Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Star Wars 1313"?

Well this is...bizarre.

Star Wars fans have been abuzz this week about a potentially big new mystery project in the works dealing with that galaxy far, far away.

It all started when tech site Fusible reported that Lucasfilm had registered Internet domains based on permutations of “Star Wars 1313.” That may not seem revealing in and of itself, but fans first got whiff of a traveling museum exhibit called Star Wars: Identities when Lucasfilm registered that particular domain. Then on May 1, Lucasfilm filed a trademark application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for the name “Star Wars 1313? and declared that it would relate to everything from “online social networking services” to “toy action figures” to “compact discs and DVDs featuring games, films, animation, music, computer game software, and video game software.”

That’s pretty comprehensive, and, well, pretty vague. One thing is certain, though. Lucasfilm isn’t yet ready to reveal what this project is just yet. When asked for comment, a rep for the company said, “We have no announcements at this time.” That hasn’t stopped fans from wildly speculating about what this means for Star Wars‘ future.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Really no idea what to think of this...some kind of connected network?

Comment

Probably something similar to the Star trek exhibitions that was travelling around the world a few years a go. If it comes to London and the tickets are reasonably priced I might go and have a look.

Comment

'Star Wars 1313' announced by LucasArts

Teased earlier this week, players will control a deadly bounty hunter as he uses human skills and powerful weaponry and gadgets, rather than the Force, to hunt down targets.

Taking place in a "never-before-seen dark and mature world", the third-person shooter will bring the dangerous Coruscant underworld to life.

"We're excited to share one of the projects LucasArts has been hard at work developing," said LucasArts president Paul Meegan. "Star Wars 1313 dives into a part of the Star Wars mythos that we've always known existed, but never had a chance to visit.

"We are committed to bringing the best gameplay experience and visual fidelity to life and I truly believe the work we are showcasing at E3 will speak for itself."

Developed internally at LucasArts, the project will introduce an integrated approach to development by incorporating Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. and Skywalker Sound.

More details for the project, including release platforms, will be revealed in the coming months.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I hope that if it ends up only being released on computer platforms that it would include Mac this time. I was crushed when the MMORPG came out only on PC.
          The appeal comes from the very fact that, as impossible as it may seem, the concept itself is plausible. Plus, it's more interesting than most real life shows.

Comment

interesting looking forward to more info.

Comment

Sounds a bit like that PSP game that was released, Lethal Alliance.

sigpic

Comment

This is gonna be so, so awesome. It's like Dark Forces, but with a less important storyline, much better graphics, more weapons and more creativity! I really, really, really hope they add a few stealth missions to this one, the Outcast one was wonderful.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Oh, and it better be on PC.
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                    It's like Dark Forces, but with a less important storyline, much better graphics, more weapons and more creativity! I really, really, really hope they add a few stealth missions to this one, the Outcast one was wonderful.
                    Er...that isn't something to be happy about...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Er...that isn't something to be happy about...
                      By less important storyline, I meant that it isn't that important to the MOVIE SAGA. It's like a behind-the-scenes story, similar to Dark Forces, but it's connection to the movies is probably going to be far less signifcant.

Comment

http://www.starwars.com/watch/sw1313_webdoc1.html
                        A better look at Star Wars 1313
                        Last edited by Teddybrown; 20 September 2012, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Three clips from Star Wars 1313, looks quite decent
                          http://www.starwars.com/watch/star_w..._e3_clip1.html
                          http://www.starwars.com/watch/star_w..._e3_clip2.html
                          http://www.starwars.com/watch/star_w..._e3_clip3.html

Comment

Uncharted, but in the Star Wars universe. I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this game.

sigpic

Comment

Definitely has an Uncharted vibe to it; and the combat reminds me a little of Gears of War.

Thanks for posting, Teddy

Comment

Working...
                              X