Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANYTHING about Stargate at this point has me at the edge of my seat. Not getting my hopes up, just having a little hope.

Comment

The head of the project is Valencia and Spain's left-back? I'm surprised he has the time

Comment

If its an actual game and not just an interactive thing, I would want it be based on Tower Defense subgenre, but they said first person, which doesnt strike me as something suitable for iOS.
        sigpic

Comment

Cell phone game after all, eh? Lame!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            It sounds to me like they are just talking about the SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. I don't have a smart phone nor a tablet, so I guess I'm left out.
            It looks like this ^^. There is nothing in the comments that seems to support anything live action.
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
              Cell phone game after all, eh? Lame!
              i agree. i don't have a smart phone so for me thats pointless.
              sigpic

Comment

Finally, the first real Stargate video game what we have been waiting for so long after three great movies and three great series... IS A XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX(I like to shout X-s when I'm angry) CELL PHONE GAME?!!!!!!!!!!
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I'm sure there is some sort of emulator that would allow you to play in on your computer.

Comment

games? cell phones? nonsense! I suppose there are some who love that kind of thing, but aren't there a lot of Stargate fans who are older like me and don't use those apps or play games. So nothing for me.
                    sigpic

Comment

"3 chapters done by November with 24 on the way."

Sounds like Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1. A video game slowly released over the course of several years.

With all of the failed attempts at Stargate games, i see why theyre going this direction. How this performs may decide the fate of future live-action.

OR OR OR theyre combining the next SG-1 and Atlantis films with a sprinkle of Stargate Universe.

The latter sounds just as likely, to me.

"I wish i could say more"

Ya, us too. 3 months to San Diego ComicCon. sigh
                      When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

The game will be developed as a First Person 3D Sci-Fi Action Adventure and will include support for all mobile platforms.
                        To me that doesn't sound like it's just a mobile game.

As long as I've had a Smartphone I've been looking to download really basic Stargate apps. Just to have a damn DHD and Stargate clock. Every time I've gone on the market and browsed "stargate" with some hope that I could get some more interaction I've dreamed for a full Stargate game.
                        My screensaver is 2000 pictures of the cancelled Stargate SG-1 game. I'm not sure if it's Worlds but it's one of them.

I've got an Android and I bought this one for $300 just to get a SciFi channel app so I'll probably do the same for this game. Or borrow an iPad - oh God, imagine it on an iPad! I might just buy that useless waste of money. My brother has two. I never saw the point in them.

If the show does come back I would just want something. It can be like Battlestar and keep changing the cast for all I care. I just want some Shanks cameos.

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
                        Sounds like Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 1. A video game slowly released over the course of several years.
                        No wonder it's so hard to get that game. For me I mean. As someone who can't keep up with how video games can be downloaded and only wants to play Sonic 2 on a beat up MasterSystem.

Originally posted by Snicker433 View Post
                        SGA:
                        SGA went for 5 seasons and was awesome, but near the end of season 5 it was rushed, and cut short, there are still have in Pegasus, and Atlantis is on Earth.
                        Not exactly cut short. On TV, maybe but it continues in the Legacy books. Third books is out now. After you read it can you lend it to me?
                        The books are so well written it's like you're watching the show. To me at least and my hyper visual mind.

Bring on the app!
                        Last edited by Zed_PM; 30 April 2012, 04:24 PM.
                        My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Games and stargate has not had the best of history together. I hope it will be different this time around. But so far it seem to be following the same path as all the other attempts, new company, untested team, over optimistic directors, need I go on. The only thing they got on there side is that my expectations for mobile phone games are so low they would have to purposely fail for them not to create a game that is equal to my expectations.

If they are going to revive the series or wrap up SGU (the only one that needs to be finish off in my opinion) then they will likely announce such plans at comic con and not before hand.

Fact Joe has been brief on the project does make me wonder whether MGM are working on bigger things in the background. I be shock if they announce new live material.
                          But continuation in Novel form is a distinct possibility (I be fine with that but they will need to find far better writers than the ones that wrote the awful Atlantis continuation novels.) less likely a comic book series.

If they arrive at Comic con with just the mobile game a lot of fans will be disappointed.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 30 April 2012, 06:02 PM.

Comment

As long as it's released on Android 3.1 I'll be happy.
                            My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

I think the closest thing to a video game right now is the Stargate simulator(you take the place of Walter Harriman who controls the Gate Room. There are a LOT of addresses to dial, you have a lot of incoming wormholes(Jaffa, Reetou, Sokar, Jonas Quinn, Bra'tac, Tok'ra) and you can even dial Atlantis and Othala and use the MALP, send SG teams...
                              There's an Atlantis simulator too, but it is boring.
                              And an offworld simulator where dialing gates is too easy and the only other thing is the GDO.
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Just wanted to throw my hat into the ring of conspiracy theories as well. About two months ago the official Stargate resistance Facebook page redid its about info to TBA and at the bottom it speculates that it might return in some form or another! Android app perhaps? Freaking loved this game and would be so happy to see its return.

Comment

Working...
                                X