Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Lieutenant

Default Zoe is 16 Philomon is 27, did the writers not notice or just not care?

in the UK it wouldn't be a problem but doesn't that make her jail-bate state side?

Default Re: Zoe is 16 Philomon is 27, did the writers not notice or just not care?

Perhaps it escaped your notice, but Caprica isn't set in the States.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

First Lieutenant

Default Re: Zoe is 16 Philomon is 27, did the writers not notice or just not care?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Perhaps it escaped your notice, but Caprica isn't set in the States.
    it is written and made there and I think she's under age on Caprica two

It was written and made in Vancouver.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

First Lieutenant

It was written and made in Vancouver.
    it's easy for an Englishman to forget Canada exists, I just assumed because of the accents that it was american

Yeah, the colossal landmass that's home to many films and most sci-fi series that lays directly north of the Americans is really easy to miss.

First Lieutenant

Yeah, the colossal landmass that's home to many films and most sci-fi series directly north of the Americans is really easy to miss.
    I don't mean literally but it is pretty common for people in Britain to just assume "north american ascent" = "USA"
    there's a Canadian comedian called Tom Stade who talks about it in his act
    "home to many films and most sci-fi series" to be fair most of those are set in the USA

Doesnt really make it wrong theyre both two consenting people why would that be a problem ?
    http://bayimg.com/HAnNnAadJ

Quote Originally Posted by JosephGracey View Post
    Doesnt really make it wrong theyre both two consenting people why would that be a problem ?
    Well technically a 10 year old could also be consenting...But I'm just using an extreme example.

I'm just saying its not like he's forcing her
    http://bayimg.com/HAnNnAadJ

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Its set in another planet in a completely another solar system. Earth laws let alone American ones don't apply
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Yeah, the colossal landmass that's home to many films and most sci-fi series that lays directly north of the Americans is really easy to miss.
    Whoa whoa whoa! Theres land north of the US?!?! But..what......since when!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Well technically a 10 year old could also be consenting...But I'm just using an extreme example.
    A ten year old likely wouldnt fully understand what its consenting two.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    I don't mean literally but it is pretty common for people in Britain to just assume "north american ascent" = "USA"
    there's a Canadian comedian called Tom Stade who talks about it in his act
    "home to many films and most sci-fi series" to be fair most of those are set in the USA
    I think most sci-fi is filmed in Canada, bar some scenes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...uced_in_Canada

Age of consent in developed countries....

13 years old:
    Argentina
    Japan
    Spain

14 years old:
    Brazil
    Germany
    Italy
    Portugal

15 years old:
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    France
    Greenland
    Slovakia
    Sweden

16 years old:
    Belgium
    Canada
    India
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Russia
    South Africa
    United Kingdom
    United States
    - Alabama
    - Alaska
    - Arkansas
    - Connecticut
    - DC
    - Georgia
    - Hawaii
    - Indiana
    - Iowa
    - Kansas
    - Kentucky
    - Maine
    - Maryland
    - Massachusetts
    - Michigan
    - Minnesota
    - Mississippi
    - Montana
    - Nevada
    - New Hampshire
    - New Jersey
    - North Carolina
    - Ohio
    - Oklahoma
    - Rhode Island
    - South Carolina
    - South Dakota
    - Vermont
    - Washington
    - West Virginia

17 years old:
    - Colorado
    - Illinois
    - Louisiana
    - Missouri
    - Nebraska
    - New Mexico
    - New York
    - Texas
    - Wyoming

And then there's all those places where there's no offense if the parties are within a certain number of years of age, even if one is underage.

Looking things up on Wikipedia is haaaaaaaard.

There's also the fact that this all took place in a virtual world. In a virtual world where they were killing people for sport, playing Russian Roulette, sex dens, etc. etc. I think her being under age and a computer program are the least of your worries.
    IMO always implied.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by JosephGracey View Post
    zoe's consenting, but Philomon thinks he's having sex with someone totally different

zoe's consenting, but Philomon thinks he's having sex with someone totally different
    That's the chance he takes when doing that in V-world. As people can pick what they want to look like and lie about everything. Heck, the person behind the Zoe avatar could have been a 50 yr old guy for all Philomon knew.

Besides I don't recall them ever having sex...even if it was virtual...on the show. And I just rewatched the entire series two weeks ago.

That's pretty much the chance people take when they chat on online forums, etc. etc. You can't see who you are talking to.
    IMO always implied.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    That's the chance he takes when doing that in V-world. As people can pick what they want to look like and lie about everything. Heck, the person behind the Zoe avatar could have been a 50 yr old guy for all Philomon knew.

Besides I don't recall them ever having sex...even if it was virtual...on the show. And I just rewatched the entire series two weeks ago.

That's pretty much the chance people take when they chat on online forums, etc. etc. You can't see who you are talking to.
    "That's the chance he takes when doing that in V-world" couldn't you use the same logic on women who are manipulated into sleeping with men in real life?
    "I don't recall them ever having sex" I distinctly remember them lying next to each other on a virtual four poster bed, what do you think they were doing?

"That's the chance he takes when doing that in V-world" couldn't you use the same logic on women who are manipulated into sleeping with men in real life?
    "I don't recall them ever having sex" I distinctly remember them lying next to each other on a virtual four poster bed, what do you think they were doing?
    Lying next too each other on a four post bed....

Quote Originally Posted by Ukko View Post
    Lying next too each other on a four post bed....
    lol. That's what I thought they were doing too.

Last I looked there was no virtual world in today's reality where people have sex through avatars. Video/PC games etc don't count. So I fail to see how that argument has anything to do with the situation presented in the TV show.
    IMO always implied.