No announcement yet.

Evil Queen/Regina Mills (Lana Parrilla) Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Regina ever since she walked through the doors in the pilot. I'm usually drawn into villains. It makes me think about what they went through in their pasts.
    Regina's backstory was actually tragic. And it also pains me to think about it because it also makes me think about when she was married to Leopold. And I didn't like that she was basically forced to marry him.

Not to mention what other things happened to her during those times. I mean... just think about the disgusting/painful time it was on her wedding night... and any other night after. *shivers* That just has my heart breaking even more for her.
    sigpic
    My tumblr

Comment

<------ Evil Regal

She's my fave <3
      sigpic
      ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I haven't been on Gateworld in .... a very long time. Not since I gave up midway through Atlantis. But for some reason I've recently become completely obsessed with Once.

And I think most of it is because of Regina. I watched the first season as it aired, and the second on and off, but never picked up on the third one until I mainlined the entire series again recently. Lana Parrilla has become one of my favorite actresses ever, right up there with Amanda Tapping. Not only is she beautiful and great fun to watch, but you can tell she thinks very hard about her craft. She's played by my count something like 7 distinct versions of Regina, and due to the nonlinear storytelling she may be called on to play any one of those versions at any time.

What completely impresses me though is how subtle she can be. Small facial movements, and eyes. Just look at the scenes with Snow in "Bleeding Through". Yet at the same time she can chew the scenery with the best of them (anyone else really wish you could see her act with James Spader?). But this is going to sound weirdest of all. I love her hand movements when she performs magic. I'm absolutely convinced that she's mapped out a system for what different kinds of spells require, from throwing fire balls to directing energy, to controlling someone with their heart. It's just a level of professionalism that is so impressive.

Comment

EvilRegal fan here as well! I adore regina in all her incarnations. I am really looking forward to seeing her chew the scenery in season six as the EVIL QUEEN totally. The costuming is also amazing!

I agree with Major Fischer- she obviously has specific movements for specific magic.

Comment

Who loved her in season 7? It was interesting to see her as Roni Loved it.
            sigpic
            My tumblr

Comment

Working...
            X