Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

In my opinion there are only two or maybe three good shows starting next fall and i think wih Revolution being kind of a sci fi show it deserves its own thread where all new news and stuff can be posted here the new looking awesome trailer is here, but if you don't want to be spoiled, you should not watch it because it explains quite a bit on what will go on in the first episodes, with how they treated chuck and community im fearly postivie that it has a chance beyond season one especially with the names attached to the show eric kripke ( Supernatural ) and J.J.Abrams ( Alias, Lost, Fringe, Star Trek ):

Have fun,
    sigpic

Looks good.
    sigpic

Comment

This series looks good, but no news on a UK transmission at the moment

Comment

Premise sounds interesting but I think it once again depends on what direction they choose to go with the show. Terra Nova had an interesting concept for a show but ultimately failed because the show runners didn't go the direction most people expected.
        Jon Favreau has had a couple of hits with Iron Man and Iron Man 2 though he's never done a TV series before so not sure what to expect.
        Good to see that J.J Abrams loves his Sci-Fi though.
        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm. I'll probably take a look at the first ep. Depends on how the characters come across (and if they start preaching about the environment to me...considering this is on NBC) as this is just another post-apocalyptic show. I want to like it since Erik Kripke is attached to it because I loved Supernatural, his creation. And J.J.'s shows aren't half bad either.

Not that I don't like those type shows. I tried to like Jericho, but a bunch of the writing and some of the characters annoyed me...greatly. I enjoyed the BBC's Survivors. Even more so than I'm liking The Walking Dead...which has some very annoying characters.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

it looks good, but so did Alcatraz and the Awake, an we all know how they ended.

There one big flaw with the trailer, the cities look massively overgrown and run down and yet all of the character clothes look brand spanking new, just off the factory belt. An certainly do not look like hand me downs or items they could have traded for.

It has the feeling of Jeremiah. Lets hope this is a little bit more thought out than some of JJ Albrams past efforts.

Now for some wild fun speculation.

From the trailer, it look like some sort of field that is able to jammed electronics and prevent combustion of fuels. It look like the device the teenangers have can shield against the field.

The odd thing is, it appears that the people behind the jamming wants the militia to find that device.

Perhaps they think that the militia can use the device to undo whatever they did why they or the kids cant. Perhaps the militia controls what produces the field that stopping electronics and combustion engines from working.

(If there are two people who I would love to see working together it would be Michael Straczynski, and JJ Albrams, JJ because he comes with good ideas and can get stuff made, why Michael can actually plan a 5 year storyline out so that it make sense, something JJ has constantly failed to do. )
            Last edited by knowles2; 17 May 2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I'll be checking it out
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Nice first look at it. I will definitely give this show a chance. The question is - Will NBC do the same?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'll be checking this out when it premieres. It looks really good. Hopefully, it'll be more like Fringe and less like Alcatraz.
                  "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                  - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Once again i took the initiative (and blew off doing assessments) to create the Revolution Wiki

Comment

I'll be honest hearing about it mixed with the fact that it was on NBC made me put off watching the trailer for a while. We all know what sci-fi shows on network television wind up being (one exception being Firefly).

Finally watched it a few days ago and wish I didn't waste the time! This show is the epitome of the word "cliche". It looks even more mediocre than Falling Skies, and I thought that was as mediocre and uninteresting as you could get! We need some good programming, this age of mediocrity is maddening.

I feel after watching the trailer, setting aside the bad dialogue, plot inconsistencies yes even shown in this all over the place trailer, setting all that aside I feel I don't have to tune into this one until the finale because the trailer showed literally everything to do with the plot and where it goes.

It's unfortunate because once I saw Tim Guinee I thought HEY that's awesome he's in a show! Maybe he'll make it a good show! I like Tim, think he's a decent actor when given the chance, but that hope was dashed when the trailer shows he's gone after the first episode. Probably within the first 15 minutes. Giancarlo Esposito is also a freakin fantastic actor so again it's unfortunate. Couple all of that with the fact that I severely dislike both Jon Favreau and J.J. Abrams and this one gets a big thumbs down.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by dacooker
                      The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                        I'll be honest hearing about it mixed with the fact that it was on NBC made me put off watching the trailer for a while. We all know what sci-fi shows on network television wind up being (one exception being Firefly).

Finally watched it a few days ago and wish I didn't waste the time! This show is the epitome of the word "cliche". It looks even more mediocre than Falling Skies, and I thought that was as mediocre and uninteresting as you could get! We need some good programming, this age of mediocrity is maddening.

I feel after watching the trailer, setting aside the bad dialogue, plot inconsistencies yes even shown in this all over the place trailer, setting all that aside I feel I don't have to tune into this one until the finale because the trailer showed literally everything to do with the plot and where it goes.

It's unfortunate because once I saw Tim Guinee I thought HEY that's awesome he's in a show! Maybe he'll make it a good show! I like Tim, think he's a decent actor when given the chance, but that hope was dashed when the trailer shows he's gone after the first episode. Probably within the first 15 minutes. Giancarlo Esposito is also a freakin fantastic actor so again it's unfortunate. Couple all of that with the fact that I severely dislike both Jon Favreau and J.J. Abrams and this one gets a big thumbs down.
                        I did not like the previews i saw of Smallville and did not watch it when it first came on, some time later I watched a episode and LOVED IT. Previews give you part of the plot and in some cases completely screw up what the show/movie is about. I think the only fair way to criticize the show is to watch every episode ever made and then talk about it. Wouldn't you feel bad if you watch the show later on and like it but poor ratings had it cancelled?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Nice first look at it. I will definitely give this show a chance. The question is - Will NBC do the same?
                          Of course they will. NBC wouldn't buy it if they didn't want it to succeed. That makes no business sense
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Of course they will. NBC wouldn't buy it if they didn't want it to succeed. That makes no business sense
                            They may want it to succeed and yet they do not give the creators the opportunity to actually succeed by offering a second season.

X- Files was given a second chance and it became a cult hit, because it got a second season, which is rarely if ever given, Jericho was probably the last and even then they only got 6 episode order for the second season, which hardly gave the creators a chance to turn the series around and I did not see any great advertising push by the channel either.

Comment

I think it looks interesting, and I'm definitely going to check it out when it airs.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X