View Poll Results: Where will season two take place?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Our 'real' world?

    15 65.22%
  • Fairy Tale Land

    4 17.39%
  • Other

    4 17.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1. #1
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    709

    Question Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    so where do you think season 2 will take place? Still in our world or back to their very primitive existence in Fantasyland?

    BTW I wanted to make a poll but there is no polling option.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

    The banning of images in SIGs suck.

  2. #2
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,915

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    I'm thinking they'll go for the juxtaposition of having real people in fairy tail land, but with memory of who they used to be.

    that or in the real world but with magic

  3. #3
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    719

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    I read a few comments on OUAT's discussion site, and a possibility is that
    Spoiler:
    Emma ends up in FTL or one of the other fantasy / fairy tale stories, after entering a portal thru the Library.


    Not sure how true that is, but I can see how that can dragged out for a season or more.

  4. #4
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    709

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Hmm... I think Emma would do all in her power to get back to our world if she ends up in Fantasyland I just don't picture her getting used to primitive medieval lifestyle and for that matter I cannot picture Henry himself getting used to it and giving up portable videogames and the internet. In fact that's the mayor problem with this scenario. All the fairy tale characters have gotten used to modern amenities and going back to a more primitive existence is unimaginable unless some of them crave the Amish lifestyle and for the looks of it none of them do. I think that our world and theirs may not be separate worlds at all but maybe a long distant past now just remembered as legends and folklore. It makes far more sense...


    BTW: Who added the poll? I know it wasn't me as there is no polling option available (at least to regular members anyway)
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

    The banning of images in SIGs suck.

  5. #5
    Lieutenant Colonel jeri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,042

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    I think if they have a choice most might want to stay in the modern world if they can reunite with their loved ones. It would be hard to return to a primitive lifestyle. Our world has many problems, but hey they've got just as many in FTL what with ogres and trolls and people using magic for evil. FTL didn't seem all that happy to me.

  6. #6
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    709

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeri View Post
    I think if they have a choice most might want to stay in the modern world if they can reunite with their loved ones. It would be hard to return to a primitive lifestyle. Our world has many problems, but hey they've got just as many in FTL what with ogres and trolls and people using magic for evil. FTL didn't seem all that happy to me.
    No in fact FTL seems as troubled and as dangerous as our world but more primitive on the other hand if magic is brought into this world running in tandem with Science the possibility of the abuse of both increases dramatically.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

    The banning of images in SIGs suck.

  7. #7
    Lieutenant Colonel jeri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,042

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Bringing magic into this world could lead to some interesting plots. But in an interview with Adam and Edward, the creators of this show,
    Spoiler:
    we need to remember about all those other doors in the Mad Hatter's hat

    Caution, spoilers in interview

  8. #8
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    709

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeri View Post
    Bringing magic into this world could lead to some interesting plots. But in an interview with Adam and Edward, the creators of this show,
    Spoiler:
    we need to remember about all those other doors in the Mad Hatter's hat

    Caution, spoilers in interview

    Yes but they do pose the question as whether or not if the curse is lifted would they return to FTL and for all intended purposes the writers rejected the idea simply saying magic comes with a price, I think they very much remain in this world but magic and the doors to other worlds are bust wide open with consequences for the whole world and not just Storybrooke anymore.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

    The banning of images in SIGs suck.

  9. #9
    Colonel Spimman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Chasing 8 little feet
    Posts
    6,864

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    I'm thinking we'll continue to jump between fairy tale back stories while in actual time we're on Earth. That being said, Earth may be changing...
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

  10. #10
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,915

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    I added the poll. anytime a thread creator wants a poll they just need to report a post in the thread and ask for it. and if the mods agree - we do most of the time - we'll add one.

  11. #11
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    709

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spimman View Post
    I'm thinking we'll continue to jump between fairy tale back stories while in actual time we're on Earth. That being said, Earth may be changing...
    As long as they introduce fairy tale characters they will undoubtedly continue with the Fantasyland flashbacks that's not in question. But with magic set loose upon our world also sets out lots of possibilities. I'm surprised to have found fans in a OUAT fan forums that cannot accept the idea and think that the Fairy Tale characters were never brought to our world as the show's premise suggests but simply to a separate world that has no magic.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

    The banning of images in SIGs suck.

  12. #12
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,915

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    ooh, what about this....the magic comes to the 'real' world....and leaves FTL? In other words, there's only enough magic for one world.

  13. #13
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    709

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    ooh, what about this....the magic comes to the 'real' world....and leaves FTL? In other words, there's only enough magic for one world.
    That could be a possibility. It's their world and ours truly separate though? We do have their stories told since time immemorial all the Grimms did is collect the stories they had heard and placed them on their book. If theirs is a separate alternate reality from the distant past i cannot help but wonder how their alternate reality would look in the present day. Would they have developed technology as we have? Would they have a weird combination of magic and science like in Baum's land of Oz?
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

    The banning of images in SIGs suck.

  14. #14
    Captain
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Quote Originally Posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
    That could be a possibility. It's their world and ours truly separate though? We do have their stories told since time immemorial all the Grimms did is collect the stories they had heard and placed them on their book. If theirs is a separate alternate reality from the distant past i cannot help but wonder how their alternate reality would look in the present day. Would they have developed technology as we have? Would they have a weird combination of magic and science like in Baum's land of Oz?
    From what we have seen, FTL and our world run parallel. They left FTL land due to the curse 28 years before Emma's 28th birthday. They have been in our world for 28 years. So...they were not in the past, but a parallel world.

