Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
    Captain

Default Re: Revolution ( NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion

Great episode tonight, I was really surprised by this. The guy who lost his daughter not so much, but it was good seeing the characters together and we even got to see more backstory stuff.

I'm not sure if the producers ever said they consulted experts on this. But without more information about how to make bullets without modern machinery, then I still buy the muskets usage.

At the very least, maybe Monroe is hoarding the modern bullets and weaponry and letting his soldiers use the more basic and crude stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by spratty View Post
    I want to know why the hell they are using muskets?, I have spoken to a gun nut friend and read into this and you can make bullets without the use of modern machinery and also you can make more efficient guns and ammo like used at the turn of last century, I honestly think they are going a revolutionary war look with the muskets but it still detracts from reality too much for a show that is meant to be ground into our world and especially since it is meant to be America where there is meant to be more ammunition than people.
    I figured you needed foundries and factories to produce the brass shells. I wouldn't know, though.

I've been watching the show. I don't love it but I don't hate it either, I think it is an interesting concept. The power goes out, how we adapt and all that.
    but, you could still make bullets ( if you've seen Falling Skies you know that they were making bullets without electricity too) and considering how many people died in the blackout, it wouldn't be that hard to find the more modern weapons.

I loved this episode and I think it is the best episode since well ever. The flashbacks were wisley put and gives us a good background about the world shortly after the blackout happened ! hope it improves more !

Its still holding my interest. I'm starting to see it as sortta Hunger Games-esque...

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gem of Tigress View Post
    I've been watching the show. I don't love it but I don't hate it either, I think it is an interesting concept. The power goes out, how we adapt and all that.
    but, you could still make bullets ( if you've seen Falling Skies you know that they were making bullets without electricity too) and considering how many people died in the blackout, it wouldn't be that hard to find the more modern weapons.
    Not true, they had electricity. They had generators and car batteries to use as energy sources. Plus, in Falling Skies, it's merely a few months to almost year after the initial attack. In Revolution, it's been 15 years.

So while in FS they can find weapons and such, in Revolution, those were the first targets (or one of) of the militias in order to gain an advantage over their enemies.

Not to mention, it has been explicitly stated that Monroe keeps the good guns in reserve for when he gets the power back.

Lieutenant Colonel

Did anyone else notice the continuity they put into the show with the clock at Independence Hall being at 9:23 and Maggie's phone (which went off in Seattle) being 6:23. Its the little things that they put in.

Quote Originally Posted by escyos View Post
    Did anyone else notice the continuity they put into the show with the clock at Independence Hall being at 9:23 and Maggie's phone (which went off in Seattle) being 6:23. Its the little things that they put in.
    No I didn't but I like when they care for such things.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

This is quickly becoming one of the shows my wife and I look forward to the most each week.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

I watched the first episode, and it was alright. I'm not sure that I'll be watching more of it because of how it ended.

Spoiler:
    If they were going to reveal that certain people do possess the ability to use electric power, then I think that should have waited a bit because that took the premise of the series down for me. Now, it just seems to be about thugs and whoever else fighting for the "prize." I imagine it will continue to do fine, though.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady Blue View Post
    I watched the first episode, and it was alright. I'm not sure that I'll be watching more of it because of how it ended.
    We already see that Ben Matheson told his brother about the power turning off before it happened. So it's obvious that there's something going on. It's not a spoiler for the pilot. It hints to the viewer of that larger thread in the background.

It shows that they are going somewhere and it's not just post-modern society for the sake of it. There is a larger story they want to tell. Besides, if you watch the the episodes after that you will learn more about the characters and what happened in the past.

It's good stuff. No pilot episode is worth anything. A TV show is based on a series of episodes and not just one 45 minute view will capture it all.

Captain

Default Re: Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion

Saw the recent episode "Soul Train". Kinda disappointed there wasn't dancing going on, but oh well.

I liked Charlie's progression. She was real close to Danny and it slipped away. At the end she was packed and ready to go.

Not really surprised by Not-Nate's real name. I just really don't buy into his flippy attitude with helping Charlie nor that instant "connection" from the pilot. I wished we got to see them travel for a while and develop a bond before he was revealed as a militia man.

Glad to see the spotlight on Neville. Solid episode.

It was awesome seeing Neville's character before the blackout...Not a cruel man at all. Amazing what a global blackout and the fall of civilization can do to people.

YAAY! they finally had a steam train! so that answers the question about steam combustion working.

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    This is quickly becoming one of the shows my wife and I look forward to the most each week.
    glad u guys are liking it that much !!! I loved this episode as well, the train, the fights, captain neville and an utterly underused Jeff Fahey hope he comes back !

I'm really enjoying this show, I find it entertaining and look forward to watching it. I hate that there isn't a new episode next week.
    Spoiler:
    I really like all the Monroe/Miles/militia stuff; it's pretty much my favorite thing about the show. Charlie is still my least favorite part of the show, but she seems to be getting better(she seems to have less lines too). She isn't having as many emotional outburst scenes(I understand that it would be normal for the character to be emotional given what has happened, but I find the actress' preformance during those scenes annoying). I actually liked her for the most part in the latest episode. I didn't like her at the end though; I didn't find her in charge tough girl act convincing(but I don't know if it was meant to be). I also find the thing between Charlie and Neville's son really contrived. They keep giving each other these looks that make me roll my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    It was awesome seeing Neville's character before the blackout...Not a cruel man at all. Amazing what a global blackout and the fall of civilization can do to people.
    The capacity for who he is now was always in him. The blackout just allowed that side to come out and flourish.

"...phu...ah..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sp!der View Post
    glad u guys are liking it that much !!! I loved this episode as well, the train, the fights, captain neville and an utterly underused Jeff Fahey hope he comes back !
    Yeah, we both really are enjoying it thus far. This past episode was another really good one. I loved the back-story on Neville.

"...phu...ah..."

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    That's debatable. He constantly got pushed down and even told his son not to hit other people. I think he was afraid and saw his place in life as a bottom feeder.

Then his home got broken into after the blackout and the guy was basically beating him up in front of his kid. He got sick and tired of it.

I highly believe he had visions of taking back power. And then he saw that he was able to carve out a higher place in life and took the opportunity and threw away all the lessons he taught his son.

Quote Originally Posted by spratty View Post
    YAAY! they finally had a steam train! so that answers the question about steam combustion working.
    Why was there a question about it? Electricity is gone (well man-made electricity I guess IDK).

Overall I loved this episode and I see Charlie is now becoming more determined and isn't willing to waste anymore time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrja84 View Post
    Not true, they had electricity. They had generators and car batteries to use as energy sources. Plus, in Falling Skies, it's merely a few months to almost year after the initial attack. In Revolution, it's been 15 years.

So while in FS they can find weapons and such, in Revolution, those were the first targets (or one of) of the militias in order to gain an advantage over their enemies.

Not to mention, it has been explicitly stated that Monroe keeps the good guns in reserve for when he gets the power back.
    Yes, they did have a generator but I don't remember Pope using it to make the bullets, if I remember correctly ( which I'm problably not, haven't seen that episode in a while ) Scott was using the generator to keep the radio going so he could find the skitter frequency. (still probably going to watch that one again )
    About the guns... Yes, in Falling Skies it had only been a few months, but I don't think Monroe could search every house, car, shed, or barn in his territory for all the modern weapons. And it had to take time to form his milita anyway (If I remember right, it was somewhere around six months after the blackout when he put his 'team' together) and by that time you could find plenty of guns and bullets.
    yep, I can't wait to see if he pulls out the 'big guns' near the end of the season.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast