Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.09 sounds like the droid secret mission story...

Comment

An interesting episode this week... I'm finding this story arc feels less like individual episodes and more like segments of a larger story. So, I'm looking forward to watching these episodes all in one shot

Trivia isn't up yet, I'll try to post it when it appears.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Found a clip that hasnt been posted yet.
        Spoiler:
        Looks like Mauls got his leg back and Savage his arm...

And, just cause I can, Im going to post the trailer again just to remember how epic this season looks...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGxBQ...eature=related

Really looking forward to the Mandalorian arc!

EDIT: Just watched this weeks episode
        Pretty good, liking the stories advancements.
        Last edited by Teddybrown; 20 October 2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

Found a clip that hasnt been posted yet.
          Spoiler:
          Looks like Mauls got his leg back and Savage his arm...

And, just cause I can, Im going to post the trailer again just to remember how epic this season looks...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGxBQ...eature=related

Really looking forward to the Mandalorian arc!

EDIT: Just watched this weeks episode
          Pretty good, liking the stories advancements.
          I can't wait for the Mandalorian arc either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Ohh that looks awesome. Can't wait!
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That should definitely be pretty interesting.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

5.04 "The Soft War" trivia

Spoiler:
                GENERAL BERGER
                Gregg Berger joins the cast of The Clone Wars as General Kalani. He is a veteran voice actor known for his work on Transformers (as Grimlock), G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero (as Spirit), Duckman (as Cornfed), and perhaps most famously, as Odie on Garfield.

GENERAL KAYE
                David Kaye plays General Tandin. He's known as the voice of Clank in the Ratchet & Clank videogames, the voice of Optimus Prime in Transformers: Animated, and Megatron in Beast Wars: Transformers.

SUPER TACTICAL DROID
                General Kalani is the first super tactical droid seen in the series. A more robust version of the spindly tactical droid introduced in Season One, several tactical droid designs will appear throughout Season Five.

COMMONER DROID
                King Rash's astromech droid, R9-D9, was at one point slated to have a unique texture with royal designs, but in the final episode, it ended up identical to the yellow R4-M1 seen in "R2 Come Home."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  5.04 "The Soft War" trivia

Spoiler:
                  GENERAL BERGER
                  Gregg Berger joins the cast of The Clone Wars as General Kalani. He is a veteran voice actor known for his work on Transformers (as Grimlock), G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero (as Spirit), Duckman (as Cornfed), and perhaps most famously, as Odie on Garfield.

GENERAL KAYE
                  David Kaye plays General Tandin. He's known as the voice of Clank in the Ratchet & Clank videogames, the voice of Optimus Prime in Transformers: Animated, and Megatron in Beast Wars: Transformers.

SUPER TACTICAL DROID
                  General Kalani is the first super tactical droid seen in the series. A more robust version of the spindly tactical droid introduced in Season One, several tactical droid designs will appear throughout Season Five.

COMMONER DROID
                  King Rash's astromech droid, R9-D9, was at one point slated to have a unique texture with royal designs, but in the final episode, it ended up identical to the yellow R4-M1 seen in "R2 Come Home."
                  Finally got to watch the episode this morning.

Spoiler:
                  I like that they were able to rescue the true king. The new super tactical droids could prove interesting. Looking forward to seeing the other designs as well.

I have to agree with you Digi. This arc is starting to feel like it could have made a good movie. Much like the episodes with Krell last season, IMHO.

Comment

Upcoming 'young Jedi' story arc...

From CVI:
                    [T]hey showed us the 80 minute "Young Jedi" story arc during the kids exclusive screening. Dave Filoni prefaced the viewing by saying that GL wanted to know how families would respond to it. They would not allow photos or video and were very strict about it. The screening opened with a green logo that read "Young Jedi" in a font and design similar to the Clone Wars opening logo. The storyline followed 6 padawans and their journey to pass "The Gathering" and building their first lightsabers. The action included a pirate hijacking, rescuing Ahsoka and fighting General Grevious. It also seemed to give Ahsoka more of a starring role and introduced a lightsaber professor droid.

UPDATE: Rene has checked in with more information...

It was computer animation exactly same style as Clone Wars.

The storyline follows Ahsoka as she mentors 6 younglings who appeared to be young teenagers and their adventures into becoming full padawans.

The Padawans were:

Petro: a young male human (almost Latin looking). Cocky, good looking, brash, headstrong, brave, the leader

Kitootie: a young Tholothian female. Princess Leia archetype.

Gunchy: a young male Wookiee. Very Chewbacca like character wise.

Zat: A young male Nautolan. The nerdy, techy one.

Bif: A young male Ithorian. The scaredy cat.

???: A young female Rodian. Glass is always half empty. The only one with pilot training.

The other new character was a droid of original design named Professor ??? They also addressed him as Master. A droid with 2 arms and legs, he has been around since the beginning of the Jedi order and his role is to instruct every padawan on how to construct their lightsaber. He has every lightsaber, its creator and its story in his databanks. He even teases that he's going to tell the padawans the story of how Yoda built his lightsaber.

The first 2 episodes deal with the Jedi ritual of "The Gathering", a rite of passage where every padawan travels to Ilum to find their Kaiburr crystal in a frozen temple.

These are some of the details I remember. If you're interested, I could probably recall more. The last 2 episodes dealt with a pirate hijacking by Hondo Ohnaka and battle with General Grevious himself.

And today, from the CN blog, stills from it!

Image 1
                    Image 2
                    Image 3

So...80 minutes, I guess that means we can assume a 4-parter. And one of the episode titles is, apparently, The Gathering.

