Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sci-Fi Season 5 Speculations/Predictions/Discussion

Ok...we got a 5th season coming up. Lets start the discussions/predictions. Of course, where appropriate, please use spoiler tags!

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Default Re: Season 5 Speculations/Predictions/Discussion

I can't wait for Season 5. With how great the Season 4 finale was, I can't wait to see what they have in store for us with Fringe's final 13 episodes.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Well based on what September said at the end of the season 4 finale, I think that we will see the beginnings of the Observers invading the present.

If it was me I would set some episodes in the present and others in the future until they eventually meet up. Thinking that we will see the events leading up-to Walter, Astrid, Peter, Bell etc being encased in Amber and other episodes continuing on from where "Letters of Transit" left off (where we rotate between the 2, kind of like like they did with 'over-here' and 'over-there' episodes).

That scenario would work for me.

"...phu...ah..."

Captain

Yup that's what I hope we end up with too.

Obviously the final scene of the "present time" series is them encasing themselves in Amber, but it's what happens in between that will be interesting to work out.

I expect we will get a "....3 Years later" time jump in Episode 1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanith0709 View Post
    Well based on what September said at the end of the season 4 finale, I think that we will see the beginnings of the Observers invading the present.

If it was me I would set some episodes in the present and others in the future until they eventually meet up. Thinking that we will see the events leading up-to Walter, Astrid, Peter, Bell etc being encased in Amber and other episodes continuing on from where "Letters of Transit" left off (where we rotate between the 2, kind of like like they did with 'over-here' and 'over-there' episodes).
    That sounds good, but with a shortened season...would the writers have time to effectively pull off a season like that?

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    That sounds good, but with a shortened season...would the writers have time to effectively pull off a season like that?
    The writers have said that they know exactly how the story will play out and the shortened season isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by magictrick View Post
    The writers have said that they know exactly how the story will play out and the shortened season isn't an issue.
    That I know...but I'm talking about Tanith's prediction of bouncing back and forth between universes, etc.

Possibly if they don't do much in the way of Filler episodes/situations and do a continuous arc. Think of it this way, in that scenario it would allow 6 'present-day' episodes, 6 'future' episodes and a finale.

The length of an episode of Fringe tends to be around the 42 minute mark.
    6 episodes of 42 minutes is equal to around 4.2 hours which is almost double the length of time of a typical film. It could be done, though that would mean that practically every episode in the season would end in a cliffhanger of some-kind (until the resolution in the finale).

Possibly if they don't do much in the way of Filler episodes/situations and do a continuous arc. Think of it this way, in that scenario it would allow 6 'present-day' episodes, 6 'future' episodes and a finale.

6 episodes of 42 minutes is equal to around 4.2 hours which is almost double the length of time of a typical film. It could be done, though that would mean that practically every episode in the season would end in a cliffhanger of some-kind (until the resolution in the finale).
    I could see that working.

I have faith that the writers will give us a good ending to the series. I don't feel that they've let us down yet.

First Lieutenant

Wouldn't that risk Fox cutting off the rest of the episodes if ratings don't improve? I imagine in that scenario ratings would drop due to people not able to catch up what happened previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrja84 View Post
    Wouldn't that risk Fox cutting off the rest of the episodes if ratings don't improve? I imagine in that scenario ratings would drop due to people not able to catch up what happened previously.
    It really doesn't matter. There are only 13 episodes this season...Its just to wrap up 4th season.

I will treasure every one of these 13 final episodes.

"...phu...ah..."

First Lieutenant

It really doesn't matter. There are only 13 episodes this season...Its just to wrap up 4th season.
    Well it does matter. Will Fox continue to air the episodes if it falls below their expectations? The show still needs to be accessible to new viewers and not be confusing to fans. So yeah, I think it does matter. Cause I want all 13 episodes (maybe more) and no less.

Well it does matter. Will Fox continue to air the episodes if it falls below their expectations? The show still needs to be accessible to new viewers and not be confusing to fans. So yeah, I think it does matter. Cause I want all 13 episodes (maybe more) and no less.
    Doubt if you'll get more. Even though I love Fringe....we're lucky to have gotten a 4th season (based on ratings) and exceptionally lucky to have the 13 episodes that we do have coming. I highly doubt that the writers or actors will stop their top notch jobs for the last 13 episodes. However, as the show has progressed...it has been difficult to just pick it up without having to go back and play catch up. So, I don't foresee any ratings drop from the previously mentioned scenario. As an article said at the beginning of season 4...Fox didn't expect Fringe's audience to grow this year...and I think they're going into next season with the same mentality.

Chief Master Sergeant

Fringe ratings would have to drop realy bad for FOX to cancel it before the 13 episodes are aired. Its not like they need filler episodes or setup to explain what will happen in the next season.

If anything a whole new theme might get some new viewers who don't need to know all of what happened in the last 4 seasons to enjoy the show. I expect more action and crazy experiments in season 5, which is what casual users like anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown_k View Post
    Fringe ratings would have to drop realy bad for FOX to cancel it before the 13 episodes are aired. Its not like they need filler episodes or setup to explain what will happen in the next season.

If anything a whole new theme might get some new viewers who don't need to know all of what happened in the last 4 seasons to enjoy the show. I expect more action and crazy experiments in season 5, which is what casual users like anyway.
    Whatever we get, I'm confident that Fringe will deliver some awesomeness!!!

Whatever we get, I'm confident that Fringe will deliver some awesomeness!!!
    I am confident in that as well.

"...phu...ah..."

First Lieutenant

Fox didn't expect Fringe's audience to grow this year...and I think they're going into next season with the same mentality.
    I didn't realize the audience grew. I'm just hoping it continues in that direction and does not falter. I am not concern with quality as much as I am the reception of the episodes. I want Fringe to go out on a high note ratings wise.

Who knows maybe if the audience continues to grow then they could extend the back order. But I just want the show to continue to do well enough that at least the 13 episode order doesn't change.

I didn't realize the audience grew. I'm just hoping it continues in that direction and does not falter. I am not concern with quality as much as I am the reception of the episodes. I want Fringe to go out on a high note ratings wise.

Who knows maybe if the audience continues to grow then they could extend the back order. But I just want the show to continue to do well enough that at least the 13 episode order doesn't change.
    I didn't say that the audience grew...Fox didn't expect it to...and it really didn't which is evident by the ratings.

Anyway...lets get back to the speculations about what's going to happen next season.