No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

episode was decent. glad there's an opening for anything to happen now (kinda) becasue they aren't still trying to get danny anymore.

still hoping it improves.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
      Greetings all,
      This show starts to air on Sky 1 here in the UK tomorrow night at 2100 with a double dose of episodes.

I've set my Sky + box to remind me it's on. But the question is is the show worth watching?
      As I am going in cold.
      I think it is! Not my altime favorite show but better than a lot of stuff(most) on TV, IMO

Comment

I've set my Sky+ box to record the repeat showings.

But what I've seen has more twists and turns than a plate of pasta...
        Am I right in guessing that we'll learn more about what happend in flashbacks...?
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Yes and yes, it's a far better alternative than watching most of what's on our TV, so if you're prepared to let a few things slip, it's worth it.

Don't get to impatient about getting questions answered though, I seem to remember a lot of people got quiet annoyed early on by the lack of, shall we say, steam power, but they do address it eventually.

It's a slow burner though, like SGU.

Comment

Watched this last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looks like it could be a great show. Million times better than Lost.
            sigpic

Comment

I have decided to put this show on break for a while and watch the rest when the season is finished !
              sigpic

Comment

Some notes as I was watching the latest episode, "Ghosts":

Spoiler:

1.) How'd they get the sides of that grave so straight?

2.) Is Charlie wearing a new coat, or is it the same one she used to soak up Danny's blood last episode?

3.) Looks like Flynn is going to try and pull a "Foundation" scam on Monroe. He gives Monroe access to tech that the other power groups don't have, which allows him to control more space (ultimately for Flynn), but Flynn retains control of how the tech actually works, and therefore has ultimate power.

4.) Where/when did Charlie learn to use an assault rifle? Did I miss an episode?

5.) The melee in the town square was ridiculously easy. Yes, it was three highly trained people against a bunch of less well trained people, who were also perhaps a bit over-confident. It still went down far too easily.

regards,
                G.
                Last edited by Gollumpus; 02 April 2013, 02:33 AM. Reason: Put the wrong episode title in the post.
                Go for Marty...

Comment

Otherwise, regarding "Ghosts":

Spoiler:

6.) It was nice to see Malik Yoba. I'm hoping he becomes at least a recurring cast member. This being said, I am worried that the show will devolve into a kind of "melee of the week" now that Miles has some additional back-up beyond Nora or Charlie.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

1) Ignoring the obvious point that you're getting at, string - poke two sticks in the ground, tie it between them and you have a straight line.

2) Yes, a new shirt, and bra too by the looks of it (or at least one that's been through a wash cycle).

I'll get my coat...

Comment

Just caues they don't have modern washers does not mean they can'twash their clothes..

But solid 2 first eps so far.. Love the Randall-monroe connection, and the further flash backs.

Spoiler:
                      And i would LOVE to know what that thing rachell pulled out of danny was...

Comment

Next Week's episode looks good.

Comment

Finally got to watch "ghosts." I enjoyed it. The show seems to be improving for the second half of the season. Anyone have any scoop on the ratings?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Finally got to watch "ghosts." I enjoyed it. The show seems to be improving for the second half of the season. Anyone have any scoop on the ratings?
                            They are good for this time of year. Lower than fall but ratings always decline in the spring
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Ghosts
                              Spoiler:

So it seems that this season is taking a turn for the better, we have a new place with interesting possibilities, we have a new adversary with tons of backstory and we even have better usage of the characters. But despite the show getting better, it still has baby steps to take. "Ghosts" is an example of this.

The episode does good with one thing, showcasing the relationships between the characters. It was nice to see how these characters operate from Rachel trying to bond with Charlie to Miles trying to convince a longtime old friend to join the cause to even Randal himself; mainly because it helps to develop the characters. With every word, with every action, with every sentence, you can see that they're trying to better themselves for the good of the show and there's no moment where the character development doesn't disappoint. I personally found Rachel to be the best character here mainly because of the way she handles that awkward emotive side with that badass fighter side, in one scene you can see the way and stumbles her words and in another you get to see the resourceful side that made her one of the better characters in the first half of Season 1. Even though she was paired up with Charlie for most of the episode, I found her entertaining nonetheless.

Mother/daughter bonding.

The action has somewhat improved and it isn't just mindless fighting; for most of the episode you get to see the characters become the hunted, try to avoid the ruthless powers of Randal and his army. This actually rectifies a flaw that's consistent with Revolution and that is the sheer stupidity of the actions; this show with it's premise could of had the potential to be intelligent and actually utilize logical strategy but instead they just do actions which I don't think are even possible just so they can serve the purpose of the plot. When you're watching them try to evade the forces of Monroe, you're seeing the sheer power of their forces, what they would do to accomplish the mission, even the lengths they would go to to accomplish the mission. It really does well in establishing them as a bonafied threat, one that'll definitely influence the events that'd come in this season.

However, there are times where the action seems forced; it seems like Revolution hasn't learned it's lesson in convincing action as many of the scenes are flash with very few substance in them. Take for instance the fight between Miles and his fight, this fight is designed to show how cool they are with their swords and nothing more. Every swing they manage to hit somebody and they don't seem to be bothered by forces that should be considered ruthless and endeering; same goes for the scenes with Rachel, it seems like all has been done and bam, they defeat his forces as if it was sliced butter. I'm not a fan of these fight scenes and if they could just learn to take a bit of substance and include it into these fight scenes then maybe, maybe it could come out better than it was.

There are some downsides to this episode and surprisingly, it relates to the character part of it. We're seeing Randal for the first time, the flashbacks of which are pretty good (what with the character motivation and all) but he doesn't manage to sell the urgency of the flashbacks in his performance which makes him seem like he's just a crazy guy who just happens to have all of the power in the world, neglecting the military experience that he claims to have; additionally his backstory doesn't feel really unique; while most of us could feel for his plight, most of us have seen that plight elsewhere. Additionally, the new combatant in crime doesn't have an interesting story; while placing him inside Miles backstory makes him interesting (and he does all that he can to sell the interesting aspect of it.) His story about settling down has been done a thousand times before, worst is that the story seems to be predictable in that the ending is obviously designed to make him a part of the main story, using a plot device known since the dawn of time.

Tough forces.

Which brings up another issue.

Everything seems designed to the getgo, there is absolutely no time where the actions feel genuine; well they do feel genuine when we see new places or new friends but everything is always designed to make sure they follow the plot of the story. They just have to do this or that in order to progress or they just have to find a way to make what should be an impossible situation a possible one; this really effects the believability of the world and forces me to strip alot of my logic and belief in order to get immersed in the world; nobody should have to shut off much of their functions just to get immersed in the show. Writers, people love it when their people are in impossible predicaments, it makes them think about how they're going to get out, how these people are going to react to the situation; it isn't fun when they manage to defeat guys easily, there should be a challenge to this, a challenge that they can't face easily.

Aside from that. "Ghosts" prove that it's slowly improving, though not as quickly as you'd expect. The character exploration is good as well as the progress being made in the plot department but you'd have to sit through flashy action (slightly good action) and inconsistent logic just to get to the good parts. Still, I have to hand it to Revolution for trying to engage people in the action, these things just might up being Revolution's saving graces.

5.0/10
                              Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                                Some notes as I was watching the latest episode, "Ghosts":

Spoiler:

1.) How'd they get the sides of that grave so straight?

regards,
                                G.
                                I thought that too

Spoiler:
                                try digging a massive hole with hand tools and see how even you get it. That grave was way too neat for something hand dug, which is what it'd have to be.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X