Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Is MGM about to revive Stargate SG-1

(Sorry i only post this because it wouldn't let me login on the announcement)

Link: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2012/0...stargate-sg-1/

If i read this right, there might be more Sg-1 in the future? if so then, OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Going on the assumption that i DID read it correctly, It would be awesome if they did restart SG-1, but if they do, i want SGA and SGU to get the same treatment "Bring them back too" (eventually).

SGA:
    SGA went for 5 seasons and was awesome, but near the end of season 5 it was rushed, and cut short, there are still have in Pegasus, and Atlantis is on Earth.

SGU:
    Come on... it only had two seasons, if anything it deserves it more then SGA. And they cut it off with a cliffhanger "I want to see what happens!".
    SG-1 was the best
    SG-A was just as awesome

SG-U should CONTINUE!!!

Default Re: Is MGM about to revive Stargate SG-1

"New format" ??? Are they going to pull a Star Trek movie alternate universe thing, redo the series? That would be interesting.

I think I would prefer if they just continued all three series though.

Oh my...they had better not disappoint. People can get crazy. *twitching*
    He who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Destiny, fighting off people that cancel SGU

Tingly news indeed! However if all it amounts to is a game for the "i" devices I'll be entirely uninterested and disappointed. Need more SGU!

Quote Originally Posted by dacooker View Post
    The ships named Destiny for a reason....three years my friend, three years....

Currently Humming the Mission Impossible Theme

It would seem that something was alluded too during the latest convention. There isn't quite a lot of news being broadcast about this yet.. So, I am going to remain doubtful.

Quote from SG 1 Facebook Fan Page...

"Wow what a day! Tonight the Stargate Convention in Vancouver, is buzzing with excitement about an earlier announcement made by independent producer, Darren Thomas. Fans were treated to previously unreleased news about MGM's collaboration on a new SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. The scoop from Thomas is that MGM is reviving SG-1 albeit in a new format- music to the ears of many fans around the world. Thomas didn't want to divulge more, but he did say that "plans are underway and I wish I could tell you more. The good news is that we will be unveiling something big at this year's Comic-Con in San Diego". But in the meantime stay tuned for more information right here on the SG-1 official MGM page."

Again... respectfully, I remain doubtful...
    This isn't about love. This is about revenge....

Lieutenant Colonel

It sounds to me like they are just talking about the SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. I don't have a smart phone nor a tablet, so I guess I'm left out.

its a game, or what people consider games nowadays. This is great news though, that means stargate wont die a painful death and it is what i wanted MGM to do, as it will do two things; A) make use of stargate franchise and see what others can accomplish with it, B) measure how popular stargate really is.

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Duneknight View Post
    its a game, or what people consider games nowadays.
    In other words, not coming back. At least not for me. I don't play "cell phone" games.

Bleh.

If it got the FMA Brotherhood treatment that would be kinda cool, sg-1 follows it's own story but then this follows closer to the movie somehow

But it doesnt really need to be rebooted though, it is epic just the way it is
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Lieutenant Colonel

Whether or not it is rebooted depends on who wants to produce a new film or TV series. If it's the Emmerich/Devlin duo, it'll be a sequel to the original film, ignoring the TV saga. If it's people who worked on or liked the TV saga, it'll be a continuation. If it's people who like the concept, but want to leave their own mark, it'll be a reboot. You get the point. It all boils down to who is running the show on the next production.

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog tonight:

Mailbag:

Tim Bullock writes: “Joe. did you here about the StarGate reboot to be announced at Com-con this Summer in some from?”

Answer: I’m aware of the project, but “reboot” is the wrong term. It implies a new film or television series which isn’t the case here.

Captain

I wonder if it's just to see how many posts they could get on Gateworld about the app.

I wonder if they'll finally get around to using Peter DeLuise's lyrics for the opening.

A - If it is alternate reality, they better not recast Jack O'Neill.
    B - I've heard that Dean Devlin is interested in finishing the original Stargate trilogy as he saw it(making SG1, SGA and SGU alternate realities).
    C - Bring back SGU.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Chief Master Sergeant Terra Atlantus's Avatar

http://www.rtva.ad/noticia.aspx?id=35555
    Ordino Studios will produce the game in the series `Stargate`

One of the companies installed in Andorra since the partial opening to foreign investment is Ordino Studies. Audiovisual entity that has been divided into two business segments: The 3D animation and video games. In this last aspect, the company will start work within one month, in a video game based on the U.S. series "Stargate." The result will not be until November and be the first game with interactive application of the franchise series of Metro Goldwyn Mayer, which has transferred the rights to production company in Andorra. The project has made Ordino Studies is preparing to hire 20 people for the project.
    http://www.bondia.ad/index.php?optio...id=43:societat
    An interactive game to take the IOS and Android made in Andorra in the world. This is a video game based on the U.S. series Stargate Ordino Studios that will start producing within a month and in November must be completed with three chapters. If a project like Metro Goldwyn Mayer, who will have the rights to this series that was broadcast over a decade, Ordino n'haurà Studios to produce up to 24 chapters.
    The company has begun recruiting staff with the intention to carry out this project and its head, Jordi Alba, thinks he can be an important first step to Andorra to become an important center of production of video games and animation and then export them abroad.
    Stop guessing now.

Staff Sergeant

ANYTHING about Stargate at this point has me at the edge of my seat. Not getting my hopes up, just having a little hope.

Colonel

The head of the project is Valencia and Spain's left-back? I'm surprised he has the time

If its an actual game and not just an interactive thing, I would want it be based on Tower Defense subgenre, but they said first person, which doesnt strike me as something suitable for iOS.

Lieutenant Colonel

Cell phone game after all, eh? Lame!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman37 View Post
    It sounds to me like they are just talking about the SG-1 App designed for smart phones and tablets. I don't have a smart phone nor a tablet, so I guess I'm left out.
    It looks like this ^^. There is nothing in the comments that seems to support anything live action.
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast