Season 5 Speculations/Predictions/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5 Speculations/Predictions/Discussion

Ok...we got a 5th season coming up. Lets start the discussions/predictions. Of course, where appropriate, please use spoiler tags!
    sigpic

I can't wait for Season 5. With how great the Season 4 finale was, I can't wait to see what they have in store for us with Fringe's final 13 episodes.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well based on what September said at the end of the season 4 finale, I think that we will see the beginnings of the Observers invading the present.

If it was me I would set some episodes in the present and others in the future until they eventually meet up. Thinking that we will see the events leading up-to Walter, Astrid, Peter, Bell etc being encased in Amber and other episodes continuing on from where "Letters of Transit" left off (where we rotate between the 2, kind of like like they did with 'over-here' and 'over-there' episodes).

Comment

That scenario would work for me.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yup that's what I hope we end up with too.

Obviously the final scene of the "present time" series is them encasing themselves in Amber, but it's what happens in between that will be interesting to work out.

I expect we will get a "....3 Years later" time jump in Episode 1 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
            Well based on what September said at the end of the season 4 finale, I think that we will see the beginnings of the Observers invading the present.

If it was me I would set some episodes in the present and others in the future until they eventually meet up. Thinking that we will see the events leading up-to Walter, Astrid, Peter, Bell etc being encased in Amber and other episodes continuing on from where "Letters of Transit" left off (where we rotate between the 2, kind of like like they did with 'over-here' and 'over-there' episodes).
            That sounds good, but with a shortened season...would the writers have time to effectively pull off a season like that?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              That sounds good, but with a shortened season...would the writers have time to effectively pull off a season like that?
              The writers have said that they know exactly how the story will play out and the shortened season isn't an issue.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                The writers have said that they know exactly how the story will play out and the shortened season isn't an issue.
                That I know...but I'm talking about Tanith's prediction of bouncing back and forth between universes, etc.
                sigpic

Comment

Possibly if they don't do much in the way of Filler episodes/situations and do a continuous arc. Think of it this way, in that scenario it would allow 6 'present-day' episodes, 6 'future' episodes and a finale.

The length of an episode of Fringe tends to be around the 42 minute mark.
                  6 episodes of 42 minutes is equal to around 4.2 hours which is almost double the length of time of a typical film. It could be done, though that would mean that practically every episode in the season would end in a cliffhanger of some-kind (until the resolution in the finale).

Comment

Possibly if they don't do much in the way of Filler episodes/situations and do a continuous arc. Think of it this way, in that scenario it would allow 6 'present-day' episodes, 6 'future' episodes and a finale.

6 episodes of 42 minutes is equal to around 4.2 hours which is almost double the length of time of a typical film. It could be done, though that would mean that practically every episode in the season would end in a cliffhanger of some-kind (until the resolution in the finale).
                    I could see that working.

I have faith that the writers will give us a good ending to the series. I don't feel that they've let us down yet.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't that risk Fox cutting off the rest of the episodes if ratings don't improve? I imagine in that scenario ratings would drop due to people not able to catch up what happened previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                        Wouldn't that risk Fox cutting off the rest of the episodes if ratings don't improve? I imagine in that scenario ratings would drop due to people not able to catch up what happened previously.
                        It really doesn't matter. There are only 13 episodes this season...Its just to wrap up 4th season.
                        sigpic

Comment

I will treasure every one of these 13 final episodes.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            It really doesn't matter. There are only 13 episodes this season...Its just to wrap up 4th season.
                            Well it does matter. Will Fox continue to air the episodes if it falls below their expectations? The show still needs to be accessible to new viewers and not be confusing to fans. So yeah, I think it does matter. Cause I want all 13 episodes (maybe more) and no less.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                              Well it does matter. Will Fox continue to air the episodes if it falls below their expectations? The show still needs to be accessible to new viewers and not be confusing to fans. So yeah, I think it does matter. Cause I want all 13 episodes (maybe more) and no less.
                              Doubt if you'll get more. Even though I love Fringe....we're lucky to have gotten a 4th season (based on ratings) and exceptionally lucky to have the 13 episodes that we do have coming. I highly doubt that the writers or actors will stop their top notch jobs for the last 13 episodes. However, as the show has progressed...it has been difficult to just pick it up without having to go back and play catch up. So, I don't foresee any ratings drop from the previously mentioned scenario. As an article said at the beginning of season 4...Fox didn't expect Fringe's audience to grow this year...and I think they're going into next season with the same mentality.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X