time does not really fit the standard supernatural format.

When you take in shows such a Haven, The Fades, all of which have enjoy critical and audience success, both shows stood a good chance of succeeding.

Whiles Revolution, is copying Jericho and Jeremiah, Survivors all cancelled shows. I also following of from Alcatraz , a JJ Abram flop from last year.
    Last edited by knowles2; June 19th, 2012 at 03:40 PM.

Not me, it essentially a copy of other successful shows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural. Also supernatural is all the rage at the moment, if I picked the new show most likely to succeed last year and get a second season, Grimm would have been clear favourite.
    Its not a copy of those shows. What is it these days with peoples inability to look beyond aesthetics. Do i have to bring the whole two red cars does not equal two Ferraris thing again?

Once Upon a Time was the surprise success story, only Pixar have had any success reinventing fair tale stories for the modern world, with several flops at the cincema when if come to doing the same with real life actors. Also the format of Once upon a Time does not really fit the standard supernatural format.
    Grimm is a reinvention/sort of retelling of fairy tales aswell...

And Revolution is not copying those other shows. Please see the show first before making those accusations. Especially since those other shows didnt invent the whole post apocalyptic thing, and can be said to be copying others. At least we've actually seen those.

Its not a copy of those shows. What is it these days with peoples inability to look beyond aesthetics. Do i have to bring the whole two red cars does not equal two Ferraris thing again?
    I was just commenting on why I thought Grimm stood a good chance of succeeding before it even aired, an why I thought Once upon a time was a slightly bigger risk of failure than Grimm was.

Grimm does heavily borrowed from Supernatural and BTVS

I am also pretty sure Buffy the Vampire and Supernatural structures and type of characters it employed also took inspiration from past TV shows.

So yes Grimm on the surface look like it copied a lot from two successful shows and that why I thought it was going to be a success story, plus the whole supernatural type stories just cant seem to flop at the moment, also counted towards the show. While Revolution on the surface seem to copy alot from shows which have been a failure, which is why I am predicting failure.

Will I be right again, may be may be not. If the show was on cable, I would be giving it a much higher chance of surviving its first season, at the moment it less than 40%.
    Last edited by knowles2; June 21st, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

Still hoping a US network picks up this show, but I'm going to have to check it out at some point.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast