Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Default Re: Revolution ( NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Not surprising. Only utter flops don't get the full season
    Well, flops can be either flops with the critics or flops with the fans.

All that matter is flops with the ratings
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

All that matter is flops with the ratings
    True.

I am glad we got a chance, now lets see how it will develop from here...

Major

Not surprising. Only utter flops don't get the full season
    terra nova

Terra Nova is the exception to the rule because of its massive budget and long production schedule
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sp!der View Post
    I liked the third episode much more than the second ! The characters are rally growing on you and why does the Jacob actor play in almost every show since lost ? I like that guy but he is definitley overused ! How are the ratings ? It does look good though, doesn't it ? Hope we get a full season order soon...
    Who's Jacob?

Major

Quote Originally Posted by mrja84 View Post
    who's jacob?
    l o s t

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    l o s t
    Oh Mark, well he is most certainly, under used. He is such a terrific actor I have fun everytime I watch him.

I caught up with the series (episode 3) and caught up with this thread. Observations:

• WOW, there was a lot of hate for this show before the pilot ever aired. I'm surprised by the intensity of the criticism for aspects perceived as unrealistic. I mean, how can people so extremely displeased by flaws in realism enjoy the Stargate franchise? I enjoy nitpicking and discussing flaws, too, especially in the shows that I enjoy. Revolution hadn't even aired, however, and posters had decided the show was awful.
    • Clothes and cosmetics. Yeah, pretty damned good for 15 years after cataclysm. The cosmetics in Game of Thrones is impressive, too. Television viewers like to see pretty people. Get over it.
    • We don't yet know how many people died in the first year after the "event", but I imagine billions starved to death (or died of dehydration when municipal water systems ceased to function). In industrialized economies, if you can't quickly transport the food supply from where it's grown to where it's consumed, people starve. When people and their children starve, they do ANYTHING for survival. It would have become very brutal, very quickly.
    • For those who didn't horribly die in the months following the cataclysm, the new world doesn't look so bad. Well, as long as you're relatively healthy and uninjured. (It's gotta be brutal for people with chronic injuries, pain, disease, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by retiredat44 View Post
    that whiny girl made it impossible to watch it,, she just makes life miserable for everyone trying to help her.. once again the writers have moron kids ruining shows... the kids whine, get their way, and good guys get killed because of their tantrums.
    I'm not enamored with the all the young leads in recent shows, but let's be fair: Charlie learned from the experience. Only one episode later, she herself was killing. Less whiny. More understanding. I like to see character growth. Good job, showrunners.

Conclusion: I'm cautiously optimistic. I think I'll enjoy the show despite a number of flaws. I'm pessimistic toward its chances for renewal. Shows like this don't have a good track record for surviving long.

Well, I watched this week's episode. I need to go back and watch what I've missed. IDK if I'd like the show, but I was pleasantly surprised last night when I watched it.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

My wife and I both really like how this show is developing. IMO, the before and now scenes are a great way to tell this story. We really hope this show continues to do well.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

I'm still having trouble with Charlie.

At the start:
    "I'm responsible for Danny, but I like to do risky things that could endanger him due to his condition. When I get called on it I have to go off and sulk, just before the militia arrives, so now I feel guilty about my dad being killed and Danny being taken hostage because I wasn't there."

We are supposed to believe that Charlie is "growing" in this show, becoming more responsible and protective of others, and yet we have not seen anything of this kind of growth in the first two episodes. If this is so, why does she abandon her companions at the drop of a hat? She is the only tracker/hunter of the starting group of three, and yet she leaves them on their own about once an episode to make their way through fairly rough terrain which could hold unknown dangers.

She is pretty good at being outraged at the thought of slavery, so she isn't all bad I suppose. I wonder how she'd feel if she saw Aaron (Google guy) and Maggie had been captured and forced to join that forced labor gang because they didn't have a proper tracker/guide?

regards,
    G.
    Go for Marty...

Quote Originally Posted by Gollumpus View Post
    We are supposed to believe that Charlie is "growing" in this show, becoming more responsible and protective of others, and yet we have not seen anything of this kind of growth in the first two episodes.
    Episode three is where I saw character growth. I hope it continues, since there's lots of room for improvement.

Major

charlie is by far the worst character. insufferably flippyfloppy.
    show is following the typical storylines so far. waiting for it to turn into something interesting.

Well, I've watched 3 episodes and....nothing, still haven't enjoyed it. Reminds me a bit of 'Waterworld' ,where reluctant loner hero is drawn into fighting a group that brutally terrorises those who are left into submission after society collapses. In this case it isn't land they are trying to find but the key to bring back the means to use electricity again.

If there is one thing that is putting me off completely is listening to the righteous whining of that girl every five minutes it seems. I don't think a character has annoyed me so much in a long time, things are so much better when she's not around. Would have been better if she was taken and her brother was on the quest to get her back, he is a much better character! If she is killed by a militia sniper, or even by a pack of feral cats I won't miss that character!

If nothing turns up to wow me in the next two or three episodes I'll stop using the wonderful power of electricity to watch this!

Captain

Why is everyone hard on Charlie? She's a lot like Daniel Jackson. She's a moral center.

Is it because she's young and a girl? Do people not like being preached to by young girls?

I love seeing young characters get their beliefs challenged, compared, and contrasted against a brutal world.

Anyway. I'm loving it.

Major

daniel jackson wasn't insufferable. insufferable characters are annoying and make stupid decisions because they're stupid. daniel jackson was a smart person who did things because he was smart AND moral.

also, this girl grew up in this world. she didn't just appear in it and now has to live in it. she should know exactly how the world acts. she should be finding out anything.

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator Emeritus)

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    daniel jackson wasn't insufferable. insufferable characters are annoying and make stupid decisions because they're stupid. daniel jackson was a smart person who did things because he was smart AND moral.

also, this girl grew up in this world. she didn't just appear in it and now has to live in it. she should know exactly how the world acts. she should be finding out anything.
    She is also very young and has a lot to learn to understand. Just because she grew up in it, doesn't mean she understands how everything works. That comes with time and experiences. Her world has been turned upside down with
    Spoiler:
    the death of her father, her brother being kidnapped...all her security is gone... and now with tonight's episode...she's lost even more...

Doesn't make her stupid...makes her emotional and reactive, things not all that uncommon for teenagers/young adults.

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

I want to know why the hell they are using muskets?, I have spoken to a gun nut friend and read into this and you can make bullets without the use of modern machinery and also you can make more efficient guns and ammo like used at the turn of last century, I honestly think they are going a revolutionary war look with the muskets but it still detracts from reality too much for a show that is meant to be ground into our world and especially since it is meant to be America where there is meant to be more ammunition than people.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast