The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

I started watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen last night as I had not seen it in a looooong time. The first thing that came to mind, "Wow, this is awfully familiar... Sanctuary!" Does anyone else see the parallels? Do you think Sanctuary was inspired by the film? I'm not suggesting they ripped it off or anything, but just think about Helen Magnus's "The Five" backstory, and think about the movie. It's got to be more than sheer coincidence.

Well a lot of things have stuff in common with other things SGU is about people on a ship trying to get home star trek voyager is about people on a ship trying to get home did one rip off the other? probably not but its easy to draw parallels between anything once you see a few similarities.
    sigpic

Comment

The movie came out before Sanctuary and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was based off of a comic book which has been out even longer so if anything Sanctuary borrowed from them (not saying they did just that League came first)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        I started watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen last night as I had not seen it in a looooong time. The first thing that came to mind, "Wow, this is awfully familiar... Sanctuary!" Does anyone else see the parallels? Do you think Sanctuary was inspired by the film? I'm not suggesting they ripped it off or anything, but just think about Helen Magnus's "The Five" backstory, and think about the movie. It's got to be more than sheer coincidence.
        Damian said from the start that it was one of the influences but there were others. It was a style he liked.

<added> also it was the comic that was the influence not the movie, Damian's spec script was written a few years before the movie.
        Last edited by RealmOfX; 19 May 2012, 03:27 PM.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          Damian said from the start that it was one of the influences but there were others. It was a style he liked.
          I thought that was the case. Thanks!

Comment

I love that movie
            sigpic
            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Working...
            X