    In 28 years how much would have changed?

    Instead of science they had magic. Not everyone used magic, but still.

    On topic: They are going to stay in our world in Storybrooke, but could they now leave? Is the magic that is coming back only restricted to Storybrooke as the curse was? Or will it spill over the world?

    For production reasons, they already built the sets of the town, it would be financially unfeasible for them to discard those sets and have all the actors in FTL which is a mix of sets, CGI background, and woods.

  15. #15
    General majorsal's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    in love
    Posts
    22,244

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    has it been explained why the curse equaled everyone being sent to another realm that was without magic or their memories? was purpose or advantage would be taken from this?
    sally


  16. #16
    The Monitor jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Preparing for Crisis
    Posts
    37,073

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Quote Originally Posted by majorsal View Post
    has it been explained why the curse equaled everyone being sent to another realm that was without magic or their memories? was purpose or advantage would be taken from this?
    Kind of. It hinted at but not 100% proven Rumplestiltskin created the curse to go to the other world to find his son
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  17. #17
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    709

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrja84 View Post
    From what we have seen, FTL and our world run parallel. They left FTL land due to the curse 28 years before Emma's 28th birthday. They have been in our world for 28 years. So...they were not in the past, but a parallel world.

    In 28 years how much would have changed?

    Instead of science they had magic. Not everyone used magic, but still.

    On topic: They are going to stay in our world in Storybrooke, but could they now leave? Is the magic that is coming back only restricted to Storybrooke as the curse was? Or will it spill over the world?

    For production reasons, they already built the sets of the town, it would be financially unfeasible for them to discard those sets and have all the actors in FTL which is a mix of sets, CGI background, and woods.
    Umm that they have been here since 1984 doesn't imply that it was 1984 in their world, it could just as easy being the case they arrived from their world's long distant past at exactly that year 28 years ago. The reason I think it has had to be a long time ago is because we've had those stories over centuries ago, if it was a parallel the world would not know of Snow White or malefica or any of them but it does. For what the producers/writers hinted at the interview I think that they are now free to go as they please that doesn't mean everybody will go his or her separate way though I think most especially the main characters will remain living in Storybrook but that won't stop them from say pay a visit to New York or Vegas for example.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

    The banning of images in SIGs suck.

  18. #18
    Captain
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Quote Originally Posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
    Umm that they have been here since 1984 doesn't imply that it was 1984 in their world, it could just as easy being the case they arrived from their world's long distant past at exactly that year 28 years ago.

    The reason I think it has had to be a long time ago is because we've had those stories over centuries ago, if it was a parallel the world would not know of Snow White or malefica or any of them but it does.

    For what the producers/writers hinted at the interview I think that they are now free to go as they please that doesn't mean everybody will go his or her separate way though I think most especially the main characters will remain living in Storybrook but that won't stop them from say pay a visit to New York or Vegas for example.
    Spoiler:
    Okay, if they not only went to another world, but also traveled in time. Then I would like to know why and how Rumpel thinks his son is in this time period of this non-magical world.


    Spoiler:
    His son left for a world without magic decades ago (at least). Since we saw Rumpel as he is when Gepetto was a boy we know Rumpel hasn't aged for some time. But we do not know exactly how long it had been from when his sin disappeared and when the curse went into effect.


    Spoiler:
    Not to mention, when August went into the tree, he was instantly transported to our world 28 years ago. Before the curse was enacted. So either the tree transported him or the tree "stored" him and Emma (and then popped them out in order of who went in first) and then waited for the curse to be enacted. But it doesn't seem like that was the case.


    The writers so far haven't had anyone (yet) talk about where the stories originated, maybe next year Emma will start asking those questions. But for now I'll settle for a we don't know.

  19. #19
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    709

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrja84 View Post
    The writers so far haven't had anyone (yet) talk about where the stories originated, maybe next year Emma will start asking those questions. But for now I'll settle for a we don't know.
    Well either they came from a distant past in an alternate reality or if paralel in time then someone from their world visited ours eons ago bringing those stories with him or her either way it goes back to good O'l time travel.
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

    The banning of images in SIGs suck.

  20. #20
    Probie
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Where will season 2 take place? Our world or Fantasyland back to lumber stoves?

    Quote Originally Posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
    so where do you think season 2 will take place? Still in our world or back to their very primitive existence in Fantasyland?

    BTW I wanted to make a poll but there is no polling option.
    I think it would be pretty kick ass if they go back... But it doesn't seem like it's going to go that route...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Smallville Back For Another Season
    By the fifth man in forum Smallville
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: April 19th, 2008, 08:23 PM
  2. Place your bets! How many more ZPMs will McKay jack this season?
    By AutumnDream in forum Atlantis Season 4
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: February 24th, 2008, 02:47 PM
  3. Place Your Bets! Season Premier Nielsen Ratings!
    By PG15 in forum Atlantis Season 4
    Replies: 752
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2007, 05:11 AM
  4. Replies: 52
    Last Post: August 1st, 2007, 12:10 PM
  5. I want to bring the NOX back for season 10
    By shw77 in forum SG-1 Season 10
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2006, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •