Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 4 was great but not as good as Season 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 4 was great but not as good as Season 3?

Season 4 was a great season of TV entertainment. Among the top TV shows on television currently. But I feel it wasn't as good as Season 3.

I'm not sure if I can pinpoint on it why. I feel the characters in season 3 ("evil" Walter, fake Olivia) were a bit more gritty and real. They had more depth. The story seems to flow better. Like the series Lost, in Season 3 the characters motivation were more clear and thus dramatic. You could feel their dilemma. I also like the character conflict better in Season 3 especially between the red and blue universe characters. Even Newton vs fake Olivia was pretty good 1 to 1 character interaction. Olivia vs fake Olivia. Same as Walternate vs the red Fringe teams, Brandon, the interaction between the red Fringe team, etc. The plot of wondering what Walternate/fake Olivia/etc were up to was better too.

The mission and motivation of all the characters seem to be better in Season 3 than Season 4.
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Season 3 was, and will remain the best Season of the show. The way it was strucered having the episodes set in both the Bluverse and the Redverse was phanominaly done by the writers.

Comment

I have a real hard time picking a favorite season. They have all been great in their own ways.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

For some reasons, the fourth season of like, every series I have ever watched seems to be not as good as the predecessor seasons.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I love the fourth season. Each season builds on the previous which is what good shows need to do while balancing to allow new viewers to join.

I love all the questions and answers given in season 4, I just dislike staying in this new universe.

I want our Walter and our Astrid back.

Comment

Season 4 seemed to end abruptly. Why didn't FOX promote the Finale like for instance GRIMM did?
            - The Truth is Out There!

Comment

Working...
            X