10 Weeks to go!

Return Date for Season 2
    sigpic
    Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Yay, I'm really looking forward to watching the new season
    sigpic

Comment

Good to hear of a premier date.

I'm not liking the sound of season 2 through, as so far everything I have read, which is not much, seem to point to the writers of season 2 ignoring the season 1 ending.

Spoiler:
      How can the team go back to working with the government after what happen in the final episode, at the very best they be on the run, at the very worst they be in that prison the government constructed.
      Last edited by knowles2; 15 May 2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Good to hear of a premier date.

I'm not liking the sound of season 2 through, as so far everything I have read, which is not much, seem to point to the writers of season 2 ignoring the season 1 ending.

Spoiler:
        How can the team go back to working with the government after what happen in the final episode, at the very best they be on the run, at the very worst they be in that prison the government constructed.
        That's disappointing.
        The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Indeed. It's starting to get kind of sparse out there in TV land.

Spoiler:
          I haven't read much about next season as yet. If the producers/writers do completely ignore the events of season one, then I'd have to reconsider any future viewing of this show. It would make no sense. This being said, I can see the following in the first episode or two...

Spoiler:

The group would still be a group for the following reasons and/or changes:

1.) Dr. Rosen will likely be bounced as group leader for the first few episodes while some other DoD appointee (Special Agent Sullivan?) tries to rein in the group. Rosen would then return because of a (contrived) reason which makes him invaluable to the functioning of the group and the survival of the nation.

2.) I figure there would have to be some kind of transition period (days, weeks, months?) for the group while they and the DoD figure out their future relationship. They wouldn't be able to function as a group without some kind of financial backing in the short term, and the government is the logical bank-roller.

3.) There would be no chance that the group would be allowed to return to a civilian life-style without some kind of government leash. More than likely, the DoD would try to force the group to continue operations. In some cases, members of the group will be threatened to gain compliance (Nina and Cameron), some will fall in reluctantly with the government (Bill and perhaps Rachel) because it is the devil they know. In Gary's case, it may well be the safest option for him, otherwise he could be scooped up by Red Flag.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
            Indeed. It's starting to get kind of sparse out there in TV land.

I haven't read much about next season as yet. If the producers/writers do completely ignore the events of season one, then I'd have to reconsider any future viewing of this show. It would make no sense. This being said, I can see the following in the first episode or two...

Spoiler:

The group would still be a group for the following reasons and/or changes:

1.) Dr. Rosen will likely be bounced as group leader for the first few episodes while some other DoD appointee (Special Agent Sullivan?) tries to rein in the group. Rosen would then return because of a (contrived) reason which makes him invaluable to the functioning of the group and the survival of the nation.

2.) I figure there would have to be some kind of transition period (days, weeks, months?) for the group while they and the DoD figure out their future relationship. They wouldn't be able to function as a group without some kind of financial backing in the short term, and the government is the logical bank-roller.

3.) There would be no chance that the group would be allowed to return to a civilian life-style without some kind of government leash. More than likely, the DoD would try to force the group to continue operations. In some cases, members of the group will be threatened to gain compliance (Nina and Cameron), some will fall in reluctantly with the government (Bill and perhaps Rachel) because it is the devil they know. In Gary's case, it may well be the safest option for him, otherwise he could be scooped up by Red Flag.

regards,
            G.
            Spoiler:

I read somewhere that they are going down the contrive route of the government discrediting of Dr Rosen and somehow forcing him to work for the government (we have never seen that storyline before have we), undoing all of last season work of giving him a backbone and courage to stand up to his bosses, rather than dealing with the fallout of the public knowledge about people with mutant powers, force imprisonment and botch military raids, which would be far more interesting story to pursue, especially with red fraction stronger than ever.

Money should not be an issue, they got a computer genius and the ultimate con artist in the world, money would be easily obtainable for the group.

Comment

Spoiler:

I read somewhere that they are going down the contrive route of the government discrediting of Dr Rosen and somehow forcing him to work for the government (we have never seen that storyline before have we), undoing all of last season work of giving him a backbone and courage to stand up to his bosses, rather than dealing with the fallout of the public knowledge about people with mutant powers, force imprisonment and botch military raids, which would be far more interesting story to pursue, especially with red fraction stronger than ever.

Money should not be an issue, they got a computer genius and the ultimate con artist in the world, money would be easily obtainable for the group.

Spoiler:

True about them being able to get money on their own, however, with the Government looking over their shoulders, even if they were able to hide their tracks their would be people who could put two and two together and send them all to a gulag.

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

July 23rd, great. There's not a lot of good thing to watch this summer. Hopefully, Alphas maintain its quality in Season 2. For some reason, this show in tone and type/method of inquiry remind me of Person of Interest (beside the fact that Alphas predate it). Another great show.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Working...
                X