Also! Current scuttlebutt is that 5.09-5.12 will be the droids/Republic Commando arc, while 5.13-5.15 will be the Maul/Death Watch/Black Sun story. But that remains unconfirmed, so take it with a grain of salt
                    Last edited by DigiFluid; 22 October 2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Another note -- the schedule on the Cartoon Network's own site now lists "Gathering" as the November 3 episode (where "An Old Friend" sits, according to the Star Wars Insider magazine).

Either somebody goofed, or the upcoming episode order has been rejigged again.

Comment

Revised again:

5.01 "Revival"
                        5.02 "A War on Two Fronts"
                        5.03 "Front Runners"
                        5.04 "The Soft War"
                        5.05 "Tipping Points"
                        5.06 "The Gathering"
                        5.07 "A Test of Strength"
                        5.08 "Bound for Rescue"
                        5.09 "A Necessary Bond"

Unknown placement:

"An Old Friend"
                        "The Rise of Clovis"
                        "Crisis at the Heart"
                        "Secret Weapons"
                        "A Sunny Day in the Void"
                        "Missing in Action"
                        "Point of No Return"
                        "Eminence"
                        "Shades of Reason"
                        "The Lawless"

Incidentally, this leaves us with only three unknown episodes.

Comment

Only seen the first 2 episodes of this season, but what ive seen i've really enjoyed so far
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

5.05 "Tipping Points" trivia:

Spoiler:
                            PROGRAMMED RESPONSE
                            An unscripted response from the lead droid gunship mechanically intones "by your command," a nod to the classic Cylons from the original Battlestar Galactica series.

NEVER BRING A SLINGSHOT TO A BLASTER FIGHT
                            Did you notice: One of the Weequays that greets Anakin upon his arrival to Florrum is armed with a slingshot.

BACK IN BUSINESS
                            Further evidence that this arc was to take place before the season premiere: Hondo's base is intact, where as we see it smashed later on when Darth Maul arrives in "Revival." More on this in the next arc.

SPIES OR SPICE?
                            If you're wondering what Hondo says to Steela: it's a flirtatious, "You can be my new favorite spice."

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM
                            Hondo's yacht is named the Fortune and Glory, a nod to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, wherein Indy and Short Round talk about seeking out "fortune and glory."

CERTAINLY HAS A LOT OF COURAGE
                            When Lux points out to Ahsoka that Steela's courage is all well and good but, "What good would that do us if she gets herself killed," it's a deliberate echo of a line Luke Skywalker delivers about Han Solo in Episode IV.

GUNSHIP ORIGINS
                            The saucer-shaped droid gunships were first seen over Kashyyyk in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The design of the droid gunship stems from the saucer shapes used in the development of the Trade Federation vessels seen in Episode I. In the script for this episode, they are called HMP Predators.

HOME TO ROOST
                            The rebel base nickname of "the nest" is appropriate, as it is situated on the cliff-face alongside giant ruping nests.

NO BATTLE CATS
                            During the development of the episode, an Onderonian narglatch was designed and modeled for use by the rebels, but it never made it to final animation. Supervising director Dave Filoni reasoned that the rebels would use more practical beasts of burden like dalgos and rupings for transportation, rather than a ferocious jungle cat.

Comment

Some notes on the future...in a Q&A with Hasbro, they indicated that they think this will be the show's last season. Filoni first disputed this on the official Star Wars Blog earlier this month, and reiterated his position in Insider 137, stating that the staff has already begun working on designs and scripts for a sixth season.

Didn't think that was enough for a Season 6 thread yet, so I put it here instead

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                                5.05 "Tipping Points" trivia:

Spoiler:
                                PROGRAMMED RESPONSE
                                An unscripted response from the lead droid gunship mechanically intones "by your command," a nod to the classic Cylons from the original Battlestar Galactica series.

NEVER BRING A SLINGSHOT TO A BLASTER FIGHT
                                Did you notice: One of the Weequays that greets Anakin upon his arrival to Florrum is armed with a slingshot.

BACK IN BUSINESS
                                Further evidence that this arc was to take place before the season premiere: Hondo's base is intact, where as we see it smashed later on when Darth Maul arrives in "Revival." More on this in the next arc.

SPIES OR SPICE?
                                If you're wondering what Hondo says to Steela: it's a flirtatious, "You can be my new favorite spice."

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM
                                Hondo's yacht is named the Fortune and Glory, a nod to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, wherein Indy and Short Round talk about seeking out "fortune and glory."

CERTAINLY HAS A LOT OF COURAGE
                                When Lux points out to Ahsoka that Steela's courage is all well and good but, "What good would that do us if she gets herself killed," it's a deliberate echo of a line Luke Skywalker delivers about Han Solo in Episode IV.

GUNSHIP ORIGINS
                                The saucer-shaped droid gunships were first seen over Kashyyyk in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. The design of the droid gunship stems from the saucer shapes used in the development of the Trade Federation vessels seen in Episode I. In the script for this episode, they are called HMP Predators.

HOME TO ROOST
                                The rebel base nickname of "the nest" is appropriate, as it is situated on the cliff-face alongside giant ruping nests.

NO BATTLE CATS
                                During the development of the episode, an Onderonian narglatch was designed and modeled for use by the rebels, but it never made it to final animation. Supervising director Dave Filoni reasoned that the rebels would use more practical beasts of burden like dalgos and rupings for transportation, rather than a ferocious jungle cat.
                                Spoiler:
                                I enjoyed that little tip of the hat to the original Battlestar Galactica. Can't remember if I saw it in reruns or Episode IV first.

Comment

Working...
                                X