• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smarter Carter (509)

Visit the Episode GuideEUREKA SEASON FIVE
    SMARTER CARTER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 509
    Allison's brother visits to meet her new husband; Carter's intelligence mysteriously begins to grow exponentially. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 20 June 2012, 12:36 AM.

Pretty Good ep,and very funny..
    And you could just tell they have been dying to do this one for years.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

I thought is was a great episode I am glad they are working on giving Holly a body. But I am sure Allison wants carter because he is dumb, or she called him dumb? !

I know she loves him, but in a way I think it is nice to have a partner who isn't in competition with you.
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
        I thought is was a great episode I am glad they are working on giving Holly a body. But I am sure Allison wants carter because he is dumb, or she called him dumb? !

I know she loves him, but in a way I think it is nice to have a partner who isn't in competition with you.
        Not really.

Imagine if there was someone you have known or dated for years. All of the sudden one day, one major aspect about them changes overnight. Whether they are smarter, dumber, whatever, it wouldn't be the exact same person anymore.

In Allison's case, I'm sure she was actually happy that Jack could finally be on the same level as others. But Jack was not the same person she had known for five years and fell in love with and married when he was that smart.

Personally, I was hoping they'd use his intelligence to give the body problem with Holly a quick fix, but it looks like the work he did will still have an effect within the next episode.
        sigpic

Comment

The thing with Jack is.....like alison said, he was the smartest man she knew because he looked at things with simpler, fresher eyes and often came up with the solution that none of the geniuses could see. He brought a practical and useful state of mind to the situation.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes this^^ above exactly and as Allison also said, smart Jack wasn't the same man she fell in love with. He lost what made him Jack, was all about how smart he'd become rather than having consideration for Allison's feelings or for Andy's feelings-he just shunted aside his friend Andy's feelings without a thought. That isn't the same Jack.

Comment

Too bad that wasn't Alison's brother, but some stranger from another timeline. Same thing with her kids or Vincent or Zane. Those aren't the same people Alison, Jack, Henry, Jo, and Fargo know, they are just complete strangers that they act like they know.

Why do shows like this and Fringe feel the need to take away characters that we have known and throw them away. Let the characters grow, but don't just throw them away for a new model.

I mean how do we, as the audience, know that in this world Jack and Alison were even friendly to one another?

Oh forget it, this show's cancelled anyway. Better late than never.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                Too bad that wasn't Alison's brother, but some stranger from another timeline. Same thing with her kids or Vincent or Zane. Those aren't the same people Alison, Jack, Henry, Jo, and Fargo know, they are just complete strangers that they act like they know.

Why do shows like this and Fringe feel the need to take away characters that we have known and throw them away. Let the characters grow, but don't just throw them away for a new model.

I mean how do we, as the audience, know that in this world Jack and Alison were even friendly to one another?

Oh forget it, this show's cancelled anyway. Better late than never.
                I happen to like the revision of the characters. Obviously Jack and Alison were friendly before this as no-one was surprised when they ended up together. Their status in both "universes" was as friends, and the romance didn't really grow until after the change. They addressed some of this issue with Henry, so didn't really need to do it again with Jack and Alison as it didn't really matter how they got along before the change.

Biggest benefit of the new timeline, a new Andy
                sigpic

Comment

so what happened to holly? my power went out for like three hours on monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    so what happened to holly? my power went out for like three hours on monday night.
                    She died. Again.

In a big, fiery, cataclysmic computer virus...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      Holly is still where she was. Though next Episode will be centered on her.

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                      She died. Again.

In a big, fiery, cataclysmic computer virus...
                      Now that was just mean.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I would say, it's a weird episode. Weird in all senses possible, but really funny as well.

I'm having a feeling that they're gonna drag the Holly story until the very end.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                          I would say, it's a weird episode. Weird in all senses possible, but really funny as well.

I'm having a feeling that they're gonna drag the Holly story until the very end.
                          Its pretty likely that this might be over one way or another in one of the next Episodes. I trust the writers and there are more important things to focus on now than just those 2 and they build up a pretty cool set up. Zane might just become the next Johnathan Stark, so I love where all that is going. Though I am missing the Henry angst. I feel like I have missed something since his relationship has not been mentioned a bit in this episode.
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                            Its pretty likely that this might be over one way or another in one of the next Episodes. I trust the writers and there are more important things to focus on now than just those 2 and they build up a pretty cool set up. Zane might just become the next Johnathan Stark, so I love where all that is going. Though I am missing the Henry angst. I feel like I have missed something since his relationship has not been mentioned a bit in this episode.
                            I think they are gonna give it all the episodes left except for the last 2 when they can work on something else for the ending.

Your theory about Zane could be correct, not to mention he loves a girl similar to Jo. If you know what I mean.
                            And BTW, it's Nathan... Nathan Stark not Johnathan.

About Henry, I feel like suddenly Grace was gone. I can't remember she said she would. All I remembered was her telling him she's still working it out.
                            Anyway, they're trying to give Grace some attention before it all ends. After all, she's new to us, a stranger we've known for one year. They made her apart of the Astraeus conflict so she could be going through something difficult just like Henry did during the timeline change.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                              I think they are gonna give it all the episodes left except for the last 2 when they can work on something else for the ending.

Your theory about Zane could be correct, not to mention he loves a girl similar to Jo. If you know what I mean.
                              And BTW, it's Nathan... Nathan Stark not Johnathan.

About Henry, I feel like suddenly Grace was gone. I can't remember she said she would. All I remembered was her telling him she's still working it out.
                              Anyway, they're trying to give Grace some attention before it all ends. After all, she's new to us, a stranger we've known for one year. They made her apart of the Astraeus conflict so she could be going through something difficult just like Henry did during the timeline change.
                              I guess we differ on our expectations till the end. It would suck if they drag this out much longer. The writers had the right measurement to make Jealous Jo go away, so I remain on it that I trust them.

Yeah, I am horrible with Names, but I was close. But how is Jo similar to Allison?

I really dont understand what the writers are thinking with Grace. They Jump her on us, then I actually came to like her with Henry alot and now they have thrown her out just as fast. I am sure they will bring her back for a Happy end, but excluding her is a bit weird after throwing her in just one Season ago.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                              X